EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I don't know why they can't just balance the zems out and make more zones better. Just bump every zone up to a decent level imo. Who gives a fuck if an easier outdoor zone has a high zem. It's fun. Was it something like, they can't do it because it affects every server or some bullshit? Even that excuse is dumb nowadays.
We in the Enchanter's Lobby push to keep the dungeon ZEM artificially high to increase demand for our services.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm not sure what the "rare" situation in Dalnir is but the trash can drop some pretty useful items. I could see groups being really happy with the weapon upgrades at that level bracket.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, they are charging for the reservation? ........../laugh

I guess it really is a thank you for your loyal service of giving them money

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1713986261238.png

Kunark start coming with three months of Kunark is pretty rough.

edit - name reservation doesn't look like it adds up all characters you've played with that name. The requirements go down over time of course but 200 is a lot on a single char for the TLP recycler crowd. The DBC cost is kinda whatever. You get 500 a month and this looks to just be a mechanism to eat that if you popped a krono for a name reserve and nothing else. It's a little trashy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
View attachment 526156

Kunark start coming with three months of Kunark is pretty rough.

edit - name reservation doesn't look like it adds up all characters you've played with that name. The requirements go down over time of course but 200 is a lot on a single char for the TLP recycler crowd. The DBC cost is kinda whatever. You get 500 a month and this looks to just be a mechanism to eat that if you popped a krono for a name reserve and nothing else. It's a little trashy.
I don't think it's that bad. One month of classic doing Sky + two months of Kunark vs three months of Kunark with an easy Sky. Now, if you're saying it should just be two months, I could see that too.

I'm pretty sure DBG's operating mantra is "It's a little trashy."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'd rather have one month of classic and two months of Kunark than a Kunark start but if there's a Kunark start I sure as fuck don't to be there for three months. This also has the same "three months in PoP, one more month with LDoN" shit that I absolutely dread.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
499 DBC to reserve your name is fucking hilarious.

The only people going to do this are the high profile players that know their names get sniped every TLP.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Bonus loot has to be with random loot, mobs need to drop something off their regular loot + extra, or it would be pretty unplayable with 100 percent random loot and no bonus.

Xevy

Log Wizard
499 DBC to reserve your name is fucking hilarious.

The only people going to do this are the high profile players that know their names get sniped every TLP.
Pretty much why they're doing this. Also that 500 DBC is basically moot because if you have an active account you're getting 500 DBG a month anyways. Just don't get the shitty exp pots.

It's for the Zaides, Atabishi's, Bobby's, etc who have had their name sniped a billion times from people just griefing. Though sometimes funny, it is also shitty. As for everyone else, no one needs to pay to get their name of their alt cleric they played on Agnarr or some shit that no one cares about. Jermorgahhr or Dartullin or whatever fantasy shit ass name you have is probably safe. If you wanna be THE uncreative retard who gets Drizzt or Legolas, well pony up, bitch!

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played EQ as a child - Im in my late 30's, old man.

Besides, your same logic works against itself in the same breath. Ive done this shit 10 times before, why the fuck would I go anywhere but the best options?
Some of us are still mid 30s ya geezer

• 1Worf

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Pretty much why they're doing this. Also that 500 DBC is basically moot because if you have an active account you're getting 500 DBG a month anyways. Just don't get the shitty exp pots.

It's for the Zaides, Atabishi's, Bobby's, etc who have had their name sniped a billion times from people just griefing. Though sometimes funny, it is also shitty. As for everyone else, no one needs to pay to get their name of their alt cleric they played on Agnarr or some shit that no one cares about. Jermorgahhr or Dartullin or whatever fantasy shit ass name you have is probably safe. If you wanna be THE uncreative retard who gets Drizzt or Legolas, well pony up, bitch!
Yeah I couldn't care less if I had to come up with a whole new name for the server, but I can see the high profile players wanting to be the name that everybody knows them as.

In all reality, I probably will do it, but only because I will want to put it in a twitch/youtube video for views. But, honestly, I couldn't care less if my character name was Bigdickdong, Sallyfuckaho, or adfadfasdfasldfkj. It's just a character name. Everybody ends up talking in Discord and is like "oh you're xyz this time". They don't just not know you because you didn't get your usual character name.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Not adding up the time on the servers is fine as long as you are on top of the unlock schedule. It still prevents snipes unless someone spent a lot of time burning /played. You'll still be the most /played person on that account if you're willing to spend $ on a reservation.

If it aggregated across servers god only knows the maladjusted shit people would do to get that /played up across servers.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Bonus loot has to be with random loot, mobs need to drop something off their regular loot + extra, or it would be pretty unplayable with 100 percent random loot and no bonus.
They don’t drop their regular loot + extra. They roll 2-3 random tables from their tier of mobs. The only guaranteed items are usually quest flagged items.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
if you're willing to spend $ on a reservation.

You bring up a good point. There is a small group of people that, each launch, try and lock up as many names as possible for no greater reason than it amuses them.

1713994852163.png

Even if someone decides to level up a character they are name squatting with and leave them online long enough to at least get the 10 day there's still a fee on top.