EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
What do these P numbers translate to in terms of raw number of actual people on? Like what does Firiona get on an average weeknight compared to Coirnav?

Looks to me like everything from Antonius on down is pretty dead. Zek, Agnarr, and Vaniki all serve a purpose (and one is in-progress) but I think they should work on doing some mergers. Antonius + Coirnav, Mangler + Ragefire. Or even merge all four into one. Add Thornblade to Mischief and add Aradune to Rizlona. Could also add a stray low-pop server to Vox.

I am not 100% sure but I suspect its just a ranking system based on unique logins. They seem to like to just count unique logins for a server on a given day.

I do know that Yelinak and Mischief have average about 1300 a night for the past 6 months, Vaniki about 200 a night.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What do these P numbers translate to in terms of raw number of actual people on? Like what does Firiona get on an average weeknight compared to Coirnav?

Looks to me like everything from Antonius on down is pretty dead. Zek, Agnarr, and Vaniki all serve a purpose (and one is in-progress) but I think they should work on doing some mergers. Antonius + Coirnav, Mangler + Ragefire. Or even merge all four into one. Add Thornblade to Mischief and add Aradune to Rizlona. Could also add a stray low-pop server to Vox.
They'll never add aradune to rizlona and they definitely shouldn't. That would be a big fuck you to the players on Aradune.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Speaking of shitty zone designs, I’m extremely glad to never have to set foot in MPG again. What an awful zone concept

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Speaking of shitty zone designs, I’m extremely glad to never have to set foot in MPG again. What an awful zone concept
I actually liked that zone, oddly enough. Good place to XP and when I boxed a group it was always a fun challenge to run through to the trials without dying. When the raid would come through because people can't help themselves, I'd paladin root the path so the easily lost wouldn't die.

DiscordEQ

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am not 100% sure but I suspect its just a ranking system based on unique logins. They seem to like to just count unique logins for a server on a given day.

I do know that Yelinak and Mischief have average about 1300 a night for the past 6 months, Vaniki about 200 a night.
Feels pretty bad knowing even the popular servers have less than 2k unique logins a day. I wonder what an average low pop WOW server averages a day

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Feels pretty bad knowing even the popular servers have less than 2k unique logins a day. I wonder what an average low pop WOW server averages a day
With everything being crossrealm in WoW, server population doesnt matter anymore. There were a lot of classic servers with less than that though.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider

Not really anything new for TLP news, but it is interesting that they're trying something new and if it works they may implement it on live servers.

The big takeaway is how it's clear there are some very serious discussions going on about a new EQ game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist

This is from EQ Resource, not internal stats. Unique logins per day are many thousands higher than the total concurrent which is what this tracks. Server cap is 5000-6000 concurrent but I bet “high” on the server tracker is like 1000 or 1500. So the ceiling on “high” is very high.

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Waiting for this episode was like going on a date but it just ends with a shitty handjob.

Totally agree! I feel like he kinda oversold what was going to be in there. The only thing I learned, that we didn't already know prior to watching, was her saying April for details. That said, I like that the show exists. He has some good content. Just stop being a cock tease...

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does Fading work for DBG or jut a fan? He keeps acting like hes gonna drop info and never does.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Waiting for this episode was like going on a date but it just ends with a shitty handjob.

Rather have a friction filled handjob then this swashbuckler shirt.

1678901770619.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Damn. I should have gone on record thinking the background was a T-shirt. But that was the easiest thing to guess.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Something brand new, some of which could be implemented on live...

Sounds gameplay/sandbox related. Scalable group content? Maybe tuning raid content to be doable by much smaller forces, and capping raids at like 12/24/30 instead of 54/72 - to make it more in line with other MMOs?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Would be cool if they tiered loot tables based on size of raid + speed of kill

25 or less = 150% loot
35 = 125% loot
45 + no bonus
60 + no bonus

So if you Zerg you can get the speed bonus but not size etc