EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why wouldn't you want a passive 500 bucks a week for no work doing the first few months of a TLP?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Why wouldn't you want a passive 500 bucks a week for no work doing the first few months of a TLP?
No work? Sure, tell yourself you're having fun and not just working a second job if your main goal is to farm krono.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

forehead

Trakanon Raider
With Kunark at release, how is the leveling path going to change? Is Kurns the place to be until 20? What else is good past that?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
With Kunark at release, how is the leveling path going to change? Is Kurns the place to be until 20? What else is good past that?
Unsurprisingly, the low levels dont really change all that much. Other Classic zones with higher ZEM's will shave multiple hours off of your leveling path. BUT - if you're not racing to 60, then it doesnt much matter where you go as long as your group is having fun. It's partly why I wished they would have added hot zones for Teek. Droga, Nurga, Veksar, Kurns, Dalnir, - all of those barely get any use other than high levels trying to raise faction or complete quests. CoM, and HS are used, but sparingly. OS and Chardok hog the spotlight for Kunark.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Veksar doesnt open till LDON

LOIO to FM to OT to DL can be a pretty fast 24 to 40 that wont have a ton of people

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Going to be a rough relearning all those ancient xp spots. Probably just toss a dice on whether I do gnomes or erudites for mag/enc/wiz. Get lined up to share cultural armor when it's useful.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Not going to change the "optimal" path a lot. Can do FoB/Kurns until the mid to high teens, but then the OG path is still going to be best until low to mid 40's, Unrest, SolA/B, Guk, but instead of having to do OOT gobs until the hole is open you can go to KC or Chardok. Chardok will still be the xp place to go from 45-60 Seb will be lower xp but more spells.

If you really want to do mid level kunark dungeons you can but I don't expect them to be as good, full of complete healers and sowed mobs, need an on the ball group.

DickTrickle

Lower Kaesora would be good after you get past the spiders and get to the undead. Droga/Nurga are pretty easy, but the mob density is not great. I'm sure it would not be the most optimal but I think you could construct a viable path that isn't too far behind. I guess the early to mid-20s could be a problem. Dalnir maybe but that might be too rough for a leveling grind.

I don't think any overland option is going to be that good.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just got off the phone with Ngreth, in order to reward players for exploring other areas they are going to reduce XP and loot drops in a zone by 10% for every pick that is currently spawned for that zone while doubling XP/loot for zones with no picks and increasing loot/xp by 50% for zones with one pick.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

I just got off the phone with Ngreth, in order to reward players for exploring other areas they are going to reduce XP and loot drops in a zone by 10% for every pick that is currently spawned for that zone while doubling XP/loot for zones with no picks and increasing loot/xp by 50% for zones with one pick.
That sounded ridiculous until I called up JChan and she confirmed.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

If you're a shitter (i.e. you're not in a premade) you can go hang out in open world Kunark zones and mow down the wildlife rather than squabble for spots in dungeons. Basically any group comp can genocide wildlife in OT or DL or whatever which is nice. If you're slicker than snot you can get in to Chardok or Seb in the 40s but none of the other Kunark dungeons are better than their level equivalent in Classic plus you have to get people there and most have exits somewhere other than their entrance. Upper Guk, Lower Guk, Sol A, Sol B are just so much easier to get to and everyone's familiar with them than trecking across the world to kill in CoM, Kaesora or Dalnir.

It would be cool to see experts take their groups in to the other zones but those kinds of strats rarely pay out. The levels kind of work to do Lake of Ill Omen until everyone has the VP key piece before going to Kaesora until everyone has the ground spawn to FV until everyone has the AJ drop. I could believe Dalnir is better than it appears. City of Mist rares might have really good shit for people leveling in the buff. Going through each zone and carefully checking rares for commonality and loot table might really pay out for particular classes/comps.

But it's more likely at launch everyone goes Classic - Seb/Chardok.

DickTrickle

City of Mist would be a pretty hard zone for anyone leveling while poorly geared, I'm pretty sure. Mobs hit like trucks and the aggro radius is pretty significant plus it no longer has the broken XP bonus.

The archaeologist quest pieces result in some pretty good items and can sell for a bit. Some are as good or better than VP drops.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The nice part of City of Mist is how much of it has none hit points plus you can charm an out of era Mist Reaver and just farm the place. Until charm breaks and her murders your Enchanter but after that it's right back to farming.

DickTrickle

The nice part of City of Mist is how much of it has none hit points plus you can charm an out of era Mist Reaver and just farm the place. Until charm breaks and her murders your Enchanter but after that it's right back to farming.
Can't charm named mobs anymore, though.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Can't charm named mobs anymore, though.

1713821487791.jpeg

Mist Reaver is part of a couple of the Kunark Archaelogist quests and is not flagged as a rare mob thus continues to be charmable. Mighty Golem is the rare one.

• 2Like