EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Uh. We all knew what that DLL did from day one. But nice try there!

Dang I always liked the pets zoning with you (yes I know not classic.) There are some non-classic things I would love to see on this server. Spell Slot saves is a really nice feature. i cant stand going thru my spellbook. also its nice to right click an empty spell gm and see your spells sorted out all nice and neat. Maps not a big deal imo, its not like people dont use eq atlas. Depending on population, soul binders are great. My experience with red99 is melees get completely fucked on a low pop. besides not being able to solom they cant even travel anywhere safely because there is noone to bind them at their destination. TBH you should allow binding in TD indef. im bound in TD on LoZ with my shammy and it freakin rocks. love it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Why would it have anything to do with any server other than P99? Anyway, he was running SEQ while playing on P99, which he readily admitted to on their forums. He got caught and banned. The end.

The purpose of the DLL was posted on the P99 forums almost immediately after it was discovered. Toop knew as much as everyone else.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Dang I always liked the pets zoning with you (yes I know not classic.) There are some non-classic things I would love to see on this server. Spell Slot saves is a really nice feature. i cant stand going thru my spellbook. also its nice to right click an empty spell gm and see your spells sorted out all nice and neat. Maps not a big deal imo, its not like people dont use eq atlas. Depending on population, soul binders are great. My experience with red99 is melees get completely fucked on a low pop. besides not being able to solom they cant even travel anywhere safely because there is noone to bind them at their destination. TBH you should allow binding in TD indef. im bound in TD on LoZ with my shammy and it freakin rocks. love it.
Haha sorry to ruin your pet zoning experiences, luckily I wrote that code with a on/off switch so most servers will default to on unless specified otherwise. There are some things you mentioned that will be staying, ex; click to mem spells, maps, and a few other friendly UI/UX features that really should have been there from the start.

2 more classic era skill_caps SQL scripts now available on the open source section of the forums for developers.

Epic battle for control of the firepots.

^@ViViD_sl

shitlord
Why would it have anything to do with any server other than P99? Anyway, he was running SEQ while playing on P99, which he readily admitted to on their forums. He got caught and banned. The end.

The purpose of the DLL was posted on the P99 forums almost immediately after it was discovered. Toop knew as much as everyone else.
This sounds more of a personal issue to me than anything, nothing was even released till it was discovered and called out. P99 as an organization released .DLL's against the law no more to it, Plain and simple. That being the case I dont think you would fit on the sleeper server, and this forum given your view.

Jhoanna_sl

shitlord
The Sleeper Server is fantastic, and definitely worth checking out if you are looking for a user friendly, classic content EQ server. I have been playing on it for months and I am working really hard with the development team to fix bugs, test zones, troubleshoot, but most importantly to have fun. I have known the server developers for almost two years now. I started playing with them in P99. I met Kegs and Faerie on Mumble voice chat, and their welcoming personality, good sense of humor, and wonderful leadership qualities led me me joining and ranking up quickly in their guild.

Unfortunately, P99 was a disaster. I have a fully geared max level bard on it that I cannot touch. Something seriously wrong was going on with the development team there. Bugs were not being fixed, but rather being exploited, and endorsed by the devs. The server was only responsive to the desires of the elite guild who played like 13 year olds. I was never allowed to even SEE a dragon in P99, which was a serious shortcoming. What good is high-end content if there is a giant bully pushing you out of every zone? I used to have to deal with Sol B rather than raiding, and even there Inglorious Bastards had the gall to zerg the zone out of boredom, force us out, and even purposefully train us in some circumstances. I came to have fun with classic EQ, not to get poopsocked by children with bad manners and a strong sense of entitlement. My guild was eventually scapegoated for the problems with the the P99 server, and the P99 dev team used it as a distraction from the farce they were calling "friendly competition." Kegz' character was banned for no reason. He was developing The Sleeper Server and some of the tools that were running on his computer were conceived of as him cheating. But if anyone knew Kegz, cheating in p99 was not his priority, obviously, because he already had lost all interest in the middle school playground that P99 had become. Not to mention, we regularly witnessed IB and TR cheating by using ShowEQ on Shamans in Hate to check spawns. Kegz was set up as a straw man because he was developing something better than P99 and they knew it. The endless whining of P99 trolls should show you that they are butthurt and scared that The Sleeper is going to be more fun and more fair that P99, and that people wont put up with a serverwide monopoly. It's like playing Risk and your opponent starts off with all of the pieces. Unless you were a friend of Rogean's years ago, you could never get anywhere in that server.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the changes involving the .DLL's was unconscionable. Downloading P99 now is downright stupid, because it will essentially leave your computer wide open to the p99 dev team; people who have already demonstrated malicious intent and shadiness. If you use P99 it should be considered a security threat, and you should not have ANY sensitive information on your computer if you do. Even if the P99 dev team is not using the .DLL's maliciously, any numskull hacker could hijack the security exploits in the .DLLs and do whatever they wanted with them, and suddenly your identity is stolen because some punk thought it was a good idea to wrap his self-indulgent "security measures" on an ANCIENT GAME so far around your machine that he doesn't even know what it is doing.

