EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tacvi trash is definitely not easy compared to other trash in the game, but that sounds more like an issue with your raid and not with the content.

Oh Snap GIF by ZDF Magazin Royale

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
EQ000054.jpg

27 days, 11 hours, 20 minutes ( a lot of just fucking around making memes and watching buffs expire )

1-60, 90% solo (grouped a few times to help with epic fights/camps)

Now to finish epic, cudgel(maybe?), VP key(?), and who knows what else.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Can't say we ever had significant problems with the tacvi trash. Occasionally the flurry ones would delete a tank but there were never problems on incoming.

• 1Pants on Fire!

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah i've done tacvi a bunch on 3 different servers and have never had significant issues with trash.

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can't say we ever had significant problems with the tacvi trash. Occasionally the flurry ones would delete a tank but there were never problems on incoming.
This is exactly what I said.

These mobs hit for 4500 before defensive, some single ramp, others ae ramp, and of course some flurry. If you're wasting warrior defensives on them they're more tolerable, but good luck holding aggro off your retard dps. Also they have decent resists so the first, second, and probably third slows aren't going to hit. So you've got to hope whoever grabs it is getting flash healed ASAP because any tank in the game at the point can be one-rounded.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The trash mobs in Tacvi are harder than any other mob in GoD. There's like 12 of them, but each one is usually pulled while healers are medding and the first two people to try and take aggro are instantly dead.
The elite mastrug bezerker that you have to clear in the beginning hits like a truck.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If your healers cannot handle a raid mob being pulled without the first two tanks going down, you have shit healers. If your dps cannot handle a pure tank and spank fight with no deagro mechanics without pulling agro, you have shit dps. If your tanks cannot seem to manage when to use disciplines, you have shit tanks. These tacvi dudes aren't hard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Again, they're the hardest hitting mobs until super-charged OMM, probably. And if they're pulled while most of your healers are medding you can be in for trouble as they can LITERALLY ONE ROUND ANY TANK IN THE GAME.

But alas, if you use defensives on trash mobs and spend 15 minutes medding after every boss fights you're probably fine.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Again, they're the hardest hitting mobs until super-charged OMM, probably. And if they're pulled while most of your healers are medding you can be in for trouble as they can LITERALLY ONE ROUND ANY TANK IN THE GAME.

But alas, if you use defensives on trash mobs and spend 15 minutes medding after every boss fights you're probably fine.

If you pull a raid mob and all your healers are medding your tank is probably gonna die regardless. If your tank is gonna get rounded if he doesn't pop cooldowns, why choose death? You can also do stuff like pop defensive and kill a mastrug and then pull ANOTHER mastrug while defensive is still going, using a whole one defensive discipline for more than one mastrug. Huge delay there that whole one warrior's defensive discipline.

I'm not gonna back off on this. If tacvi trash is hosing your raid, you're doing shit wrong. Change what you're doing.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
There's a number of ways to make the trash less painful, several of which are mentioned in this thread but instead of taking the information and using it, take jabs at people instead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

This is exactly what I said.

These mobs hit for 4500 before defensive, some single ramp, others ae ramp, and of course some flurry. If you're wasting warrior defensives on them they're more tolerable, but good luck holding aggro off your retard dps. Also they have decent resists so the first, second, and probably third slows aren't going to hit. So you've got to hope whoever grabs it is getting flash healed ASAP because any tank in the game at the point can be one-rounded.

That's not what you said. You made it sound like the issue was the pull and that multiple tanks would die right off and that your healers were unprepared for the pull. Like, I get it, it's the internet and we all love a little hyperbole, but you're trying to defend what you described as normal and expected and it's really not.

We would kill two mastrugs while on one defensive. If you're low on warriors, it's not great to have to use defensive, but if they're dying that means you'll have to wait for rebuffs and endurance regen anyway. You're saying they're the hardest mobs in the expansion and you're not going to use defensive on them but you will something else? That doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was just pointing out that those mobs are brutal comparatively to most bosses in the expansion and if your tanks aren't ready/geared and your healers are ready it's almost a guaranteed insta-death. At no point did I say "IT WILL WIPE YOU" or "IT WIPED US" or anything. Just more a funny note that those mobs hit harder than anything else and if not prepared, which my guild basically always was unless we were going for some speed run record.

And then came the "WELL WHAT YOU DO IS" and the "YOU ARE PROBABLY BAD IF" and it came from people who made me laugh because I know who you are and what guilds you were in and it's just a bit much.

Mob hit real hard. Heal much fast or tank die. More tank thing stronger on big mob. Zug zug.

DickTrickle

Looks like Xevy decided to use his defensive disc on the forum instead of Tacvi trash.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users