EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any suggestions for a casual canp level 19 to 23 or so to get some gear and exp ?

Outdoors is good since I just root and dot sham druid.

I was pissed to spawned the named in warsilk woods to find out it's 31, stupid.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
this is the most diablo 2 boomer "screenshot" hahahaha

Reason it isn't a normal shot is because I was trying to avoid opening any browser windows and slowing the computer down, so I had to post from phone. This is the kind of thing that happens when you have 600 tabs open for some reason and didn't get around to clearing them out before server launch.

also no queue at 8pm on a bonus exp weekend??

THEY FINALLY LEARNED HOW TO RUN A SERVER?????????

Yeh, now I feel bad for being all like "they still don't know what they're doing after all these years" the day before. Turns out they did!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1-6 Steamfont
6-15 Kurns
15-32 SolA
32-40 LGuk
40-45 SolB
45-45 OOT for Hides
45-60 Chardok

We left every zone except Steamfont one level too early and suffered for it. 45 in Chardok was the worst. The shit we charmed was too low dps for the mobs we fought so the level took forever. Otherwise it was a good run.

My group also made the mistake of leaving every zone too early. We'd have a nice steady thing going and we'd move on when it slowed down, only to run into trouble at the next step up. For example we left Exe camp at 38/39 and went to Sol B which was a huge mistake and basically tied us up for a couple hours messing with mobs that took forever to take down. Then we went and got Seb keyed, only to find that Seb itself was also a bit above us. Then finally we went back to LGuk and a few levels flew by clearing Hamlord + Frenzy which we managed to keep all of down.

Main issue is that Hamlord was tied up the first go-around by the groups just ahead of us, which messed up the flow and caused us to get discombobulated looking for a backup. And of course, every zone has been overcamped into oblivion so any route plans we had became harder to maintain as time went by and more people got to those levels. Getting out in front of the herd is the way to go, but easier said than done.

We also took down a ton of Ghoul Lords and Arch Maguses, and aside from one FBSS and SMR near the beginning to get our hopes up, they had some of the worst loot I've ever seen.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Lol, if anyone wants to hop in Pick 1 of Warslik's Woods, Grachnist is right there at the ent to FoB right next to the tree. Easy pick for someone 30s.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's the stupidest spawn. Was so happy I spawned him and couldn't kill. Not good design

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
We dodged the main routes which was pretty low stress and not too super slow all things considered. Me and another guy both boxing 3 ended up 47 through last night with fairly reasonable sleep between. Route biases for druid charmable animals where it makes sense.

1-2 Paineel (great and tons of early spell loot)
3-6 Toxx
7-13 Befallen (got super unlucky with mob spawns which sort of gated the 2nd floor for us, slower than it needed to be)
14-22 in UGuk
23-26 in Cazic (great)
26 Gukbottom (disaster that wasted an hour or two)
26-32 in Cazic (again great)
33-35 in Paw (disaster - wasn't as high as I remembered, was hard to test)
35-38 Gukbottom live side fort
39-47 Karnors

Doing it again I would have just stayed in Cazic through 33, gone straight to live side fort through 38 and then Karnors. Obviously if you have a bleeding edge group where competition isn't a factor, I'd choose differently, but I was pretty amazed at how empty each spot was (other than Gukbottom at 26 which was a major mistake).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Why would I get no exp or even an exp message but still get loot on yellow mobs? Full hp, not agro anything, solo pulling.

Happened 3 times randomly in last 30 minutes but I get exp on exact same mobs most of the time.

One thing I did notice is they each lost a huge chunk of hp (banestrike?) but was no combat message for it and i have nothing filtered in combat window.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior VP | Pantheon Pals VP Recruiting
<Gold Donor>
Have used autoclicker twice now to stay at char select, no issues.

Bans are for redguides launcher and mq2.

No bans for CLEAN seq itself, anyone that says so is wrong. I'm not even using it but I've talked to enough smart people to know.
Depends on where you get your mq2 distro from. Suggest folks roll their own

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Banestrike isn't a proc anymore just a flat 2% damage.

Not sure why no exp.
Me either - it keeps happening. I logged out and back in and same thing. I get advloot message or coin but zero experience or a message. I tried dismissing pet and making a new one, same thing. I'll record it later when I get back on.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is it still a thing that Karnor destroys your faction with Overthere Outpost? Always thought that was one of the stupidest things about Kunark, basically ruling out an entire zone for certain race characters.

VP would fix the faction, at least, but in the meantime buying spells becomes a pain in the ass that I don't want to deal with.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it still a thing that Karnor destroys your faction with Overthere Outpost? Always thought that was one of the stupidest things about Kunark, basically ruling out an entire zone for certain race characters.

VP would fix the faction, at least, but in the meantime buying spells becomes a pain in the ass that I don't want to deal with.
IIRC Kaesora does the same thing

Although apparently OT outpost is super overrated because they’re all greedy merchants

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
IIRC Kaesora does the same thing

Although apparently OT outpost is super overrated because they’re all greedy merchants

Bobbing Corpse is stupidly overpriced (like 200pp) but the rest of the SK spells are pretty much in line with the normal cost progression, I think. The spell merchant is the only one I actually looked at. Might end up just buying all my 51-60 spells in advance so I don't have to worry about the faction.

Elaida

Trakanon Raider
Big grats to you guys that hit 60. I knew a classic plus kunark grind was going to be rough but it destroyed me. As i keep saying im just too fucking old these days. Legit last time for me.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Big grats to you guys that hit 60. I knew a classic plus kunark grind was going to be rough but it destroyed me. As i keep saying im just too fucking old these days. Legit last time for me.

I pretty much tapped out at 44 myself, took yesterday off and almost didn't log in today. For a tank, 44-46 is this really awkward level range where you're too high for Guk and too low for Seb/Chardok. Hole is sufficient but not great.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fortunately we just have the tank as a decorative carry. Pets are the tank 100% wouldn't have mana to heal a player tank in rags on these Chardok names.