EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
And, when calculating when the 10% comes in, what happens if a rogue pick pockets the money before? Are they going to just add a flat 10% off of the corpse or is it going to be based on the initial amount the mob was holding?
When does money get generated in EQ? Is it on-spawn, like items, or is it on-death? If the code is written to be on-death for money, it's easier for them to simply add the 10% as personal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
When does money get generated in EQ? Is it on-spawn, like items, or is it on-death? If the code is written to be on-death for money, it's easier for them to simply add the 10% as personal.
I believe it's on spawn, similar to loot generation, otherwise how would pick pocketing work? Unless you just pick pocket until you hit a range of possible values for each mob?

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 372182
Dalnir dungeon crawl was awesome. I hope people are checking out some of these under-used dungeons and not just sticking to the Unrest->Guk->Velks meta. There's some really cool stuff out there if you go off the beaten path.

If youve ever done greenmist you get plenty of quality time in there

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
i noticed that too with velks... 45-55 was very fast killing spiders and dogs... they're terrible exp now at 57. IC/OC is just barely better and a lot more hp/ac. chardok better 56 and up imo (because of the slightly weaker mobs)...

From Torven who parsed EQLive around 2016 for eqemu

Experienced gained from an NPC = mobLevel * mobLevel * ZEM * classMultiplier (for level exp only) * groupSplit * groupBonus * serverBonus * HBM (leveling only) * MLM

ClassMultiplier is typically 1, 1.1, or 1.4 depending on class. This was put in place to effectively remove the class penalty during Velious, as the experience required per level is higher for hybrids and such.

groupSplit would be, for example, 0.2 in a five man group of equal level players.

groupBonus is either 0, 1.2, 1.4, 2.2, 2.6.

serverBonus is of course 1.2 for AK.

HBM is the hell level balance multiplier that applies to leveling from 30-60. For many levels this would be 0.9 and for hell levels this might be around 1.5.

MLM is a bonus applied if the NPC is within +/- 5 levels of the player. If the player is level 60 or higher, then for white cons it is (260-13*(playerLevel - mobLevel))/100. If the player is below 60, then it is capped to 2.6-((60 - playerLevel)*0.16). This value is then reduced or raised by 0.13-(60-playerLevel)*0.013 times the level difference.

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm getting close to the point where I'm going to need help on my Monk to get the Chardok and KC Pipe for Epic. Who's ready?

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Best xp from 46-60? Velks? Chardok? Seb?

And anyone have high Venril faction that I could buy a worker's sledgemallet from? Wsdown in game name.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I think Chardok is accepted as the best exp... I had some pretty incredible groups at Velks OC/IC with an enchanter charming a velium hunter though. That pet is broken as fuck.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Most pickup groups are dogshit exp, because you spend half the time with people afk, not paying attention, not healing, not pulling, etc.

I have 3 60s and 2 56s and in all that time, I think I've had maybe 1 or 2 groups where people were motivated, paying attention, and trying to earn great exp. Problem is, even in those situations, it only lasts for an hour or two before somebody has to be replaced and the group disbands or replaces them with a shitter. Everything else was some variation of "meh", 2-3 people constantly afk, or downright incompetence to the point I was actually losing exp.

it's exactly why I 3 box now. As an enchanter at the time, I was just sick and fucking tired of AFK leveling 2-3 people in the group every fucking time.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Ryoz

<Donor>
Leveling is the worst without a guild. I have met some pretty cool people in pickup groups, but mostly it’s just people not pulling their weight and making poor class choices when finding reps.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I only play 1 toon and haven't had any problems finding decent pugs or guild groups. Given, that I always build my guys to be able to solo light blues if needed. I admit the idea is much easier on a raid geared monk and paly alt.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Best xp from 46-60? Velks? Chardok? Seb?

And anyone have high Venril faction that I could buy a worker's sledgemallet from? Wsdown in game name.

Velks is pretty shit these days after 55 - it’s a grind I’m stuck on. I’m doing OC IC 4 hours and barely getting 25 percent. Mostly due to shit groups abd turnover but it seems like they killed the 55+ Xp in Velks.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It blows my mind there isn’t another solid 55+ do zone in the whole continent of velious. Everywhere else has such shit ZEM

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean in OG Velious Velks mobs were all several levels lower initially so it wasn't even an XP zone until they revamped it months and months into the expansion.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wasn't Velious originally billed as a level 35+ expansion? Is pretty crazy there's only 1 zone to level to max in

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's a few, they're just ass. WW/SG/DN/Velks are all possible to exp to 60 in, but some of them you'd rather grind the bottom of Icewell keep instead. Mostly SG being aids mobs, DN having booby traps, and WW having raid mobs that hate you wandering around ruined their leveling appeal.

Knew people who did 55 to 60 in Kael/Skyshrine as well. Those were desperate times., though.

Sterling

El Presidente
Wasn't Velious originally billed as a level 35+ expansion? Is pretty crazy there's only 1 zone to level to max in
i mean it was basically released as pretty much a raid expansion. even those mid level zones were mostly all shit XP even then.