EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Oh, almost certainly people pull in the vast, vast majority of their krono selling haul very shortly after an expac unlock. Thing is, after about 2-3 weeks, I have to imagine that shit is as dry as a grandma's pussy. Which further begs the question, "Why?". A couple extra hundred bucks in a month? It just screams like some degenerate, I live with my parents/get subsidies from my government and sell drugs on the side sort of lifestyle.

I had a friend who would RMT in PoE after a new update and this was pretty much exactly him. He'd stay up for 24-48hrs, amass massive amounts of loot, RMT it all over the first 2-3 weeks, and was a total loser who drove a piece of shit car, lived in a dumpy apartment with his mom, etc.

The "serious" kronolords aren't able to hold a steady job and RMT fucking 24/7. Sure, you might box a bit and sell some krono here and there, but what are you pulling each month? $300? $400?. And not only is it just the time required to farm krono, it's the fact that demand for krono in a 22 year old game can't be that fucking high to where you have a vast market of people to sell to.

there are a few shitlording ways to run bots pretty much afk and make a little extra scratch. i know a few of the guys that do that. like afk mage farming type stuff. theres also social RMT -- we used to do "meth runs" with the boys and hit fear for loot. mostly a social thing. those kinds of guys amass a few hundred krono over their career, mostly for fun.

the stuff you are describing is definitely next level. although again on expac launches i used to take time off from work to play with friends and we would get a lot of crazy loot and all make 20-30kr each just by accident basically. i think a lot of people are super aggressive on launches like these types of groups my friends and I do but arent "farmers".

farmers are a different story. we actually push farmers out mostly while we do this stuff early on before they ahve solidifed their systems

Louis

Trakanon Raider
The "serious" kronolords aren't able to hold a steady job and RMT fucking 24/7. Sure, you might box a bit and sell some krono here and there, but what are you pulling each month? $300? $400?. And not only is it just the time required to farm krono, it's the fact that demand for krono in a 22 year old game can't be that fucking high to where you have a vast market of people to sell to.
Have you looked at ectunnel? There are plenty of people willing to buy krono, especially when the current server revolves around gdkp.

I also think you are overestimating the effort it takes to make decent money. Checking a spawn once an hour while doing a day job to net an extra $100-$200 a day is a no brainer. That being said you need a job that allows you to do such a thing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
there are a few shitlording ways to run bots pretty much afk and make a little extra scratch. i know a few of the guys that do that. like afk mage farming type stuff. theres also social RMT -- we used to do "meth runs" with the boys and hit fear for loot. mostly a social thing. those kinds of guys amass a few hundred krono over their career, mostly for fun.

the stuff you are describing is definitely next level. although again on expac launches i used to take time off from work to play with friends and we would get a lot of crazy loot and all make 20-30kr each just by accident basically. i think a lot of people are super aggressive on launches like these types of groups my friends and I do but arent "farmers".

farmers are a different story. we actually push farmers out mostly while we do this stuff early on before they ahve solidifed their systems
Right, so 20-30kr each on expansion launches. So, $200-300 - wooptie shit. Like, does it help buy groceries for the month? Sure, but at the end of the day, the act of sitting in ECtunnel to flip the items for krono, then finding some way to RMT it without getting scammed, etc.? It's a ton of fucking hassle for free groceries for the month. Sure, if I'm a degenerate loser I guess it's worth it? But if you're even moderately middle-class? No fucking thanks.
Have you looked at ectunnel? There are plenty of people willing to buy krono, especially when the current server revolves around gdkp.

I also think you are overestimating the effort it takes to make decent money. Checking a spawn once an hour while doing a day job to net an extra $100-$200 a day is a no brainer. That being said you need a job that allows you to do such a thing.
You're making 10-20kr/day by checking a once an hour spawn? Really? On a random loot server? Doubt.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Right, so 20-30kr each on expansion launches. So, $200-300 - wooptie shit. Like, does it help buy groceries for the month? Sure, but at the end of the day, the act of sitting in ECtunnel to flip the items for krono, then find some way to RMT it without getting scammed, etc.? It's a ton of fucking hassle for free groceries for the month. Sure, if I'm a degenerate loser I guess it's worth it? But if you're even moderately middle-class? No fucking thanks.

You're making 10-20kr/day by checking a once an hour spawn? Really? On a random loot server? Doubt.
Since they decided to bottleneck vp keys with the ground spawns its more like 30kr minimum, but that market will only last for so long. Opportunities are there, just gotta find them.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Since they decided to bottleneck vp keys with the ground spawns its more like 30kr minimum, but that market will only last for so long. Opportunities are there, just gotta find them.
And PD loot drops off VS. And PD can drop Faydedar loot. Who the fuck is dumb enough to pay 30kr for that?

Like, I kiiiiiiinda get it on a "normal" server, but on a random loot server? Holy fuck, what are people doing with their lives...

Louis

Trakanon Raider
And PD loot drops off VS. And PD can drop Faydedar loot. Who the fuck is dumb enough to pay 30kr for that?

