EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is playing with SEQ and MQ2 a pre requisite these days? Or at least SEQ? I haven't played a TLP since like 2016 or 2017 at the latest. I used SEQ and MQ2 a lot way back in the day, but I'm super rusty and am not sure I care enough to get them going again. So to box you need another pc/laptop? Until what expansion?

How do picks work these days? Are they exploitable? Are they well managed (i.e. they spin up new pick at 20 players in lguk instead of 50?)

Basically what are the big things that have changed in the last 8 or so years of TLPs that someone coming back would want to know? Are the Chinese botters as bad as some people say?
It's in no way necessary despite what people will say, unless you're responsible for tracking in a guild, are looking to snipe named mobs, or just want useful tracking for whatever (like seeing if a camp is open instead of sending out a camp check). It's not as ubiquitous as people say but it is still very widely used.

Picks are fairly tame now because they put you at the beginning of the zone. There were some not-really-worth-it workarounds for this but they may have been closed off.

Legit true boxing requires a different physical computer. I think it relaxes in OoW?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
EQ anti cheat is a mess, you can use mq and warp everywhere, every day and never get suspended. You can also not use any 3rd party and get randomly suspended cause someone next to you warped (happen to my raid once) and was reported. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

If you use MQ, just try to be discrete and you should be fine. Seq is safe to use, mostly useful for pulling and not having to camp check.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
EQ anti cheat is a mess, you can use mq and warp everywhere, every day and never get suspended. You can also not use any 3rd party and get randomly suspended cause someone next to you warped (happen to my raid once) and was reported. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

If you use MQ, just try to be discrete and you should be fine. Seq is safe to use, mostly useful for pulling and not having to camp check.
Like most things in life... don't be a fucking idiot, and you'll be fine. Although that's asking a lot from the TLP community, myself included. Lol

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
where would someone even get a mq that works on tlps? (coughDMmePLZCough)

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I always liked using seq as a tank because it gave me a bird's eye view of what mobs the raid pullers had coming in and how many and from where.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is playing with SEQ and MQ2 a pre requisite these days? Or at least SEQ? I haven't played a TLP since like 2016 or 2017 at the latest. I used SEQ and MQ2 a lot way back in the day, but I'm super rusty and am not sure I care enough to get them going again. So to box you need another pc/laptop? Until what expansion?

How do picks work these days? Are they exploitable? Are they well managed (i.e. they spin up new pick at 20 players in lguk instead of 50?)

Basically what are the big things that have changed in the last 8 or so years of TLPs that someone coming back would want to know? Are the Chinese botters as bad as some people say?

Not as many people actually use those things as what others have said, certainly not "everyone and their brother". You don't need them to compete either. Having a good knowledge of zone layouts and spawn times as a puller will get you by just fine without SEQ. And given the large volume of camp checks in most TLP zones, the majority aren't using those programs. Even in competitive raid situations I've never had an issue competing with people who are using MQ, outside of level 1 cleric bullshit on Selo.

Boxing on the other hand is one area where 3rd party stuff certainly does help, or something like KissAssist or whatever the 6-boxers use to run their CRPG crews. And bouncing between multiple laptops is a bit of a chore, did it for several years myself.

TLDR, you don't need third-party programs, just be good at the game

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the only time I've ever wanted seq was when asked to pull sev, talendor or gore. Since bard track is so low, it can take a bit if bad rng. Compared to if I could just look at other screen and instantly know where.

In dungeons, you get used to spawn timers, re-spawns, where everything is, so not really needed all that much.

And I don't track raid targets.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
EQ has a number of quests in it that are really, really shitty without show. You can do ghetto shit like mashing /pet attack an_ancient_jarsath and it's not great. Just knowing if your thing is up at all is such a time saver.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Hard to go without SEQ once you've started using it.

1713230200719.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hax are really useful so that you can become acclimated to playing with them and talking shit while playing with them and then being used to them to the point where you just dont even log in on patch days until new offsets drop because it'd be a horrific display of incompetence if you tried to play without them. This gives you a semi regular break from the game even if crippling autism would otherwise prevent you from ever disengaging, and breaks are important.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The most useful thing ShowEQ displays is how many other people are cheatin' sons of bitches.

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EQ has a number of quests in it that are really, really shitty without show. You can do ghetto shit like mashing /pet attack an_ancient_jarsath and it's not great. Just knowing if your thing is up at all is such a time saver.
I remember that one. Iirc I just sat at his spawn, then charmed it, then ran off so it kept warping to me to keep up, went to the far corner, where I could kill it alone and hope no one with seq was going to make it to out dps me as a bard(so everyone).

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yes, SEQ is good for general awareness. Like knowing where Talendor is when you're farming in skyfire. Or to avoid being that retard who dies trying to get to the raid.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yes, SEQ is good for general awareness. Like knowing where Talendor is when you're farming in skyfire. Or to avoid being that retard who dies trying to get to the raid.

I was that guy once, back in 2001 on my first-ever Velious raid. That was the day I discovered Velium Hounds could outrun JBoots.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone been banned or suspended on a TLP for warping? Because if nobody is getting in trouble for it then I know some people are gonna be using it and if some are using it I'm gonna fuckin use it. All the websites are different now though. I used to have a reliable place to get the plugins but now I don't know shit. I mean I'd prefer not to use any of this shit but if it's pervasive than fuck it. It's fun in its own way.

Is it easy to setup boxing on one system? Or is it a royal pain in the ass? I mean bypassing dbg's restrictions that apparently only work on dads.

Zaide Zaide If you could tell me the 3 most important things that have changed about tlps in the last 7-8 years what are they? I watch some of your videos so I'm not totally out of date, but some top 3 that someone might want to know would be great. Thank you sir. By the way the Permafrost video was great.

• 1Solidarity

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
My understanding is they easily detect stuff like warping but don't take immediate action, you just get put on a list and a few times per year they suspend a bunch of people in a "wave". Luck of the draw if you get caught up but when one goes out most "top" guilds have people who suddenly have to "move house" or "go on vactation" or some other excuse to be unable to raid for 7 days.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
My understanding is they easily detect stuff like warping but don't take immediate action, you just get put on a list and a few times per year they suspend a bunch of people in a "wave". Luck of the draw if you get caught up but when one goes out most "top" guilds have people who suddenly have to "move house" or "go on vactation" or some other excuse to be unable to raid for 7 days.
Well for many years I never got touched using warp. Got to the point we didn't even avoid warping in front of non mq2 users anymore because it meant nothing. I even used fuckin ghostkill during the worst of it and my main 3 accounts that did it didn't even get a warning. Are they better at detecting now? Anyone know firsthand knowledge of someone that has warped and been suspended, and they specifically know it was for warping? I'm fine not using it, but fml it makes a lot of shit much more tolerable these days as we are all so old and if others are using it than fuck it. But if they are indeed on top of at least warping and give people the boot, I won't use it.