EQ - The Sleeper

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Logged in earlier to glance at the numbers and the server is just so dead. Doubt it gets much more than 50 players at peak now. Such a monumental failure.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Sucked so bad he went into a fit of rage and DDoS'd p99 for over a month straight.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Failserver 2013 is on its last leg. Quoting Kegz:

More info coming soon, make sure you read: "and become private once again" dont know how that can be misconstrued; the server is going private current players can keep playing, new players will have a new process. The code will become available for others to host a server as well, public or private. When this change takes place we will have more info for you and the process which new players will need to go through to join the community etc.

It's very unfortunate that our community has become collateral damage to those who dislike other servers and are working hard to release cheats / hacks that are undetectable and gamebreaking. We are quite sure as a private community the members will be better able to police each others activities and these types of issues can be reduced. It is important to note that since the release of these cheats there is not a single emulated server that is safe from their abilities, which in turn will destroy the servers and gameplay in the long run.

As developers we have a level of respect for other developers because we understand the time, energy, and work that goes into any coding project, however we see these new cheats as an extremely unnecessary and disappointing situation, and wish the creators, talented as they may be, had focused their efforts elsewhere for the good of the community.
It's an unfortunate situation for sure, we've put thousands of man hours into this server and to have it challenged by some undetectable / unstoppable cheats is extremely disappointing for all of us. As for the current SOE situation if I were to work there or even receive a contract I will not be able to have any part of this project, and would likely turn it over to a party I can trust to take care of the database and player base. It is important that the server be private, because as a public server any person will be able to just hop on and cause massive amounts of havoc with the third party cheats that are currently available. We will keep you updated on the latest as we progress.
He's also apparently claiming to possibly start working for SOE soon, which is so abjectly unlikely that I have to assume it's another one of his countless lies to flatter himself and to excuse the death of his server.

TD;DR: server is about to disable public access and require invitation to play, and Kegz is looking to hand it over to someone else. We called it months ago. He's blaming "cheaters" and is implying that he might land a job at SOE soon, which is about as likely as Zimmerman working with troubled black youths.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
"New", undetectable, unstoppable cheats. LOL. I love how this guy has absolutely no idea what the fuck he's talking about.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
what, you don't think that there were any hackers out there that cared about cheating on The Sleeper enough to take the time to develop completely new hacking methods JUST FOR Kegz' server?

rolleyes.png

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i mean there's like 35 people that play on that server! at least one of them has to be smart enough to...

bahahahahahahaha nevermind i can't even keep a straight face saying this shit

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ironically Kerafym was never woken nor implemented at all.

I'm going to miss this thread.

Del

Vyemm Raider
So he needs an excuse because he can't be associated with a public emu server if he's applying to work at SOE. This guy is such a fucking joke. lol

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Am I missing something or is that just some kinda elaborate MQ2 script/UI?

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
Yeah its just a UI for MQ2 shit that has been available for fucking ever. And when he used it on p1999 infront of Rogean, Rogean was able to tell him the fucking folder his MQ2 was running from. So idk why hes acting like it cant be detected.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I think the point is that he (Kegz) is under the impression that this isn't MQ2, that it's something new and that it's somehow different than the shit people have been doing since MQ2 was made.

Drowed_sl

shitlord
It's retardedly simple to use MQ2 or offset hacks on P99 despite the antihack .dll since its birth (custom eqgame.exe + crc spoof always my fav), idk how Kegz could have ever opened his server with zero or stock emu cheat detection and not think a large majority of his population wouldn't be using MQ2... especially with the history of how he got banhammered off P99 for using MQ2 and the fact he allows 2 boxing.

TL;DR poor excuses to avoid admitting his server was a piece of shit and needs shutting down

Drowed_sl

shitlord
oh and fyi this retard abyss is using an offset trainer in that video with the theory that if you're not hooking into eqgame.exe with a program "CALLED" mq2.exe that you won't get flagged and caught. he's also giving out "undetectable" speed hacks. sorry bros, but the server can track your movement rate via location position changes and will flag you for speed hacking. dude is straight up stupid and anyone using that shit will get banned.

literally 0 things in that video that haven't been around for many many years

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
And the idiocy continues. I posted a pic with an arrow pointing to the MQ2 window in that video. Kegz deleted or moved the thread and posted this shit:

Kegz_sl said:
Over the last week and a half a website was created which released game breaking hacks, not 10 year old 'convenience' hacks, these are seriously end game killers (see them in use on p99 here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMRVaWSrGLg) that can be used to instantly warp around a zone, cause grief to players or raids at their will, kill raid bosses or in fact any mob without losing hit points, and a lot more. We believe that it is the best decision to make the server registration private for new players until we can come up with a way to stop these hacks from effecting your gameplay. At this time there is a potential patch in the works and we will be testing it this weekend. We will continue to update you as we progress with these fixes; the integrity of the server is important and if we cannot guarantee a clean and legitimate play experience the server will continue to operate as a private server (current players will keep their accounts / logins and new players will need to apply to join the server). In addition this weekend a lot more of the source code for the server will be released on GitHub and you are encouraged to start your own server, begin learning how it functions and how to modify it, in order to assist in the growth of this classic through velious emulator.

If you are unwilling to wait for a fix and the switch back to public we completely understand that, and hope you also understand the 3 years put into the development of this server's structure. The development team is extremely disappointed in the creation of these hacks which impede the gameplay of others on a scale not seen before, even though they were not created specifically for our server. We hope to be able to resolve these hacks, and if you are able to help please do consider PMing me or hopping in the mumble.

We thank those who have been supporting us during these unfortunate events.
Amagads, these are seriously end game killer hacks!

Status
Not open for further replies.