Like, I kiiiiiiinda get it on a "normal" server, but on a random loot server? Holy fuck, what are people doing with their lives...
10-15kr a key. Basing the total on acquiring 3 a day. I dont disagree on the holy fuckness of it though, because even with the bottleneck its 100x easier than normal. People are just lazy fucks.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
20-30kr? I've made 300kr in 3-4 weeks. This server is an absolute gold mine for not that much effort if you know what you're doing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
20-30kr? I've made 300kr in 3-4 weeks. This server is an absolute gold mine for not that much effort if you know what you're doing.
So, $3000ish/month if you "know what you're doing" (aka have a pretty impressive box setup and are willing to spend hours in ECTunnel flipping items for krono). Again, about what you'd make working at McDonald's for $15/hour. Slightly more, but the point still stands. That's also assuming you have a market wide/big enough to constantly be dumping 300kr into it every month.
People are just lazy fucks.
Oh, I get it. Believe me, I've considered dropping $20 on Krono just to kit up my rerolled characters a bit, but I know how much Luclin is going to change the game of item selling (especially "twink" fodder type stuff), especially with the insanity that is going to be Grieg's End and how it functions. Talk about loot pinata, holy fuck...

I just don't understand certain aspects of it, like paying to access a zone that gives you the same loot as other bosses in the game which are easier/more accessible. That's one of the beauties of this server and why it was so attractive in the first place - you aren't forced into specific raids, grinding locations, dungeons, etc. It took an already open world game like EQ and made it even MORE open. It actually adds a purpose and use to a lot of those completely unused zones that are out in fucking no-mans land, had good zone exp mods, yet the loot and/or mechanics were absolute dogshit so nobody went there.

It's awesome to see places like Splitpaw, Najena, etc. actually being used. Sure, they don't see the same traffic as the easier to access places like Unrest and Guk, but it's still awesome seeing them utilized at all.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The best I ever did in EQ was finding this named that was a guaranteed 2 hour spawn in Omens of War that dropped a FT5 shield. I could solo it on my Shaman. I logged in every 2 hours, looted a shield, and sold it for like 200k+++. This was when 1 million plat was around $500 sold directly to wholesalers. I had a spreadsheet with how much I was making every week for logging in for 10 minutes every 2 hours and it was good times. Took my ex and I to Europe that summer directly off that one camp.

• 1Midwit
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
you don't understand why people spend money on stupid things? where have you been your whole life?

some people will spend $ 1000 if it means they don't have to farm any of the key stuff. some people spend $ 2000 per expansion just on their mains gear. not including their alts gear and their powerleveling.

not sure why you're acting surprised that people with extra money are spending it on a game they play a chunk of their free time playing. they work hard and have lots of extra money.

like why does anyone buy a Ferrari? Or any other over the top car. just buy a 20k 30k 40k car like the normies right.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I like that the guy talking like he makes a bunch of money is over here debating dropping $ 20 on an alt lol.

If you make as much money as you make it sound like. please tell us all the things you spend money on so we can talk about them.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
you don't understand why people spend money on stupid things? where have you been your whole life?

some people will spend $ 1000 if it means they don't have to farm any of the key stuff. some people spend $ 2000 per expansion just on their mains gear. not including their alts gear and their powerleveling.

not sure why you're acting surprised that people with extra money are spending it on a game they play a chunk of their free time playing. they work hard and have lots of extra money.

like why does anyone buy a Ferrari? Or any other over the top car. just buy a 20k 30k 40k car like the normies right.
Oh, I completely understand why whales do it, absolutely. What's $1000 if my yearly income is north of 500k/year? I'm talking your average dude, both buyers and sellers. I could really give a fuck what people do with their freetime. I just know from having friends involved in RMT on the seller side, they are absolute degens and live a dumpy lifestyle. Buyers is a bit of a mixed bag. The dudes buying $2000 krono every expansion are likely rich nerds who don't necessarily have the time to put into a ton of farming or massive addicts who are again..total degens.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
The best I ever did in EQ was finding this named that was a guaranteed 2 hour spawn in Omens of War that dropped a FT5 shield. I could solo it on my Shaman. I logged in every 2 hours, looted a shield, and sold it for like 200k+++. This was when 1 million plat was around $500 sold directly to wholesalers. I had a spreadsheet with how much I was making every week for logging in for 10 minutes every 2 hours and it was good times. Took my ex and I to Europe that summer directly off that one camp.
lulWut.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
The total degens are these people sitting in EQ 12 hrs a day while completely broke, and beg me for VP drops because they can't pay their sub if they drop 3kr on a droppable spawn. THOSE people are the ones i dont fucking understand.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The total degens are these people sitting in EQ 12 hrs a day while completely broke, and beg me for VP drops because they can't pay their sub if they drop 3kr on a droppable spawn. THOSE people are the ones i dont fucking understand.
100% agreed with you there. Those are the true addicts who'd likely be spending their money on gambling, alcohol, or drugs if EQ didn't exist.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
There was a whale on Agnarr who would spend 50kr each week at the plat vt. Every week. He had excessively large amount of disposable income and EQ was his outlet. Find one or two of those and become their goto guys. Whatever they don't want sell to the general public. That's if you want to kronolord. I enjoy collecting krono because thats fun, but I have a well paying job and this is my hobby. Lots of people are barely hanging on and chasing that krono means they play this month or they deal with their shitty life.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Right, so 20-30kr each on expansion launches. So, $200-300 - wooptie shit. Like, does it help buy groceries for the month? Sure, but at the end of the day, the act of sitting in ECtunnel to flip the items for krono, then finding some way to RMT it without getting scammed, etc.? It's a ton of fucking hassle for free groceries for the month. Sure, if I'm a degenerate loser I guess it's worth it? But if you're even moderately middle-class? No fucking thanks.

I've made about 65 since Kunark launched just by doing stuff for fun. It could easily have been 100ish but i turned down a 30kr offer on my Regal Band of Bathezid and haven't bothered to sell like 10kr worth of loot i have my trader because that's no fun.