EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Caught up with by a buddy of mine who works over at DPG. Gave me the DL on new server. You boys are in for a BIG surprise. Can’t say much really other than the most competitive of us will REALLY enjoy it…

• 3Faggotry
  • 1Picard
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Caught up with by a buddy of mine who works over at DPG. Gave me the DL on new server. You boys are in for a BIG surprise. Can’t say much really other than the most competitive of us will REALLY enjoy it…

All erudites lets fucking GOOO

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Will you play it?

Baulkin

Lord Nagafen Raider

So... they are putting in leaderboards huh. Probably tied to titles or mounts. People will no life and lose their job for a mount.

• 1Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Waiting for this episode was like going on a date but it just ends with a shitty handjob.
1678976534865.png

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
So... they are putting in leaderboards huh. Probably tied to titles or mounts. People will no life and lose their job for a mount.
How would a TLP leaderboard even work? Guild leaderboard? Player leaderboard? How do you measure who's in first? The whole concept just seems weird.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand the point of leaderboards in a game where the top 10% of players are already at a massive advantage.

• 2Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems like they had a leaderboard of sorts back when eqplayers was a thing for.. fippy? I think? It tracked all the firsts, like first to hit 50 in each class, first to complete their epics, first to 300 in each TS etc etc.

• 2Like

Baulkin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It wouldn't be hard to setup a leaderboard. Just track serverwide announcements. You could do first of X class to max level, firsts for epics, first guild to clear an expansion. Maybe tie it in with an achievements revamp so there is a participation trophy if you finish the content in era regardless....so people don't rage. This is all low hanging fruit.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
You can tell this is a troll because Foler said he has a buddy. We all know that's bullshit.

He has people he tolerates. But no 'buddies'.

• 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It wouldn't be hard to setup a leaderboard. Just track serverwide announcements. You could do first of X class to max level, firsts for epics, first guild to clear an expansion. Maybe tie it in with an achievements revamp so there is a participation trophy if you finish the content in era regardless....so people don't rage. This is all low hanging fruit.
I swear Fippy did this in server wide emotes. Leaderboard websites seem kinda pointless for a game this old.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You can tell this is a troll because Foler said he has a buddy. We all know that's bullshit.

He has people he tolerates. But no 'buddies'.

Seriously. People talking Foler's word for anything are just as dumb as he is at this point

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They'll never add aradune to rizlona and they definitely shouldn't. That would be a big fuck you to the players on Aradune.

Yeah, I didn't think that one through at all.

Not really anything new for TLP news, but it is interesting that they're trying something new and if it works they may implement it on live servers.

So wait, that's it? No J-Chan onlyfans announcement? Am I the only one who wants to keep this company afloat, dammit?

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found it interesting that whoever the latest flavor of the month investment group that bought them gave them new capital that allowed them to do things like the 64 bit and DirectX upgrades. Which allowed them to do things like the UI overhaul. Jchan said most of those technical infrastructure upgrades where farmed out.

That is low return on your investment type of stuff for a company with short-term goals. But it seems like it is pretty impactful stuff for a company that is in it for the long haul. Actions speak louder than words, and they didn't have to invest like that and they did.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
My guess is, it's something along the lines of all races / all classes allowed type of thing, or some type of class rebalancing effort. 🤷‍♂️

All races/all classes would be cool, but it would either require adding a ton of new NPCs to zones / accounting for factions / etc, OR having the server start at a point where the towns no longer matter in that sense. So... a PoP start server.