EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Whether they get caught or not, warping sucks and warpers suck.

Also it can get an entire guild suspended if it happens in a raid setting.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'd vastly prefer TLPs with no warping and even no SEQ, but if enough people are doing it and facing no consequences ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I guess the answer is : SEQ is very pervasive, warp is not really. You sure they've banned for it now? I'd love for that to be true if so.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'd vastly prefer TLPs with no warping and even no SEQ, but if enough people are doing it and facing no consequences ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I guess the answer is : SEQ is very pervasive, warp is not really. You sure they've banned for it now? I'd love for that to be true if so.
A lot of the stuff you do will be in instances unless you're in the very top guild that does open world. Genuine long lasting open world competition hasn't really existed for some time and I'd be surprised if that changes (but you never know). That seems like the prime area for warping hijinx for the average person. There's no FTE to unduly reward warpers and most grouping situations you won't run into it if you avoid bot farmers.

I would bet my life that warpers are below 1% of the population. So what's the standard for what will allow you to be a piece of shit? You haven't played for 8 years and know nothing about the landscape but you're already focused on wanting to warp. Just be the shithead you ache to be.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Last June one of my mischief friends logged into a live server, used MQ2, and a week or two later his accounts caught a 1 week. I don't know what he used it for specifically.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Last June one of my mischief friends logged into a live server, used MQ2, and a week or two later his accounts caught a 1 week. I don't know what he used it for specifically.
That's nice to hear at least. I wonder what plugins they were using. I dunno I've just heard some horror stories catching up on everything and I don't want to bother if it's a mess. If it's just SEQ that is pervasive than that's fine.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
That's nice to hear at least. I wonder what plugins they were using. I dunno I've just heard some horror stories catching up on everything and I don't want to bother if it's a mess. If it's just SEQ that is pervasive than that's fine.
Pretty much every puller in current day raid guilds run some form of eyes. It just is what it is. At a certain point, it got pretty obvious that if you wanted to compete as a guild on a TLP server, you either accepted eyes in the sky or you lost before you even started.

That being said, the average user does not use eyes.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was one of those clueless naive normies on Mangler, which was the first TLP I really got into. A guildie once mentioned how he could tell if something was up and even what weapon it was holding. He was like, "there are ways!" making it sound all mysterious. I figured it took leet haxor skillz to cheat like that.

Then I moved to Aradune, slightly less clueless but still naive. I joined Melody of Mischief (like I said, clueless and naive lol) and the veil was lifted from my eyes. I learned all about eyes as it was essentially a guild requirement.

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was one of those clueless naive normies on Mangler, which was the first TLP I really got into. A guildie once mentioned how he could tell if something was up and even what weapon it was holding. He was like, "there are ways!" making it sound all mysterious. I figured it took leet haxor skillz to cheat like that.

Then I moved to Aradune, slightly less clueless but still naive. I joined Melody of Mischief (like I said, clueless and naive lol) and the veil was lifted from my eyes. I learned all about eyes as it was essentially a guild requirement.
Your guildie on Mangler sounds like a douchebag

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Krono accounts with no real cc trail or bag purchases have been banned for warping, but I believe "real" accounts they basically just chain 3 week suspend. Some people I know spent more time banned than not, but it was never permanent bans on their mains. They reserve those for true scumbag behavior like claiming lampposts.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I've only dealt with warpers firsthand (i.e. in a way that affected my gameplay experience in any negative way) once on TLP, and that was during the Selo competition between Faceless and Amtrak.

Other than that I've barely ever even seen it happen. All of this "I have to warp to compete if other people are doing it and not being punished" talk is mad tiresome.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've only dealt with warpers firsthand (i.e. in a way that affected my gameplay experience in any negative way) once on TLP, and that was during the Selo competition between Faceless and Amtrak.
And.. thats really the only time that it'll ever get on peoples nerves and effect them in some "type of way." Outside of that singular situation, it really just does not matter 99.9% of the time that someone warps or uses speed hacks. So really, I agree 100% about it being tiring. In a game like EQ, who gives a shit? If you do, why? Its like protesting on the fucking highway, stopping people that just want to go to work. The dude got to your LFP group in minutes, and you never had to go pick him up at the entrance. Im not making it all rainbows and butterflies as I'd rather it all be an even playing field too, but lets not be hyperbolic about how its ruining the game.

