EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
not just sticking to the Unrest->Guk->Velks meta.
first time GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
I could see the XP modifier being good for early TLPs, trying to race to max lvl or whatever. Also the tradeskill mod is gonna be useful for the few dozen people who are tradeskill nerds. But none of these seem game breaking or totally necessary.

I can't recall a time where I've died enough in a row to de level.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I could see the XP modifier being good for early TLPs, trying to race to max lvl or whatever. Also the tradeskill mod is gonna be useful for the few dozen people who are tradeskill nerds. But none of these seem game breaking or totally necessary.

I did a 1-50 without a death, on selo our mage didn't die 1-60 and nobody except our bard died more than like twice. That xp loss on death shit just doesn't matter except for rare exceptions. In fact... if you DO have it and your guild knows, they'll probably line you up in front of the spiroc lord, bless you sir. The tradeskill one will be absolutely mandatory if you do tradeskills for anything serious (aka only skipped for like seru bane skilling easy shit). 10% xp is like they say - it'll be a must have if you're racing, and just nice otherwise. Lots of hardcore players level without swimming in top tier potions; those players may skip this one too.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I think the no death loss is just nice to have since you don't have to immediately worry about a buffer. It relieves the burden of feeling like you need to get a rez when you die out in Egypt doing something challenging or stupid by yourself. But, this kind of becomes irrelevant once you can just summon your corpse to the lobby and use a merc to rez yourself.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the no death loss is just nice to have since you don't have to immediately worry about a buffer. It relieves the burden of feeling like you need to get a rez when you die out in Egypt doing something challenging or stupid by yourself. But, this kind of becomes irrelevant once you can just summon your corpse to the lobby and use a merc to rez yourself.
It feels like this can be exploited. I am not sure how, but this just feels like something somebody is going to find a way to exploit. This other wise is just a convenience thing that does not have a major impact on a TLP. This is due to the fact that you usually want to be maxed XP to get the jump on the next level increase. On Live servers this would be very nice. Death(Not that it really did) would have even less meaning. As somebody pointed out, you could just chain train for fun.

Now what they could have done, was remove the loss of XP on death with the condition that a character has to already be max level for the server/expansion. That might have been worth it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Should be able to do 1-50 at launch in 26ish hours now on a standard TLP rate.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The EXP loss stuff is more about allowing you to take "risks" IMO. You no longer have to worry about a buffer at 50, 60, 65, etc. Once you ding, you can immediately send all that shit to AA(if it's unlocked)and not give a fuck about dying, especially since CRs aren't a thing anymore.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they clarify that perk or something? I read it as you cant de-level, nothing about not losing exp on a death at all. So basically like Yerm said, all you DT takers better have it(mainly in classic before click sticks). Then just max exp again right before a level up expansion.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did they clarify that perk or something? I read it as you cant de-level, nothing about not losing exp on a death at all. So basically like Yerm said, all you DT takers better have it(mainly in classic before click sticks). Then just max exp again right before a level up expansion.
Yeah, that's what I meant, de-level. Either way, I see it just as a way to allow for super risky behavior. I think it has a limited shelf-life and usefulness, but I can see the point of it early on.

I think only really the exp/money one is "worth" it throughout the game. Tradeskills would be cool if they didn't suck ass, but they were basically only added as a response to UO. EQ was originally not going to have tradeskills at all and probably would've been a better game for it, tbh.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
if you cannot de-level, does that make necro sacrifices for essence emeralds infinite?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
It specifically mentions combat. Would presume it would have roughly the same parameters as Divine Intervention.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how the extra money thing will work if you have autosplit turned on. Does everybody get extra split, or is it just a personal bonus based on the value of the split?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Jesus im sitting at 55 and 54 on my boxes. I get as much per kill in Velks entrance with 2 as I do OC with 6. Where the fuck can i just kill for XP its so sad they have little in Kunark worthwhile

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure that dbg hasn't thought through that money issue, but it's pretty interesting. If one person in a group has it, does their extra money get split?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jesus im sitting at 55 and 54 on my boxes. I get as much per kill in Velks entrance with 2 as I do OC with 6. Where the fuck can i just kill for XP its so sad they have little in Kunark worthwhile
I sat my Mage in IC with some folks for a couple hours and all I heard the entire time was people bitching that Chardok Kennels was better. So I can only imagine that that is "the spot" to knock 60 out from just that bit of experience. Granted, I got 60 on my warrior in Kunark at Kennels too.. so.. maybe they have a point.

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
Give me a velium hunter in skyshrine and I'll decimate those halls all day over IC/OC.

Such a wasted zone at the moment.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it's the Velium Hunter that makes the difference. You get a solid group with a good enchanter/puller and you can do IC/OC as one camp.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I'm sure that dbg hasn't thought through that money issue, but it's pretty interesting. If one person in a group has it, does their extra money get split?
And, when calculating when the 10% comes in, what happens if a rogue pick pockets the money before? Are they going to just add a flat 10% off of the corpse or is it going to be based on the initial amount the mob was holding?