EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I played on this server for about 5 or 6 days.

1. After 28 hours /played I was level 9 as a Halfling Druid. The xp rate was absolutely ridiculous, and nothing close to classic. It took roughly 400 even con MOBs to ding from 5-6 on Orc Hill in Gfay in a full group. They put in place a 25% xp penalty in newbie zones opening week for fuck's sake.
2. The population was sparse, even with everyone being low level. Boxers made the problem twice as bad.
3. MOB regen was WAY too high.
4. Pathing was incredibly bad.
5. Many small bugs existed that added up to a totally unenjoyable play experience
6. The lag.
7. Itemization was terrible. Orcs in crushbone weren't even dropping belts.

I deleted without a second thought. This was not ready for release. Shame, because it could have been awesome if they just finished it first.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Definitely not looking like this server is gonna work out. Sad, I had high hopes.

I'm still casually putting in an hour or two here and there, in the hopes Kegz and company gets their shit together, but with recent events it's definitely not looking like that will happen.

Siliconemelons

They do need to turn global OOC back on, or make /auction global so non-business can be told to stop w/o the 'but its ooc!' bull.

Global OOC is IMO only going to make guilds stronger as they have a server wide way to communicate and share- while anyone "on their own" is fucked and only has the forums for assistance etc...

the stuff that needs fixing can be done by getting a few (2-3) deticated non-dumb people into the fold and working on things just hammering them out.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I remember when I logged into The Sleeper for the first time. Hopped into Misty Thicket to go grind out my lowbie levels. It had been over a decade, but by my memory 24hours of /played time should have gotten me to roughly level 18 as a Halfling if I was just xping in a chill way.

So around level 3 when I had put in like 6 hours I started to get suspicious. Global ooc was on fire with complaints. I joined in saying that I seemed to remember level 1-2 taking 9-11 even con kills, and Sleeper took close to 40. I was literally ASSAULTED by neckbeards calling me a scrub and questioning my memory. Fair enough, after that long maybe I was totally wrong.

A few days later I delete my char on Sleeper in frustration and roll on P99. Level 1-2 takes me exactly 10 kills. Yup.

gn0me_sl

shitlord
To be fair I had been enjoying my time on the server. Started playing a week ago with a few hours here and there. Leveling up to 4 was surprisingly shitty and slow in gfay, but things seem to have taken off since then. I've also banked some plat for my level as orcs seem to drop decent gold from what I recall on live. Bought all spells, a crookstinger and all leather armor for my level 9 duo team. Not impressive, no, but definitely better than I would have thought starting from scratch back in the day.

Though I do hear shit is not itemized right for the 20-30+ levels, maybe its just taking Kegz time to get everything figured out.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Ya, that would be the plus of levelling so slowly. By level 9 I had 110p and all my spells up to level 19 pre purchased :p

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
K since I really do not like their forums here's my beef after getting a monk to level 30.

Everything after lvl 25+ is broken. By that I want you to imagine every zone, mob, named, loot, drops, pathing, quest...you name it.
- The only classic items that are currently dropping are Manastone, Guise of the Deceiver (Mask of Deception & Guise of Deceiver both dropped at the same time), Rubicite apparently (I've logged 10 hours in there and havent seen any). Sarnak Liberator is dropping.
- Chief RokGus is spawning inside Droga and outside in FM. FM is double spawning the named cycle. Moss covered twig does not drop (Cracked Branch does however)
- All named mobs apparently have a larger chance to drop NOTHING than their actual loot. At 25+ just be prepared for all named to drop nothing.
- I ran through Skyfire without being accosted. EVERYTHING in Skyfire cons indifferent. Even Dry Sapara (pally 1.5 epic and VP key quest replacer). Even the sperm things are your buddies. I ran to Chardok because I thought maybe I'd be indifferent and snag a ring. Nope.
- XP is maybe ok if your in a 6 man group killing mobs 3 levels higher than you. It scales 10 base logarithmically from that spot though. Im pretty sure killing blue con mobs go not give you xp even though you get a 'you have gained xp' message.
- Cranking down the Xp because you remember it being hard to level when you were 14 years old is not classic.
- FD doesnt break when your cast on
- Hide / invis does not break/kill charm/pets
- NPC's do not assist their pets. Pets are easy xp.
- Some named spawn 95% of the time instead of their ph. Some named haven't even been seen.
- Mobs have no indirect hate table, meaning, you can train around a group of mobs and someone else can range pull a mob from that train. The person training can FD and grats your group on a single pull.
- From what I've heard lvl 34 mage pets are hitting for 18 on even con+ mobs. Lots of mage tears at the moment.
- Faction is crazy weird: Spend an hour in EC killing orcs and grats you on max faction in freeport. Kill gnomes in Sol A and never see your faction drop despite getting -neg faction messages.
- Blue con guards in HHK are hitting for 200 a swing / 400 a round. No phat guard xp for you!
- Mobs kick stun at lvl 1?
- Clockworks in Sol A dont use clockwork poison.
- No xp cap. We brought in a lvl 1 to Sol A and let it get full xp off 1 mob and it dinged to 6.

These are just the things that I have seen.

Now global /ooc has been turned off despite some frustrating issues. Kegz, however, HAS been present but he's the only one. Whatever staff there is is non-existant. I would like to see Kegz open up his project to some trustworthy individuals. I am offering our melee/spell logs amounting to about 800 megs from raids in Velious while on EQMAC. Recorded data from basically every zone. Spell resists / melee etc. A few talented <Inglourious Basterds> are asking to help implement info into the database (data entry).

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
And lo and behold, Kegz (was this Toop?) is nowhere to be found after posting here frequently to let people know when the server would release.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Pegasus double spawns too, saw two up at the same time. Kegz did just announce an npc regen hotfix being put in and active next reset

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
There were 7 Quillmanes up in SK yesterday, 4 of which were stacked on top of each other.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Server sounds like it's approaching the point of all being one elaborate troll on the emu community.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Well to be fair, CB belts do drop. I got to lvl6 and just started training people in CB.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Server restart for pet fix, hp regen fix and some other stuff.. down 10min!

Status
Not open for further replies.