All of the original coding and work that Kegz' has put in to the server to fix old P99 bugs and to make general gameplay fantastic. He even posts his work online for everyone to use and edit for their own servers! I have a lvl 40 Shaman, 50 Enchanter, 50 Necromancer, 55 Monk, and 55 Rogue, and using them in fun and interesting duos, or combinations when I am grouped makes EQ a lot more fast paced an exciting. Instead of strategizing with just one toon, you can duo with two anywhere, and a good EQ player will have the entire game unlocked for single player style (with no annoyingly overcamped areas!!) or for raiding with just two other friends. The players on The Sleeper are fun, intelligent, and the entire dev team is super cool. I will be playing The Sleeper when it launches, and I am very, very excited for it. Long awaited Velious content here we come!

It's nothing specific to this emulator, pretty much every EQ project gets attacked for some reason or another lol.

Definitely looking forward to trying a different take on classic EQ with this project.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
This sounds more of a personal issue to me than anything, nothing was even released till it was discovered and called out. P99 as an organization released .DLL's against the law no more to it, Plain and simple. That being the case I dont think you would fit on the sleeper server, and this forum given your view.
I'd link you to the FOH P99 post that mentioned the DLL waaaay back, but I can't as it's gone.

The only reason their DLL is likely illegal is the lack of full disclosure on their part. Once some of us figured out what it was capable of doing (by looking at the strings in the DLL, before it was active, and definitely not "3-4 months ago"), there was a big stink about it and most of P99's player base decided that they didn't care if Rogean and co. could spy on them and steal all their files at will. It's a choice they all made. I chose to quit playing and I'm not the only one.

In any case, I thought I'd ask about this since Toop's flame-out when he was caught was pretty spectacular, and left a lot of us thinking that he really was using SEQ on P99. If that's not the case, so be it. I didn't know him all that well, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but if you'd been around to see his reaction when he was banned, you'd have doubts too.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Definitely looking forward to trying a different take on classic EQ with this project.
I think I'm gonna give this place a go after all, just to see how it evolves.

Kegz, do you guys have a git repository or something where people can submit code? I threw together a few patches back when I was running a server that haven't made it into EQemu, and I wouldn't mind seeing them put to good use.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Let he who is without rage from EverQuest cast the first stone.

Hafta see how Toop does.

Jhoanna_sl

shitlord
In any case, I thought I'd ask about this since Toop's flame-out when he was caught was pretty spectacular, and left a lot of us thinking that he really was using SEQ on P99. If that's not the case, so be it. I didn't know him all that well, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but if you'd been around to see his reaction when he was banned, you'd have doubts too.
If you are referring to the OOCs and shouts after Toop was banned, Rogean RECREATED a character named Toop and shouted ridiculous things in EC tunnel just to try and besmirch him. One things is for sure, no one will ever be tarred and feathered for fun in The Sleeper. Toop doesn't have time to waste on childish things like that. He's too active fixing bugs and helping people.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Subversion will be available soon for developers looking to contribute, info will be posted on forums and on here when it is available.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
If you are referring to the OOCs and shouts after Toop was banned, Rogean RECREATED a character named Toop and shouted ridiculous things in EC tunnel just to try and besmirch him. One things is for sure, no one will ever be tarred and feathered for fun in The Sleeper. Toop doesn't have time to waste on childish things like that. He's too active fixing bugs and helping people.
I'm referring to the forum post(s), which were definitely not done by Rogean.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I hope this server does very well mostly because Keg is actually being an open dev for once in the god damn history of emu's. Fast responses and open to outside assistance? Bizzaro world up in this bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.