EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Elaida

Trakanon Raider
One of the smaller consequences of cheating or playing with people that are habitual cheaters is that after a while it becomes the default lens to view events. If the dude was pre-bound in the proper location than all he needed to do was pick over and pop a Vial of Swirling Smoke and he'd be there instantly. Did he cheat? Given the climate on Oakwyn it's more likely he cheated than he didn't cheat but he didn't have to cheat to accomplish the same thing. Jacking long respawn quest mobs (or VP key pieces before the ground shit got changed) spawned from fresh pickzones is certainly dickish in its own right but that's just how it goes. It's hard to tell from the clip but it looks like someone from RI is too slow to do the turn in but still fast enough to get aggro first and thus the Oakwynd FTE lock? The Angry turn in guy spawns aggressive doesn't he? Getting that tag post turn in is speedy. Slower loading on the pick explains things as well as blowing an expensive consumable. Gate's five seconds. If the other guy warped there that's more than enough time to turn in plus get aggro and stop that ridiculous kite from ever happening.

The more interesting part of the story is that RI was willing to spend a half hour fighting over it, make a video of the whole thing and get like 15 people a vacation for engaging in an activity they 100% knew was directly against the rules - fucking with a turn-in mob so long it goes FFA and jacking the quest loot.
All fair points. I think the reason we kept it going was because of the fucking manpower put in to get a pick zone in the first place.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elaida

Trakanon Raider
RI usually plays on servers with very little actual competition and still goes balls-deep with their sweatiness. I'm kind of impressed. It'll be interesting to see how they do against major competition.

Donald Trump Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
ignore. cats and keyboards.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Does Ogre stun resistance continue to work if you change form to Dark Elf, or does DE form cancel it out?

My brain tells me the former, because IIRC as an enchanter, changing into an Ogre didn't give me stun resist. If it did, chanters would be Ogres all the time. Also I should know this since I've done all this before multiple times. I'm old and tired and have forgotten a ton of shit in the past two years.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Does Ogre stun resistance continue to work if you change form to Dark Elf, or does DE form cancel it out?

My brain tells me the former, because IIRC as an enchanter, changing into an Ogre didn't give me stun resist. If it did, chanters would be Ogres all the time. Also I should know this since I've done all this before multiple times. I'm old and tired and have forgotten a ton of shit in the past two years.
I'm not sure. The forums say that Ogre---> DE keeps stun resist, but loses spell stun resist and bash/slam. DE--->Ogre doesn't get anything except I BELIEVE level skill lvl 1 slam.

I'm fairly certain they're wrong though as on Mangler I had to use a DE mask in Lguk to pull as an Ogre SK and I got stunned for sure. I don't know if it was a weird stun from ghoul root or what, but I'm pretty sure DE form nullifies FSR.

TheRealmOnline

Golden Squire

Illusion cancels the frontal stun. Double shrink for raids for sure. DE works well enough for groups. Never made any sense but they ain't gonna change it now.

Elaida

Trakanon Raider
Nothing personal bro. Bunch of people I like in both guilds.
youre a bro. its not personal. I meant literally...ignore... my cat walked across my keyboard. On that topic tho... Myself, Thraka, Drillisen, a few others playing there, and it can't be said we dodged competition. End of the day we just want to have a good time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Elaida

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure. The forums say that Ogre---> DE keeps stun resist, but loses spell stun resist and bash/slam. DE--->Ogre doesn't get anything except I BELIEVE level skill lvl 1 slam.

I'm fairly certain they're wrong though as on Mangler I had to use a DE mask in Lguk to pull as an Ogre SK and I got stunned for sure. I don't know if it was a weird stun from ghoul root or what, but I'm pretty sure DE form nullifies FSR.
this 1000 times. I thought the current form removes buffs from your natural one in most cases. maybe I'm old and losing it. I mean that's probable actually.

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Can someone please link Teek's official discord server? or DM? Would appreciate it

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
this 1000 times. I thought the current form removes buffs from your natural one in most cases. maybe I'm old and losing it. I mean that's probable actually.

I'm definitely old and losing it, given how many EQ things I'm drawing a blank on even though I've done them a bunch of times. The last 18 months of not playing seems to have coincided with a fair amount of EQ memory loss where I keep having to look things up that I've done ten times. And yeah, the guys you named are all bosses. I don't think anyone's ducking competition intentionally, but I don't think RI has had much on these TLPs either.

View attachment 529585

That'll be interesting.

This is huge news. Well, it's good that I didn't make that krono bet with Zaide Zaide after all!

Bards are gonna be way more viable, as well as hybrids in general, with the mana regen. Tanks having 400 more HP from the gear is also going to be a big deal, even if the content is super easy now. Still wondering why people are saying FT5 though, as AFAIK you can only get up to FT4 if you buy four regen augs and put them in the four gear slots. Unless there's a fifth gear slot that I missed when I ran all of these, or people are counting base regen in with the number.

I'm surprised they're allowing it but at least they're doing so intentionally instead of accidentally.

Yep, now we (probably) won't have rollbacks a week into the server where everyone logs in and has four missing gear slots.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm surprised they're allowing it but at least they're doing so intentionally instead of accidentally.

It's possible they did it intentionally as someone high up wants their anniversary content available on every server. It's also possible that they failed to flag it in time and its too late now so just leave it.

Torok

Trakanon Raider
It's obviously "timeless" and surpasses TLP boundaries and any such restrictions!

• 1Worf