EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think there is something that allows UI elements to scale. That was the thing they were working on last year with the "new UI" thing.

Back when I tried it there were always bits that didn't scale though. And of course for the chat window you can /chatfontsize 8 or whatever.

Anyone know if they finished converting all the gumps to the new UI?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
View attachment 526242
New computer, in windowed mode everything is microscopic and barely-readable... fullscreen fixes it at least but I'd like the option of windowed. Changing the resolution seems to do nothing. Never had this issue before, anyone know a fix?

View attachment 526243
Well hey that's pretty cool.

Had the account since some point in 1999 but I assume the "total time" is just subbed time and that's why it's not 25 years. That said, I've definitely been unsubbed for more than 3 years over that time. Late 2001 to late 2004 alone is 3 years, plus several in the last decade, and the last two years... well, IDK.

I think that since it went FTP that has changed the entitled counter. Like it counted sub time only till FTP then it’s flagged since. I didn’t play from 2004 until 2020 and I still have like 15 years

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I play in Windowed on 4k and it's gotten better. I think it's something to do with keeping the resolution low but then maximizing the window. I only ever dealt with it on a fresh install and I don't really remember. The new UI shit is only patchwork what is supported and doesn't help much, but it I'm guessing that's a goal.

For Vaniki rewarks, Aeth often runs community runs for things like Yeli, CT, etc. You can get notified from his youtube https://www.youtube.com/@Aethplayseverquest or in his discord. Otherwise, normally people sell them for like 1kr each. Some of the claims (like titles) are infinite, but the useful ones are claimable once per time you've completed it.

For example, if you get the achievement for killing Yeli on your bard, you can claim the WW trinket once on any character on any server. After that though, you can't 're-earn' the claim with your bard, you will need another character to complete the achievement. Since you only have to be in the raid group and of the correct level, it's usually enough to have a level 1 sitting in PoK and get invited to the raid prior to the completion of the achievement. Roll a level 1, join Aeth's raid and get the achievement, then you have another claim, etc.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
All Required level gear has it's Required level replaced with recommend level. So you can wear level 100 gear like Zealator's Ambition at level 50 and it will only give 218 damage instead of 435. It's comically overpowered and all the raids below like level 85 are soloable now, unless they have fight specific mechanics like Vish that prevent that sort of thing.

I think all the Raid currency ones are disabled still.

Pretty sure it's repeatable on a different toon.

IIRC achievements are account-wide, so switching characters and doing the same Vaniki achievement again won't give you a second claim AFAIK. I mean, if that worked, that would be awesome. Would have been great if they gave you like 5 of the "cool toy" /claims from Vaniki. Having a one-time-ever use fun item like an Emperor Ssra pet is kind of depressing when you no longer play on the server you used it on...

For example, if you get the achievement for killing Yeli on your bard, you can claim the WW trinket once on any character on any server. After that though, you can't 're-earn' the claim with your bard, you will need another character to complete the achievement. Since you only have to be in the raid group and of the correct level, it's usually enough to have a level 1 sitting in PoK and get invited to the raid prior to the completion of the achievement. Roll a level 1, join Aeth's raid and get the achievement, then you have another claim, etc.

Level 1 in PoK works? That's good news, makes these a lot easier to get. Are you sure you can re-get a claim on another character on the same account though?

Aeth's channel is good shit, nice to see Vaniki still getting attention.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Achieves are character not account. Can absolutely make a fresh level one and get more claims.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Achieves are character not account. Can absolutely make a fresh level one and get more claims.

That's super nice, good to know. Not sure why I thought they were across-account. Were they account-wide at some point in the past? Or maybe my brain garbled it with personas.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Don't buy Vaniki chieves for Krono IMO. There are plenty of people running them for free, Aeth as mentioned above, otherwise just join a decent guild discord (or a few) and most will have people running them and letting people tag along.

