EQ - The Sleeper

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely fun to play on. I messed around on the beta a bit and It's been coming along nicely.

They have done a lot of work on the AC system and testing out the raid content so AC won't be pointless like in many of the other emulators.

The Sleeper has the potential to expand to a different era of EQ so I don't think there will be a conflict between EQClassic and The Sleeper.

The Sleeper is going to do player votes to implement expansions and they will continue to develop the newer expansion in order.

Here is their basic FAQ break down

http://epicemu.com/faq

Basic info, yes there will be 2 boxing no more, stuff like manastone will be available for a limited time, there will be a pvp server.

Here is a couple other notes taken from their site. I'm assuming these pertain to the PvE server, I don't think it would make sense to have dynamic raid spawning on a PvP server lol.

" Dynamic Raid Spawning - In the event of overcrowded raid encounters, guilds will be allowed certain tokens per week to spawn raid boss encounters on demand, no need to wait around for random spawn timers while sacrificing valuable real life time. Enjoy the fact that your raid can have a set time and place, without dispute, incident, or provocation from other players.

Randomized Hotzones - Experience boosting hotzones will be randomly chosen and rotated through on a weekly - bi-weekly basis, providing you and other players the ability to group more often in higher risk / reward zones. Sometimes these hotzones may be announced without specifying the zone, making it a fun hunt for you and your friends."

Might not be the best server if you find yourself in the top 1% of EQ players and feel you should have exclusive access to raid content, but other players might find it more enjoyable.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The danger here is a lot of people are tired of spending their free time helping people develop classic projects. That said, there is quite a high demand for one with everything working almost perfectly (VERY HIGH for one with classic through Velious).

I'm waiting for the one with that perfect classic implementation of a PvP server... the one I will probably never see.

I haven't played EQ in a while so I'm not going to be burnt out whenever a new server goes up.

I'm going to enter it with an open mind and see how the release goes. It certainly sounds like the server is going a different route than the other projects in development so I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

It fluctuates but I haven't seen it bump above 100 before. Nirgon has the right analysis of the situation though, many people don't want to help beta test a server after having done it many times before.

A lot of people I've spoken to are just waiting for the server to go live.

Beta characters aren't going to be deleted though. Their intention is to release a new server when it's finished and all the beta characters will begin testing the Luclin expansion content.

Basically test server will be one expansion in front of play server.

I think it could be a good idea to do testing this way because metagamers who power through all of velious on a play server might decide to join into the test server to start on luclin.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Before I bother going through all that levelling again... questions! I didn't see these in the FAQ. My apologies if it was there.

1. What is your stance on the usual issues, like MQ2, SEQ, RMTing? How about griefing/training?

2. How will cheating be dealt with on this server, and will this change from time to time depending on mostly unexplained circumstances, or will you guys put your foot (feet?) down and stand by your decisions?

I'm asking these things because they are staples of P99, and if they're going to be as all-encompassing here, I won't even bother wasting my time.

Well, here are the current player rules on the server. I'm sure it's subject to change and I think most of the GM headaches resulting from raid drama should be handled by dynamic raid spawns.

http://epicemu.com/forum/server-player-rules

You will note that it mentions GM's will be allowed to have play characters on the server but they have restrictions and I think they won't try to identify themselves as GM's.

Here is the rules for GM characters. The real question comes down to enforcement of punishment by the server staff on GM's if / when rules are broken

http://epicemu.com/forum/game-staff-rules

This is their current mob camp rules for non raid targets.

http://epicemu.com/forum/mob-camping-rules

I see potential for the server to be good or bad. So I'll just try it out when it's released and see how it goes then.

So far the staff has seemed friendly enough even to people who are obviously wrong about game mechanics or just confused about EQ in general.

I'd say if you are interested in a different take on classic EQ give it a shot when it's released. If you aren't burned out from beta testing log on help out. The staff constantly does updates so any extra feedback helps.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I don't want to see the staff being friendly. I want to see them banhammering the everliving shit out of some moron who was caught soloing dragons with MQ2, without remorse, without second chances, and certainly without a cover-up.

Looks like they've addressed what I asked about in their rules posts.

