EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
How long do these "temporary block" things last?

Was fighting fabled gorenaire but got warped to 0/0 a few times when feared, pulled her to that spot so it stopped, but 10 mins later, DC'd and can't log back on. Fuck this company

Get used to this its going to be happening on Teek a ton to people.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
The best puller is whoever knows the zone the best and is not currently eating a sandwich.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dru/clr/shm are hands down best pullers for a 1-50/60 grind, IMO, but nobody lets them. Enc is my #4 and also not gonna be allowed.

So, the best puller is often whoever is the least useful at mob killing so they can go fuck off and find more mobs for the real classes to kill.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Is DayBreak planning to do 100WR bag sales? Lysa is not available in store as i already claimed it in another TLP.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

^ He's right about people typecasting certain classes for pulling that don't actually make sense, not in these early eras.
This whole video is mostly just about the prevalence of laziness.

Pulling requires about 5000% more effort and attention than every other role in the group. When you're chain pulling for hours you start to feel like you're the only fucking person at the pc and you're being taken advantage of. It's exhausting. Nothing worse than when a group just puts the pulling on one person and doesn't help pull for hours and hours. You are just chain pulling one after another after another for hours and you see these fuckers just blasting from full mana to oom to afk and back. Mother fuckers.

I have some bitter resentment I forgot I still had... I'm never doing that shit again. I don't care what class I am, if I'm in a blasting group we better be rotating who is pulling. The best groups I remember in original EQ were me chain pulling with a puller assist. I was Druid Classic-Kunark and Bard Kunark-early PoP and Shaman from late late PoP to DoN so I was basically always pulling.

This video actually is the closest thing I've had to make me decide not to play after all. I forgot how lazy EQ players are.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've always enjoyed pulling, personally. Probably my favorite part of the game. If your group comp isn't dogshit, a good puller probably has a higher impact on the group's XP rate then anything else. It's also super active. Being a passenger is sort of a snoozer.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The weapon procs for almost everything work for full value at level 1.

It's absurd how OP it is. Especially if you buy some slots with AA clicks that work at level 1 like a 100+ damage shield and 90 +hp/mana regen.

Leveling path changes to Crescent Reach 1-18 killing whatever reds keep giving full exp cap per kill. Then move 1 zone over to blightfire and go right to BEEEEEEEES until 30ish.

nicolas cage bees GIF

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
This whole video is mostly just about the prevalence of laziness.

Pulling requires about 5000% more effort and attention than every other role in the group. When you're chain pulling for hours you start to feel like you're the only fucking person at the pc and you're being taken advantage of. It's exhausting. Nothing worse than when a group just puts the pulling on one person and doesn't help pull for hours and hours. You are just chain pulling one after another after another for hours and you see these fuckers just blasting from full mana to oom to afk and back. Mother fuckers.

I have some bitter resentment I forgot I still had... I'm never doing that shit again. I don't care what class I am, if I'm in a blasting group we better be rotating who is pulling. The best groups I remember in original EQ were me chain pulling with a puller assist. I was Druid Classic-Kunark and Bard Kunark-early PoP and Shaman from late late PoP to DoN so I was basically always pulling.

This video actually is the closest thing I've had to make me decide not to play after all. I forgot how lazy EQ players are.
Been pulling for 20years, ain't gonna stop anytime soon.

Exp is only as fast as you can bring mobs in, and respawn.

Don't worry about what others are doing and just grinder shit. Everquest doesn't change and that's how it be.

Pretty easy to get a rep as a good puller if you know the zones, pathing, aggro mechanics, and how to abuse server ticks.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've always enjoyed pulling, personally. Probably my favorite part of the game. If your group comp isn't dogshit, a good puller probably has a higher impact on the group's XP rate then anything else. It's also super active. Being a passenger is sort of a snoozer.
I feel the same way, actually. I think pulling makes the time go by quicker, so Im all for it.

But I do get/understand his hate when you think someone is AFK all the fucking time. Be part of the conversation or something. Complain about my pulling. Whatever floats your boat as long as you're active within the group. Was talking about it in Faceless' Wizard chat? Or Magician chat? One or the other, but the conversation was about how Wizards did fairly good DPS that rivals others leading classes if its played by a knowledgable person. Its just, back in the classic days, you didnt have mana bars so you had no fucking clue if they were afk or not and I think thats what drove most of the distaste for Wizards, not their DPS. On Fennin Ro, we had the HEDS "High Elf Death Squad" and we knew they were laying down the bombs in Velious.

I think Rajaah Rajaah posted that video, pointing out the puller section, because both of the classes Ill be playing on launch were suggested pullers. :trump: Bro, its fine. Ill help pull anytime.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Wizard that's always going afk to smoke or the Magician that doesn't send their pet in until the mob is half dead are annoying but if you really want to piss yourself off start logging how many buttons people press on raids on the boxes they're always dragging around with them. You'll start spotting shit like multiple Shaman boxes that cast one or two spells per hour.

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Agree with most of his points but EQ was designed to be played 1st person IMO

Agreed, but I also think an ability to mousewheel in and out to third-person is important. Allows you to look around without actually turning your character, so your character can keep attacking while you check to see if any pumas are approaching. Even a lowbie group in the Freeport area can actually wipe to a convergence of pumas if nobody is paying attention.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dru/clr/shm are hands down best pullers for a 1-50/60 grind, IMO, but nobody lets them. Enc is my #4 and also not gonna be allowed.

So, the best puller is often whoever is the least useful at mob killing so they can go fuck off and find more mobs for the real classes to kill.

As a tank, if there are monks in group, I'm more likely to be pulling than them in low-era expansions. Have a charm pet tanking and if things are locked down / there's no real threat to the casters on a break, I'll be out chain-pulling so the monks can continuously DPS. Park something next to what they're fighting already, new thing is locked on me, start whacking the previous mob if it isn't already downed. The biggest challenge is having the timing to not bring something too early or too late, which requires knowing the group's rate of downing mobs (and on the group's end, having that rate be consistent).

Two charm pets is different, as under those circumstances there's more chance of things going south and me needing to be there to distract a mob.

In most cases the group loses a lot less DPS from me running off for the last 50% of a fight than it does if the monk does.

A few classes I like for pulls are ranger, druid, or enchanter if they're good enough to manage that and their pet in camp.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Agreed, but I also think an ability to mousewheel in and out to third-person is important. Allows you to look around without actually turning your character, so your character can keep attacking while you check to see if any pumas are approaching. Even a lowbie group in the Freeport area can actually wipe to a convergence of pumas if nobody is paying attention.
Meh.

If it wasn’t part of the client before Gates of Discord came out then it doesn’t belong on these nostalgia servers IMO but I know most people prefer it

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You should have to play on a 1024x768 resolution, too. Everything about the old ways was perfect so it must all remain intact.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, P99 exists for these exact reasons. We don't need two P99's. Let progress exist where it does.