Or level up a box crew and do it yourself, 2 krono gets you mega twinked but you don't have to spend that. Can use your loyalty points to buy bags of plat or other currency like Brells tokens and buy twink gear that way.

I got a honed wurmslayer for free just by hanging a level one in the zone for a couple of hours till one of the turn in items was rotting, looted it and turned in, boom, honed wurmslayer on a level 1.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Think there's a guy who does all of it weekly for like 1kr per person or 2kr for 3 people and you can just sit in raid at level 1. I know of Aeth, but think this is another guy. Most of my Teek guild has been logging on to join these raids, but have now begun to level alts and run the raids themselves.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its a fun server to mess around on, especially the low levels, because of the rec instead of req on all the gear. The twinking you can do is hilarious if you have the plat/kr to spend.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Can you still cheese fights with mercs? I think how it worked was you bannered in with your merc and they wouldn't despawn?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The one video I watched the guys 2 merc's did all the work while he sat out of LoS. this was for naggy.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is all pretty fascinating. Trying to decide if I want to drop 2 krono to sub my old box accounts and 2 more krono to get all 3 accts flagged with cheevos (my main one has half of them, others have maybe 2 or 3). Or just twink my 60 char to the moon and go level up / solo shit which would be fun and probably a nice challenge.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
It’s way more fun to super twink and kill the crap yourself on vaniki.

Buy a conflagrant 2 hander with a lifetap proc for 1/10th a krono, slap it on a SK and make whatever else you want to drag along and go on a rampage.

I guarantee that anyone who gears out level 1s on vaniki will have fun achievement chasing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It’s way more fun to super twink and kill the crap yourself on vaniki.

Buy a conflagrant 2 hander with a lifetap proc for 1/10th a krono, slap it on a SK and make whatever else you want to drag along and go on a rampage.

I guarantee that anyone who gears out level 1s on vaniki will have fun achievement chasing.

Sounds like Vaniki quietly became the "playground server" while most of us moved on. This is awesome. I'm gonna twink out and see what I can pull off.

I'm guessing the damage caps are still in place under level 20, so a low-level character with a Conflagrant weapon is still only going to hit for the damage cap (20ish?). Then if there are no further caps, at 20 you'd be able to go on an absolute rampage

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sounds like Vaniki quietly became the "playground server" while most of us moved on. This is awesome. I'm gonna twink out and see what I can pull off.

Twinked out it's like turning the 1 to 60 game in to an ARPG. You fight packs of things.

• 1Mother of God

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Didn't the achievements only work if the mobs were done in open world, not an instance? And if so, is the hardest part just finding them up to begin with? ...or was it the opposite, they only worked in instance? I vaguely remember that being the case because OW CBQ would have been much more doable in-era.

Surprised I'm so hazy about all of this since I did it for months, I blame this COVID.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Didn't the achievements only work if the mobs were done in open world, not an instance? And if so, is the hardest part just finding them up to begin with? ...or was it the opposite, they only worked in instance? I vaguely remember that being the case because OW CBQ would have been much more doable in-era.

Surprised I'm so hazy about all of this since I did it for months, I blame this COVID.

You can only get the achievement in an instance and no one in the raid can be higher level than the max.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The weapon procs for almost everything work for full value at level 1.

It's absurd how OP it is. Especially if you buy some slots with AA clicks that work at level 1 like a 100+ damage shield and 90 +hp/mana regen.

Leveling path changes to Crescent Reach 1-18 killing whatever reds keep giving full exp cap per kill. Then move 1 zone over to blightfire and go right to BEEEEEEEES until 30ish. Then go to velks and 1 shot spiders with your axe procs and laugh at how fucking dumb this whole game is.

This takes about 2 hours to do 1-40 by yourself with an axe.

Enjoy!

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hotzones exist and you can go ask Teek (callback) in PoK what the one for your level is. They're not always great but it's something to keep in mind while your blasting to 51 so you can three-man Yelinak.