EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did you get banned for being a bad boy? I was in mumble two days ago when someone was bitching about people exploiting some pet.

yraapt_sl

shitlord
Someone got a title for reporting me for exploiting npc pets
Is this where you can attack a pet at a certain level and the NPC owning the pet doesn't attack you. It just summons a new pet for you to kill? It was like that for over a year on live. GMs didn't care about it. Eventually got patched so the NPC would join in.

Motec_sl

shitlord
All these founder guys have titles and shit. What the fuck did they do in beta, assuming it was weddings in g'fay and ensuring /tell for GM Rez macros were made.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I was using charmed pets for the harmtouch from King Gragnar in Warrens.. soon as my charmed pet took a harmtouch, the high shaman popped (which stands next to king) and got "offended" that the king would attack that poor kobold and they both went at it. The high shaman won, lol. Thought was a neat tricktongue.pngI charmed the shaman before he could kill the king and got xp for both.

tongue.png

Motec_sl

shitlord
Its called faction warring. Theres a few ways to do it. Im giving kegz a decent list soon enough, when he fixes some cleric shit.

Motec_sl

shitlord
So we spoke to kegz about the obscene xp loss on death at around 20% of a level.

So he fixes it and went a little overboard. Next idea? Stupid fuck makes it more like 22-25%. This happens only after the one group with 50% Rez on the server requests it.

Gave him info on classic pets with all stats, logs and ss's of pet damage. He still has them underperforming.

Gave him several game breaking exploits. Dude took four days to fix a basic fucking quest in return.

Beta testers: the following zones are fucked:
Sol a
City of mist
Sol b
High keep
High pass
Beholders maze
Befallen
Lower guk
Cazic Thule
Kaesora

These problems range from imps with 3x normal HP in sol b, bats in sol b hitting for 120+, mobs in COM aground ghosts as they run through walls, sol a pathing all over the fucking place anywhere south of zone in, pathing and npc regen in nearly every zone.

Kegz spent 20 minutes explaining how CT is perfect and he did it by hand. There is z axis mobs nmeleeing through floor/roof, not a single fucking alligator in the gator pits. Itemization on all named is fucked. Lol it just goes on and on.

Nearly every names NPC in game doesn't drop any loot. Crystal caverns? Grats on the same neck piece 509x and nothing more.

Once his 'founders' (beta) tagged mates stopped exping on specs in oasis he ninja increased spawn time from 6 to 15mins for the next grp.

Trash drops from kaesora are vendoring for 50-400pp. Lol.

Whole beta crew are corrupt and stupid as fuck it seems. Even basic level one quests are broken. Koalandi fish? Broken. It takes under 90 seconds to do that quest from character creation. Fuck knows the extent of all this.

Literally hundreds of out of content mobs, drops, items, spells. NPC casters chain cast ae's, random mobs in beholders proc a massive range as blind.

Factions are fucked. Nearly every character in game is non kos to ring of scale, zones like skyfire? Every mob is indifferent and the pally epic 1.5 mob is guarding VP ala sontalak style.

Exp rate is easily 30-50% down on what it should be. All caster research is broken or cockblocked by no itemization of rs components.

And the best anecdote of today alone? From a GM. "Velks floor is excellent because those haste gauntlets drop from random spiders there"...there we have it, a GM who sat in velks groups for hours on end while someone pulled the top floor named frenzy to ground level has a definitive view on a loot table and itemization of a zone.

I could write for days about this shit, it truelly is pathetic. Absolute expert hardcore/nightmare mode EQ.

Oh and tonight, a translocator (replaced boats) dropped me for 32k. 1-3hrs xp loss

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Uh. Wow. Maybe I should resurrect that Classic EQ server I was working on after all.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Off to kaesora! hahaha, any tips for fast xp!

The loot lag is pretty intense also, tried to show Kegz that but he couldnt see it like all of us can, not sure. I went to omen to try to do a quest and I died instantly due to all the people in the zone looting (25ish). I couldnt kite or gauge when to cast cause when lag came off, the mob was at my feet.

I guess charm is broken too? meh.

Rhuobhe

N00b
I gave up due to quest bugs and goofy loot tables. Exp was not an issue worth crying about imho

Started up on p99 for the first time. I am just trying different classes I havent played yet to figure out what I will do in eqclassic.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Kegz permanently increased the xp, by however much he didnt say, but seems noticable.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Not even open for a couple months and already giving in to the players and making the place less classic? Heh.

YIMMY_sl

shitlord
After reading all these threads it seems like it would be easier paying my friends 15 bucks an hour and force them to come back to group with me on a regular server and re-live the nostalgic experience than go through this hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.