EQ - The Sleeper

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegz_sl

shitlord

The Sleeper is the most fair and polished Velious server in existence. Check it out today athttp://epicemu.com

The Sleeper server has been in development for over a year and a half launching open beta for 7 months ago in mid 2012.

Currently plans are to release the server with expansions up to Velious available, with the potential for progression into Luclin, PoP, and beyond based on community feedback and development capability.

Server Features:

Dynamic Raid Spawning
In the event of overcrowded raid encounters, guilds will be allowed certain tokens per week to spawn raid boss encounters on demand, no need to wait around for random spawn timers while sacrificing valuable real life time. Enjoy the fact that your raid can have a set time and place, without dispute, incident, or provocation from other players.

Randomized Hotzones
Experience boosting hotzones will be randomly chosen and rotated through on a weekly - bi-weekly basis, providing you and other players the ability to group more often in higher risk / reward zones. Sometimes these hotzones may be announced without specifying the zone, making it a fun hunt for you and your friends.

Classic Items/Zone to Start
Remember the 'fire-pot' room? Manastones? Rubicite Armor? Dark Elf Masks? These items are now available, and will be for a limited time after launch.

Epics
The longest, sometimes most annoying and tedious quests are available for you to grind away at and you can get started on your epic quests as soon as you are able to!

Dedicated Development Team
You will have developers who are working hard to bring you content set as close as possible to the accurate era. Community feedback is appreciated, the developers will listen to your idea's to assist in reproducing the ideal Norrath.

Continuation of Beta Characters
Your beta characters wont be deleted when the server goes live, they will be moved to the new test server which will be locked for a few months after the live launch of The Sleeper. The new test server will serve as a platform for you to continue testing content into the Luclin era of EverQuest when the developers are ready.

Unique Resources
Sometimes the wayback machine just doesn't cut it, in order to get classic content you need classic data. Our development team has been dedicated to keeping track of EverQuest information since it's beginning. Be prepared to play an emulated EverQuest as close to its original content as possible thanks to our developers hard work from years ago.

Beta Ends in Early April 2013
You're welcome to join the beta test and enjoy EverQuest as it was in the Velious era. The Sleeper developers and GM's are active, easy to reach, and strive to maintain a mature community of players.

When the beta is over the beta server will be turned off while the devs prepare Luclin on it, during this time you will be encouraged to play on the live server. After a few months the beta server will reopen with Luclin available and your old characters to test it with.

If you're interested in running your own EQ server we have an open source section with many fixes available for the basic builds of the emulator compile, and a login server for you to list your server.

Learn more, sign up, and follow the getting started guide athttp://EpicEmu.com
Requires EverQuest Titanium Client

Most importantly, if you are having issues the developers and other players are available all day in voice chat to discuss your concerns, issues, or distinct experiences with EverQuest - or just come hang out and get to know us - we're easy to reach.

• 1Nationalist
Reactions: 1 user

Achtung

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I checked this out a couple of months ago. Staff were very helpful and communicative, but a lot of the mobs/pathing/stuff wasn't quite there yet. I'll check it out again shortly.

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
Nice video/trailer. I'm onboard if I can get my Inspiron 1545 (pos) in decent enough shape to run it.

For how long do you expect the beta to run?

Keput

Trakanon Raider
How is this any different than any other emu server? All of them have the eventuality of become crap-whole. See P99.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
P99 is special because it attracted the filth of the internet. See the rants and flames section. What P99 needs is a heavier hand dealing blows.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any particular reason this server has the same name as a crappy live server?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
P99 is special because it attracted the filth of the internet. See the rants and flames section. What P99 needs is a heavier hand dealing blows.
Wasn't this server started by folks that left P99? Wasn't one of them Toop? Didn't he get mad when he was caught cheating on P99 and dealt a ban?

Sorry, but... I don't see much in this server's future with that guy even close to the helm.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
For how long do you expect the beta to run?
As long as it takes for the developers to feel comfortable that we are releasing a quality product - at our current rate of production you can expect the server to release this year. There will be a new video released soon with the official launch datesmile.png

I checked this out a couple of months ago. Staff were very helpful and communicative, but a lot of the mobs/pathing/stuff wasn't quite there yet. I'll check it out again shortly.
Thank you and hope to see you on again soon!

Holy shit are you the same Kegz from Karana that was a Jewish dwarf who wore a incardine bp and had the sweetest deals at the 3rd torch???

You sold me my first Yaks bro.
Yep, dwf, bp may have been rubicite (Im a collector), 3rd torch was def my spot, looks like I sold you your first Yaksbiggrin.png
Maybe if you're playing on Waterson I'm shooting you now ^_^ NC4L

Implemented a patch today to stop pets from zoning with the player (emulator wide issue) and created a rule for it to switch on and off in the database, code is posted in the open source section.

Oh, and by the way exp is at 400% right now to accelerate the beta, message a GM to get beta tester gear.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
EverQuest. The memories will never fade. How's the beta going?
Excellent, all the help people have provided finding bugs in the beta will really help solidify the server at launch, granted we're sure more bugs will be found when theres a larger population. Many major bugs that effect all emulated servers have been fixed and some have already been posted for use by other devs to fix their servers. The dev team is confident that this year you will have a live server to play on, and that a large portion of the code to make your own classic emulator will be available.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Why not just get with Yeahlight since he just finished a five year project?
Many people ask why not team up with others and complete work faster etc. and unfortunately our efforts to try and work with other devs usually fail due to the very defensive nature of devs and the code they are creating.

We've been lucky enough to bring on 2 developers who have no problems releasing the work they do, and this is the difficult task, finding people who are willing to part with their work so others may enjoy it as well. The dev team is offering the platform for classic emulator open source coding, and we're putting our hundreds of hours of work up for others to use - we gladly invite all other devs who are willing to work together to join us in this effort. We're very excited to see our code being used, and thank you to those who are already starting to message us and want to help contribute!

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Patch implemented today to fix some spells and disciplines, download the new patch files using the launcher or at epicemu.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.