EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Still run into them. I ran into them on Mischief a lot. They would just sperg out if I said something. "Hey, this is the entrance to TOV and you should be safe but we're going to start pulling while we wait. Might want to get up by the wall instead of right here since we dont have a Monk to split, yet." <Insert the rage reply of 50 year old dude with the mental capacity of a 12 year old>
Lol that's a pretty good example. Some of these people are extremely bizarre. Like reading some of the Tormax posts on the official forums is ... interesting. People that have never had any social life or social experience whatsoever. I can't even picture them. Like, what was/is their job? Did they just stay on unemployment for 30 years? Or are they autistic? The social skills is interesting. Because nobody that was old enough to play EQ was able to avoid learning social skills like zoomers are these days. So how are these old fucks so socially inept?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You're right, the single-stat ones are type 7. Nice. There's also one for shields. Here are the 3 that are worth getting, IMO:

View attachment 529693
The type 25 isn't lore, so we can get four of those for the four pieces of gear.

However the others are "lore equipped" which I assume means you can only equip one of each. The shield is worth getting for shield-users, and one of the int aug for anyone with spells. However the rest of the type 7's are just kinda...bad. There's one for every stat (I think) so aside from the caster stats you can get one for sta, agi, and dex if those benefit your class.

Would be awesome if the type 7's weren't lore (which I thought they weren't for a second there) because you could load up on your main stat.
The level 85 versions are fucking baller. Well worth farming up enough credits to be ready for SoD. They were still excellent in HoT.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I have interacted with the troglodytes you speak of over the years. The common theme seems to be disability income.

If you have decided on that life path, then it would make sense to play something like WoW or EQ. Unless you’re really into hunting or fishing, what else are you going to do all day? Just like it makes sense that slot machines are filled with old people and gov leeches.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I have interacted with the troglodytes you speak of over the years. The common theme seems to be disability income.

If you have decided on that life path, then it would make sense to play something like WoW or EQ. Unless you’re really into hunting or fishing, what else are you going to do all day? Just like it makes sense that slot machines are filled with old people and gov leeches.
That sounds about right. And it would make sense they gravitate to EQ and WoW too. And with EQ's low playerbase, they are probably half of the population.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Maaaan i'm torn if i want to focus on a ench or necro first since iksars are unlocked from the get go. I feel like necro is just a safe bet just for farming shit, and then ultimately swap to either a bard or rogue later on once i get shit to twink out a melee character.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm also fairly sure enchanters, shaman, or necros come out ahead on coolest thing done solo.

Coolest things I've seen done solo:

Necro soloing raid mobs in Yxxta (at 65, so in-era, IIRC, but it might have been 70). Shaman soloing raid mobs in Western Wastes at 60 with Torpor.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I solo'd Faydedar as a level 93 beastlord with my cleric merc. Can't believe anyone would ever find this fight difficult.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Still run into them. I ran into them on Mischief a lot. They would just sperg out if I said something. "Hey, this is the entrance to TOV and you should be safe but we're going to start pulling while we wait. Might want to get up by the wall instead of right here since we dont have a Monk to split, yet." <Insert the rage reply of 50 year old dude with the mental capacity of a 12 year old>

Most memorable experience I've had with a sperg was the time on Vaniki where a 50 cleric showed up at the Frenzy camp in LGuk where I (50 SK) was camped. I was FDed in the room and in a wall so I don't think I was visible. Guy rolls up and sets up outside the room. I figured he'd leave but he didn't so I popped up and waved. No response, kept setting up. Was like "okay I guess this guy is gonna KS the camp" and got ready to deal with that. Frenzied Ghoul spawns, I pull it, guy immediately starts feverishly trying to DPS race it. I win the DPS race, no FBSS but whatever.

Guy absolutely flips the fuck out that he was there first and I just "showed up" to his camp. Considering he didn't clear a single mob and the room was empty when he got there... wow. Then the guy tries to KS me on a couple more mobs, somehow loses despite his superior nukes, then leaves and spends the next SEVERAL DAYS complaining in general chat and his guild chat about how I stole his camp. It got to the point where people I didn't know were sending me tells like "Wow this guy will not shut up about you".....for DAYS.

It's a great story though.

• 1Worf

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good impression of half the comments on Zam, lul.
Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
But Motm, random loot, shared loot buckets, changes to Keying/Flags, epics, extra rares, etc. That's all fine. But FT4 is where you draw the line.. A whole 4 mana a tick.. The horror!

If you want pure eq classic, go play p99. You can have all the tediousness you want.
Way to take a small comment and turn it in to a whole mega rant. Bravo.

• 3Salty
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Coolest things I've seen done solo:

Necro soloing raid mobs in Yxxta (at 65, so in-era, IIRC, but it might have been 70). Shaman soloing raid mobs in Western Wastes at 60 with Torpor.

I've soloed mobs that can deathtouch, have you tried getting gud?

forehead

Trakanon Raider
If it says you have been placed in the queue, that means you don't have to keep hitting "PLAY EVERQUEST!" at the server screen, right?

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've soloed mobs that can deathtouch, have you tried getting gud?

You talking to me? Didn't say anything about DTs. I know how to block 'em too.

Much as I'm enjoying Bard Bash 2024 on this thread, server is up. Go go go

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
any easy way to run laptop EQ from PC? I read about it a few weeks ago but couldn't find it with the search? Only problem may be PC is on ethernet and lapptop is wifi, that could make a difference?