Server is made by a guy who got caught cheating on p99, who then left this long ass message about how he would make a emu server to get back at p99 and shit.
Guy was caught MQ and RMT. Think he is going run a legit business or just sell items etc etc

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Server is made by a guy who got caught cheating on p99, who then left this long ass message about how he would make a emu server to get back at p99 and shit.
Guy was caught MQ and RMT. Think he is going run a legit business or just sell items etc etc
This is actually pretty much the only thing stopping me from saying "hey, I think I'll try to play here", and "hey, I have a fair amount of experience with eqemu, I might want to offer to help those devs". I don't trust Toop for an instant. Anyone who watched him burn out on P99 should have as much trouble doing so as I do.

Worth a shot when it's released either way imo. I don't think MQ or RMT is a problem specific to Toop or this server.

There is hope is my view and reason to try it when it gets released. Other servers already are RMT / MQ cockblocks.

This one isn't yet, it might turn out different especially with dynamic raid spawns diluting RMT lockdown ability. Who knows, at the very least they seem willing to run multiple servers and share the code so that is a bonus.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Well, here are the current player rules on the server. I'm sure it's subject to change and I think most of the GM headaches resulting from raid drama should be handled by dynamic raid spawns.

http://epicemu.com/forum/server-player-rules

You will note that it mentions GM's will be allowed to have play characters on the server but they have restrictions and I think they won't try to identify themselves as GM's.

Here is the rules for GM characters. The real question comes down to enforcement of punishment by the server staff on GM's if / when rules are broken

http://epicemu.com/forum/game-staff-rules

This is their current mob camp rules for non raid targets.

http://epicemu.com/forum/mob-camping-rules

I see potential for the server to be good or bad. So I'll just try it out when it's released and see how it goes then.

So far the staff has seemed friendly enough even to people who are obviously wrong about game mechanics or just confused about EQ in general.

I'd say if you are interested in a different take on classic EQ give it a shot when it's released. If you aren't burned out from beta testing log on help out. The staff constantly does updates so any extra feedback helps.
This is all very important information and the extra feedback does help, our developers are always available via voice chat, the forums are checked regularly and most fixes are reported right after they are made.

The devs are confident that you will enjoy the work we are putting into the server and the code that will be distributed so others can enjoy their own classic servers. The more people we have beta testing and reporting bugs the better it will be for the entire emulator community.

KrimzinIV_sl

shitlord
Considering my guild was just here for about 3-4 months its got a looooong way to go until its remotely close to being as polished as p99. Especially with the way Kegz handles feedback from testers. Not a bad server but imo if your not playing on EQmac and your looking for any type of "EQ Classic" feel your selling yourself short. I regret the 4 months i spent on this server and should have been playing on EQmac instead.

Krimz
In Virtue

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Classic era skill_caps SQL scripts are now available for developers on the open source section of the forum, must be registered to download them.

^@ViViD_sl

shitlord
Alkorin;62712 said:
Wasn't this server started by folks that left P99? Wasn't one of them Toop? Didn't he get mad when he was caught cheating on P99 and dealt a ban?

Yes, you are correct.
Sorry said:
If you only new what went on behind the scene at P99, he ended up getting ban due to him running programs to assist in pathing over-lay and loot table's and percentages on HIS SERVER not even loaded in P99. While playing P99 of course as he was the founder of his guild and was always busy. Anyways the .DLL that was illegally released by P99 just search's your task manager/registry and if it see's something that resembles it can trigger their system. So all in all since P99 illegally looks at your registry and you play live or another server with MQ2 or something similar you will be BANT. P99 has no way in telling if an injection failed which it would with newer current version of MQ2. A mass group of people got ban this way, myself included when I asked them to look at logs I never got an answer waited forever, bumped every so often. Now by this time I remembered a virus warning when patching about a couple weeks before ban cant remember was long time ago. What I found in the .DLL was that the .DLL pretty much gives them full control of your PC if they wanted. I got ZERO response after exposing this. P99 is corrupt and unlawfully running DLL and having a lil celtic pride into looking .
into your mass bans.

Oh and Rogean Nil if you read this kinda ironic that one of your Devs just wrote code for first /warp ever on EQMAC stay classy!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Rogean told Salty (TyenCat) he wasn't going to read FoH anymore and looks like he stuck to that as far as I can tell. I'm sure it goes for here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.