EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Something brand new, some of which could be implemented on live...

Sounds gameplay/sandbox related. Scalable group content? Maybe tuning raid content to be doable by much smaller forces, and capping raids at like 12/24/30 instead of 54/72 - to make it more in line with other MMOs?
New egg collection quest that results in a pride bunny for Stomples Day, accessible on live and TLP!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Ultara died? Anyone know what happened? Seemed like a good dude that I used to rip on because you could hear the fans on his 20 laptops spinning up in the background constantly every time he keyed his mic.
He passed away last summer. Can’t remember if we found out the cause, but he had some issues he struggled with.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
So they have until April to shake the magic 8 ball till it gives them a server idea.

So it's something they "haven't really done before"

It involves systematic changes that can be added to Live

It is something they are reluctant to add to Live without giving it a test run on TLPs.

Either it's just words being thrown out to build hype

or

It's PvP with stuff they've never done in EQ 1. PvP pick/AoC zones, PvP toggles that aren't perm, PvP reward vendors ect.

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My guess is, it's something along the lines of all races / all classes allowed type of thing, or some type of class rebalancing effort. 🤷‍♂️

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
All races can be all classes with PvP where you can only fight people outside your race so everyone gets killed until they reroll Ogre and when the server is 95% ogre or higher everyone gets a /claim for a 50% exp pot.

Then you turn the server off.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Galaxy Brain

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Not really anything new for TLP news, but it is interesting that they're trying something new and if it works they may implement it on live servers.

The big takeaway is how it's clear there are some very serious discussions going on about a new EQ game.
Transcript here for those that don't want to watch the video

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's kind of interesting that since JChan took over, TLP's can be anything we think of and like 50% of the shit we have on TLP's they previously said they couldn't do. Not sure if JChan is a wizard or just not lazy like I'm assuming the previous head devs were.

Shit like double loot, unlocking classes early, mixed race/class combos. All shit they said was impossible but some of it's done and most of it seems to be completely possible. I'd LOVE to see them do some more wild west shit like scaled down raids or randomized dungeon levels and loot but I'll just temper my expectations to loot and lockout rules and maybe some class/race shenanigans.

• 2Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I'd like to see all dungeons have randomised names that can spawn in any location, kind of like GE

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know I joked about Ogre dominance but going through the races and classes you'd end up with a whole lot of fucking Ogres. Ogre Monk (obviously), Ogre Rogue, Ogre Bard, Ogre Druid, Ogre Cleric, Ogre Ranger, Ogre Paladin and then a bunch of meme casters because why not.

It would be amusing if they let you pick any combination at character select and there was just no support for any of it. You get a little window that pops up asking if you're sure and explaining the situation and then you're just dropped in. High Elf SK running around with everything in GF at threatening and the closest spells and trainer in Ak'Anon. Oh, and the Dark Reflection hates your guts so you've got some faction work to do. The easier route would be something like having PoK open at launch. It could even be heavily restricted where you can click a stone to go there but there's only one exit and it's to Freeport.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's kind of interesting that since JChan took over, TLP's can be anything we think of and like 50% of the shit we have on TLP's they previously said they couldn't do. Not sure if JChan is a wizard or just not lazy like I'm assuming the previous head devs were.

Shit like double loot, unlocking classes early, mixed race/class combos. All shit they said was impossible but some of it's done and most of it seems to be completely possible. I'd LOVE to see them do some more wild west shit like scaled down raids or randomized dungeon levels and loot but I'll just temper my expectations to loot and lockout rules and maybe some class/race shenanigans.
JChan is a bit of a wizard.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I would love that. Log in and immediately die to a nearby npc :emoji_laughing:

It would technically still work. You don't need to use a trainer for the first point of a new skill. That just happens automatically now when you level. I think everyone's immediate respawn area is safe? Enjoy your free teleport to Nektulos, Driziztiz the dark elf ranger and your fifty brothers.

There's even a bit of RP as your "between two worlds, accepted by neither" character has to get their shit together. TROLL BARD NEED SONGS, FEEL RHYTHM IN HEART, ANY HELP BUY?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users