EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
"If they ever drop a double loot instead of half lockout selo 2.0 I'm probably there. That server was TOO good."

Hngggggg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I loved selo.... was so much fun starting in luclin.
I think MIschief as a ruleset is the most fun I've had in EQ since the "glory days". However, Luclin start just adds so much goddamn QOL to the game that it's insane not to start there. To say nothing of the extra content for leveling, BLs, AAs, etc.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Can we talk about what really matters? Whose got some Kronos for sale? Send those pm’s.

View attachment 362038

I could part with some kronos. 10 dolla, soldier boy! 10 dolla!

I think MIschief as a ruleset is the most fun I've had in EQ since the "glory days". However, Luclin start just adds so much goddamn QOL to the game that it's insane not to start there. To say nothing of the extra content for leveling, BLs, AAs, etc.

I maintain that a TSS start would be tremendous for content and QOL.

Disable autogrant AAs until some later point (Underfoot would be fine, as that's where TSS would unlock) so that all of the pre-TSS AAs are on the table.

So many choices to be made in how to build up, especially in that first era. Whatever guilds were racing to beat TSS would need to decide what expansions were worth going back and farming for gear to beat TSS with. There would be like a dozen avenues of attack.

It'd be a great server, doubly so if there were a race going on rather than just one super-guild.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I'd personally enjoy a TSS start server but I don't think the masses would go to it sadly, there's a very significant share of the TLP population that simply is only interested in Classic thru PoP, for some of them even making it to PoP is a stretch.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Loot inflation is going to be really bad come pop. I like the random loot and the non no drop loot but the bonus loot is just too much.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Barf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Fuck these kid servers and the people trying to rerail, let's keep talking Selo. I'mma write more in this post than GRRM has in 2 years.

A lot of people get into a mindset that because something works it must have been the right decision or even the best decision when in reality sometimes you can suck out, sometimes you were always going to pass regardless, etc. Having read over Gris' planning stuff I would like to say with relative confidence that had you guys not touched emp and Amtrak had stuck to his planned timetable, we would have gotten VT in the same time (maybe faster!) and lost nothing. Your emp kill was so brutally well timed that we actually HAD to return fire or else the guild was going to literally implode. When we did our emp, we actually wiped on the first attempt with the healers out of mana and him not anywhere close to down.

My god how deep in your mouth is Grisvok's cock.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I feel like the people who keep saying there is too much loot haven't played much diablo or arpg games.

You SWIM in fucking loot in those games. You cherry pick the top dollar drops and things worth trading and leave countless piles of garbage on the floor.

Like in EQ right now I'm basically only looting things like fungi tunic/staff at this point....drops that sell for 1kr+. Everything else can just rot on the corpse.

The twink items and things people will want to use for new toons will always retain value. Sock that shit away in your bank or on an alt for luclin and beyond. People will make a killing selling +hp/mana gear for new toons. All your GeBs, fungis, BoC's will always have value. Go look on FV at their bazaar. You will see a fuckton of ntov and luclin era loot without level requirements selling for good money because it retains value.

This server is awesome and if you are complaining about too much loot you are probably an RMT farmer sad about their profit margin.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 8 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What monk gear is worth twinking up with on here? Necro isn't really lighting my fire the way it did 20 years ago. Too bad I didn't realize this during that huge bonus we had.

TStaff, Fungi Tunic, epic pieces at some point, +HP jewelry, bunch of Rat Ears...anything else worth buying in particular?

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Honestly I’ve always gotten along with every person and guild except a certain bard that drove a Lambo and somehow trained Trak to Juggs on rad rad , sukik sukik , Sterling Sterling and myself.

You know it’s bad when even chill Sterling Sterling says “Well that’s a first” and gets mad on teamspeak.

• 1Barf

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
You can skip tstaff since the proc is for 55+? You can basically just go with a jade mace and a stave of shielding for leveling then get your epic.

Grab a fungi tunic, full set of +hp gear. Get yourself a peggi cloak and jboots and your mandatory dark elf mask for FashionQuest~

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
What monk gear is worth twinking up with on here? Necro isn't really lighting my fire the way it did 20 years ago. Too bad I didn't realize this during that huge bonus we had.

