EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I thought you could buy the perks with krono, they just didn't auto-renew which meant you would randomly delevel in a raid and look like a dumbass?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I thought you could buy the perks with krono, they just didn't auto-renew which meant you would randomly delevel in a raid and look like a dumbass?
How would you buy perks with a krono? There's three levels with different pricing and none of them are as much as a krono even when combined. You can't have fractions of a krono.

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don’t worry, champ. I’ll break that krono for you.

Ryoz

<Donor>
sorta - you can add the perk when you're using krono, but you also have to add a membership too. if you have a sub running it won't charge you for the memership until your krono ends, but you can just cancel it right away. once your sub ends and you need to use another krono, you need to go back in and rinse repeat to set the perk up again for another month.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just to clarify, you have to purchase Laurions Song to get the feature, correct? Base looks like it comes with 3 Persona Slots. So 35+20+35 to be completely ready on launch (two 40 slot 100% bags, and 8 Adventure 2 potions). Then, I never did it on Mischief.. but do you have to have a membership the regular way to be able to purchase the perks, or can you pop a krono and then you can purchase the perks? Though, Im not even sure all three of the perks are worth it.

I'd just get the perk that keeps you from de-leveling and the one with the minor exp bonus (just for launch on that one).

35+20+35 is probably about right for shopping. Add another 10 or so for Speed potions to have SoW on at all times. As an enchanter you won't really need much else, maybe one clarity potion to use from 5-16 or whenever Breeze is now.

Bear in mind that the haste and regen potions are affected by what level you are when you "open" them, so it's best to open them as you go. They'll be a lot better if opened at level 5 or 10 than at 1.

Not wasting Persona slots is also paramount, given that you only have 3. (I assume that 3 doesn't include your main character, so you can have 4 altogether?) Having a human character for Freeport and a wood elf for Faydwer are probably the two best "port spots" for to have Personas for, though make sure you make those characters classes that you're actually going to play at some point.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Personas wtf lol

But instead you become a

1712894837151.png

and it costs 35 dollars.

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
But once you unlock it, it's unlocked for every toon on your account. Like additional mercs and keyrings and shit.

I already said you get to turn more of your characters in to trolls. That other shit is just gravy.

• 1Solidarity

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I wish Teek had been named Shady Swashbuckler instead.
Why did they name it Teek anyway? That's the guy that gives you the daily quests in Plane of Knowledge to get belt, shoulders, and back slot items if I remember correctly. What does that have to do with a Mischief 2.0 TLP server? You can't even get to Plane of Knowledge until much later on and the gear he gives as quest rewards is catch-up gear that wont be on the server for a very, very long time.

I'm sure I am missing something there or maybe I am thinking of the wrong NPC.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Why did they name it Teek anyway? That's the guy that gives you the daily quests in Plane of Knowledge to get belt, shoulders, and back slot items if I remember correctly. What does that have to do with a Mischief 2.0 TLP server? You can't even get to Plane of Knowledge until much later on and the gear he gives as quest rewards is catch-up gear that wont be on the server for a very, very long time.

No, that's Franklin Teek.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Not super related but how there hasnt been a Felodius Sworddancer server yet annoys me. I dont care about Lore - but that fucker and Lashun Novashine are the two names ill never forget for random autism reasons

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Teek gives XP hot zones so it's a little weird that he's not being used for a fast XP server.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

TBH I wish Teek was named literally anything else. Teek has to be one of the worst TLP names, right up there with Mangler.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am just wondering if we see any movement on these rulesets. I’ve gotta assume they can tell already that Tormax is not looking great with two guilds advertising for it meanwhile Teek is going to be bananas. I feel like the player base is relatively quiet this year because Teek is still a win, but I am really worried about this login queue if we don’t get a simultaneous Teek clone launched.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
They should have a Teek clone, but it 100% needs a merger date set in stone and/or free transfer flow FROM Teek. No one wants to go to the overflow server with all the impatient people who play for 2 weeks, get bored, and leave a husk of a server behind while the healthy Teek will be at capacity for a month+ probably. HOWEVER if the server dies and healthy guilds not wanting to sit through crashes/queues on Teek just press a button to full transfer their shit over, that'd be pretty great. I think you have it one way from Teek to Server2 otherwise you'd have a bunch of people trying to escape a dead Server2 later just making the (most likely) Teek population problem greater.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel as though its unfortunate that Tormax and a login queue for Teek is so predictably bad, that people are more preoccupied with that than they should be with how lazy of a ruleset copy/paste that Teek is. Something as simple as faster exp or hot zones would make me so fucking happy. Instead of dreading leveling another character, I'd look forward to it.

• 2Like