EQ Next: #1 Next gen MMO

• Guest, a new site style is ready for use. The poll to change the "default" style, and provide your feedback can be found here

zero_name

Knight of the Realm
Aug 7, 2016
After years of hype and promise, SOE/Daybreak successfully delivered the one and only true next gen MMO with EQN.

Epic trailer

Beautiful character design
DCrizxU.jpg

Jaw-dropping architecture
W9G3nAy.jpg

Next-gen gameplay
WrEOx3o.jpg

And a stunning new take on Qeynos
6a0uXbV.jpg

This is truly Norrath done right.

Discuss!

Hosix

All labs matter!
<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
5h 38m
Brad and Tyen have competition. They should combine forces to take on this beast called EQN.

Dandai

Often mistaken for Paul Allen
<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
22h 15m
#triggered

slippery

<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
1d 3h 54m
Why hasn't this been sent to the rickshaw

Hosix

All labs matter!
<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
5h 38m
It's happening. EQN will redefine mmo's!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Jul 30, 2016
Can anyone explain what their actual vision was regarding the crowd-sourced assets for this game? Was there actually a possibility of having giant cat cities in the game? Rofl

Tiggles

Resident Nationalist
<Donors Crew>
Jul 24, 2016
13h 12m
Can anyone explain what their actual vision was regarding the crowd-sourced assets for this game? Was there actually a possibility of having giant cat cities in the game? Rofl
Before it went completely down hill, they had design contests where they gave you a theme and some test artwork (ogre,human,troll) etc. Then they let you build. They would declare a winner and your assets would be used in game.

It was a neat concept

Aug 10, 2016
It was a neat concept
It was a clever scam to generate content without having to pay for it. The fact that they were evidently unable to make any sort of significant progress on this game, despite having a small army of free artists, is fairly astounding. Waiting for the 30 For 30 on this godamn debacle.

Aug 1, 2016
What cracks me up is some of you sad sacks actually thought this game looked awesome with those retarded graphics. I remember the excited hype during Ponytail's big presentation.

Aug 10, 2016
What cracks me up is some of you sad sacks actually thought this game looked awesome with those retarded graphics. I remember the excited hype during Ponytail's big presentation.
If you thought some of the optimists around here were bamboozled, you should have seed the Reddit board. Anyone who didn't blow a sparkling load over the "beautiful stylized graphics" was just about banned from the sub. When the game was cancelled I went back specifically to bask in the beautiful sadness.

slippery

<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
1d 3h 54m
I was at SOE Live the year they announced it, and it was so blatantly obvious the game was just a pipe dream that wouldn't launch anytime in the remotely near future. I don't know how people really believed there was even a game here. The initial announcement had tons of concept flaws in the game design, nevermind that they couldn't even implement what they talked about