TStaff, Fungi Tunic, epic pieces at some point, +HP jewelry, bunch of Rat Ears...anything else worth buying in particular?
depends how hard in the paint you want to go. You could buy grey suede boots and spirit wracked cords and shit like that if you wanted to go wild.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Loot inflation is going to be really bad come pop. I like the random loot and the non no drop loot but the bonus loot is just too much.
Good. I can't wait for Luclin to absolutely destroy Kronolords. If Krono didn't exist, I'd agree that they need to cap the "bonus" loot tables a rare can roll to 1 extra at most. None of this quadruple+ loot going on right now. But, because Kronolord losers exist, I'm glad this server will pound their assholes come bazaar.
Too bad I didn't realize this during that huge bonus we had.
I did the same thing with my Paladin and regret it (realized I want to do a tank this go-around). I put him on the "back-burner" because melee are so gear dependent and I wanted to get my enc/mage combo to 60 to twink him out. But, I'm kind of regretting not just leveling him as far as I could while the bonus was on, instead focusing on the enc/mage.

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You can skip tstaff since the proc is for 55+? You can basically just go with a jade mace and a stave of shielding for leveling then get your epic.

Grab a fungi tunic, full set of +hp gear. Get yourself a peggi cloak and jboots and your mandatory dark elf mask for FashionQuest~

That sounds good. I have a soft spot for TStaff doe. Back in 2004 when I returned to EQ after a 3 year break, I had to start from scratch with no guild and no one I knew still playing. I got to level 50ish and then managed to buy a TStaff by selling everything I'd found (TStaff proc is 50 I believe). It was an absolute game-changer. Suddenly I could reliably solo things, and ran around PoJustice bonking things with it throughout my early 50's. I'd never been able to solo with a pure melee class before that.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

What level are you? We should group together. I haven’t had this much fun in years with EQ. (Probably Phinny or EQmac) SorrowsEnd SorrowsEnd Zaide Zaide and Kayak Kayak hooked me up and got me going. I’m taking it nice and slow and enjoying the ride thanks!

I’m missing out on all the drama being late to the show but I got homies in both guilds so it’s all good.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Adamantite club is another good monk twink option. It should be pretty cheap because it drops quite often. Much better ratio than something like a jade mace.

Also, Labor Day weekend should have a double XP bonus so if you're regretting your class choices there will be another good period to level up an alt soon. It will likely only be Friday to Monday, though.

• 2Like

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
What level are you? We should group together. I haven’t had this much fun in years with EQ. (Probably Phinny or EQmac) SorrowsEnd SorrowsEnd Zaide Zaide and Kayak Kayak hooked me up and got me going. I’m taking it nice and slow and enjoying the ride thanks!

I’m missing out on all the drama being late to the show but I got homies in both guilds so it’s all good.
Both guilds? I thought there was only one guild?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Adamantite club is another good monk twink option. It should be pretty cheap because it drops quite often. Much better ratio than something like a jade mace.

Also, Labor Day weekend should have a double XP bonus so if you're regretting your class choices there will be another good period to level up an alt soon. It will likely only be Friday to Monday, though.
Yeah, we'll be like 2-3 weeks into Velious by then, right? That should give me enough time to get the Paladin twinked out decent.

Speaking of, I still have cash burning a hole in my pocket if people want to sell me Paladin epic shit for krono. P2W and I don't even caaaaaare.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Well if you must have a Tstaff I saw 2 for sale yesterday for 3kr and 2kr +10k pp.

I sold one right after kunark launch the other week for 8kr so the price has plummeted hard.

And frankly 3kr for an item is basically nothing.

Sidenote: I'm making it a point now if someone complains in guild chat about the cost of gate potions or field of bone pots for racing OW targets I'm just putting them on ignore. When you can sell a single krono for 14k+ plat in this era there is no reason ever to cry about the plat cost for consumables.

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Both guilds? I thought there was only one guild?

There was a split, now it's Faceless Hollywood and Faceless Wolfpac.

1626116545443.png
1626116551764.png

Don't turn your back on teh wolfpac

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well if you must have a Tstaff I saw 2 for sale yesterday for 3kr and 2kr +10k pp.

I sold one right after kunark launch the other week for 8kr so the price has plummeted hard.

And frankly 3kr for an item is basically nothing.

Sidenote: I'm making it a point now if someone complains in guild chat about the cost of gate potions or field of bone pots for racing OW targets I'm just putting them on ignore. When you can sell a single krono for 14k+ plat in this era there is no reason ever to cry about the plat cost for consumables.

Yeah, I sold two krono ingame as a price experiment and it like fully funded my necro and a friend's wizard getting HP jewelry and decent main/offhand/robes and a few thousand rat ears. I still have plenty of plat left over for monking. I farmed like crazy in week one and made dozens and dozens of krono, can't imagine how good it'd be if I'd been GDKP raiding for the past month. No raider should be complaining about pots for even one second.