With the size of team that EQ has, I'd much rather them focus on fixing the DUPES that have ruined the game WAY WAY worse than anything MQ and its variants have ever done. With Suineg releasing all the details about the platinum dupe, I can fully think back to early Mischief and how quickly the krono rose in price after just a couple weeks. We saw the same people buying up all the loot on the raids with platinum, and then listing those same items in EC for Krono. Paying people splits in platinum so they can continue that whole system. Fast forward a bit, and Zaides getting out of that situation and starting Faceless again. All the officers at least knew "somebody" was duping platinum at that point. Everyone that joined Zaide, we're all content with DKP over GDKP just simply because of that experience. Makes me feel sorry for the people that were truly loyal to GIG while all that was going down. They were just getting used/fleeced with rampant inflation caused by the very same people that were duping.

Thats the type of shit that should make people angry. Not some dickhead warping his alt around.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
And.. thats really the only time that it'll ever get on peoples nerves and effect them in some "type of way." Outside of that singular situation, it really just does not matter 99.9% of the time that someone warps or uses speed hacks. So really, I agree 100% about it being tiring. In a game like EQ, who gives a shit? If you do, why? Its like protesting on the fucking highway, stopping people that just want to go to work. The dude got to your LFP group in minutes, and you never had to go pick him up at the entrance. Im not making it all rainbows and butterflies as I'd rather it all be an even playing field too, but lets not be hyperbolic about how its ruining the game.

In general, yes. BUT

Raiding where a couple people are flagrantly cheating (warping, far taunting, speed hacking at all times, whatever the infinite range /corpse thing is called, etc) to get through the content faster has a strongly detrimental impact on my enjoyment. When two groups of cheaters come in to conflict over a target I'd rather do anything else than sit there and see if we can fartaunt spam Aten 100 times a second to keep her in place while another guild tries to far taunt her out of her room 100 times a second so she resets after basically everyone on both sides warped there to begin with. The more cheating is just something everyone does the more it bleeds in to all aspects of the game and the less you're actually playing EQ. All of that shit needs to get pushed back in to the fucking closet.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I don't know anyone who warps, but I do know a mage who can jump really high in Vex Thal.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
It was telling one raid on Aradune with Atabishi we'd get CoTH'd onto a large ledge high above one of the bosses, may have been Mini Aten but was a while ago. Anyway he was explaining to the guild members in voice at the time that the boss was totally capable of G Fluxxing people up onto that ledge, suspiciously never claimed that was how the Mage actually got up there, just that it was possible.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I've seen someone legitimately get up to most every Vex Thal COTH spot. He was streaming it to teach some other people how to do it. I'm sure a lot of people don't do it legit but at least the spots my Mangler guild used could be gotten to through normal exploitation, heh.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well for many years I never got touched using warp. Got to the point we didn't even avoid warping in front of non mq2 users anymore because it meant nothing. I even used fuckin ghostkill during the worst of it and my main 3 accounts that did it didn't even get a warning. Are they better at detecting now? Anyone know firsthand knowledge of someone that has warped and been suspended, and they specifically know it was for warping? I'm fine not using it, but fml it makes a lot of shit much more tolerable these days as we are all so old and if others are using it than fuck it. But if they are indeed on top of at least warping and give people the boot, I won't use it.
Just use it. Let us know the results.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Just use it. Let us know the results.
I've never used anything whatsoever on the 2-3 tlps I've played. The shit I used was on live. And a lot of people have dirty hands on live. I merely stated that as a point because if nothing happened back then and I'm reading horror storries now I wanted to know what the current landscape would be since that stuff was still pretty underground when I used it around the time of Frostcrypt, whenever that was. I only imagine it is way more popular now.

Lol if people remember the group I got to play on FV with a progression mindset that had over 100 foh forum people join I wanted nobody to use any cheats or hacks at all since we were going to progress normally and only use in era gear until we beat that era and people went nutso, saying I was a fascist or some shit for wanting nobody to use cheats. Like nobody could control themselves and everyone cheated, including warps. That is what led me to that shit in the first place.

I'm happy to hear the landscape is not such that you feel like a fucktard for not going full degen with hax and that you can just enjoy the game without everyone around you playing a different game. People can virtue signal all day and act like you shouldn't let others cheating affect you, but it just does. I merely wanted to know the temperature to know what game everyone is playing. It's fucky if you're playing one game and everyone else is playing another. If it's only a small portion? Than good, yea, you can mostly ignore it, and I'll do that.