EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Rizlona low drama cause it's been DOA.

Go to crystal caverns on a live server. Won't be any drama there either because nobody has been in that zone in 2 months.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
I'm wondering if the plat dupe is back, given that Krono has jumped in price by about 25% in just the last couple of days on Mischief.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Most toons have in era gear, so plat is going into Kronos instead? Would be my guess.

Could be a dupe tho

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Also, Thornblade people dumping gear here. They're taking krono back with them, not spending it here.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm wondering if the plat dupe is back, given that Krono has jumped in price by about 25% in just the last couple of days on Mischief.

The people who were holding plat from the plat dupe are back in full force on Aradune, Mangler, Mischief, Thornblade.

Aradune being hammered with dupers buying up all krono every day at any price. Krono went from 18k (day one of plat dupe) to 60k within 30 days (the plat dupe was stopped). The Krono slowly went down to 35k and was stable for a few months. But the dupers are back and krono has gone from 35k to 80k+ in the past two weeks.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Rizlona low drama cause it's been DOA.

Go to crystal caverns on a live server. Won't be any drama there either because nobody has been in that zone in 2 months.
Have you been on Rizlona? The population is still super strong. There's a ton of guilds, and a surprising number of non-boxers on the server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
The people who were holding plat from the plat dupe are back in full force on Aradune, Mangler, Mischief, Thornblade.

Aradune being hammered with dupers buying up all krono every day at any price. Krono went from 18k (day one of plat dupe) to 60k within 30 days (the plat dupe was stopped). The Krono slowly went down to 35k and was stable for a few months. But the dupers are back and krono has gone from 35k to 80k+ in the past two weeks.
I tend to believe that that krono price increase on Aradune is due to a ton of people recently selling off everything they have and moving to Mischief. I know a lot of people that did this here recently.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tend to believe that that krono price increase on Aradune is due to a ton of people recently selling off everything they have and moving to Mischief. I know a lot of people that did this here recently.

Its not sadly.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kronz is selling very high this AM on Mischief. Multiple people buying for 28k and rising.

The krono to plat economy was really screwed from the plat dupe on these servers when the plat was not removed from the servers.

• Mischief - 500 million duped plat, estimated plat in circulation pre dupe 200 million plat (250% inflation)
    • Krono went from 8k to 16k in 30 days
  • Thornblade - 500 million duped plat, estimated plat in circulation pre dupe 200 million plat (250% inflation)
    • Krono went from 10k to 20k in 30 days
  • Aradune - 1.25 billion duped plat, estimated plat in circulation pre dupe 1 billion plat (125% inflation)
    • Krono went from 18k to 60k in 30 days
  • Mangler - This happened on Mangler as well but I dont have the exact numbers.

It was primarily two people doing the dupe. They massed krono to sell on EC Tunnel through a larger reseller. They also liberally used the plat to buy gear in raids for them and friends.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow another plat dupe in just a few months from the previous one? Thornblade had one in classic that made krono go from 4k-10k overnight basically.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Shared banks and something else, it's been a minute.
My old plat dupe was dropping a few million into my shared bank and then forcing my corpse to disappear in a special way by dying in a specific way and then petitioning to get my items restored. The plat would stay in the shared bank and I'd get a copy of my corpse, because their last save still had the plat on my corpse. The server seemed to save shared stash and personal character differently. Did it many times back in the day, and was always nervous they'd catch on. But they were dumb as fuck when I did it apparently and I rotated accounts and a few details.

I never directly fucked economies though, I sold the duped plat straight to plat wholesalers lmao.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Has the dupe been fixed? From what you guys are saying, it hasn't been, and that's kind of concerning.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
The way I read it they specifically say the plat dupe was stopped. Maybe you missed that post.

The guy who has 100 toons on each server just explained it to us.

They did an initial rush of plat injection when the dupe happened, but stashed away tons of plat. That duped plat is now being pushed super hard into the economy because daybreak did not remove it. So, people were sitting on 100s of krono worth of plat just trying to slowly buy krono. I guess something made them rush... whether it be competition or getting scared of missing the boat on krono prices. Or they just have so much plat that they don't care.

Elderan Elderan Depending how much plat you think is leftover, bazaar might be REALLY rough on these new servers.

I know you and your friends bring in millions of plat per day from your boxes. Do you think they have enough plat to completely ruin the bazaar krono prices or do you think they'll run out fast enough and the prices will level off some more?

People with duped plat will just buy every krono that pops up on bazaar. You thought the 100boxers didn't value plat very much (hint: they pay 2-3k more than the market price for krono)... imagine how little the plat dupers value the plat lol. They will be willing to pay whatever and will keep the bazaar pretty empty of any krono that is remotely cheap.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The way I read it they specifically say the plat dupe was stopped. Maybe you missed that post.

They did an initial rush of plat injection when the dupe happened, but stashed away tons of plat. That duped plat is now being pushed super hard into the economy because daybreak did not remove it. So, people were sitting on 100s of krono worth of plat just trying to slowly buy krono. I guess something made them rush... whether it be competition or getting scared of missing the boat on krono prices. Or they just have so much plat that they don't care.

Elderan Elderan Depending how much plat you think is leftover, bazaar might be REALLY rough on these new servers.

I know you and your friends bring in millions of plat per day from your boxes. Do you think they have enough plat to completely ruin the bazaar krono prices or do you think they'll run out fast enough and the prices will level off some more?

People with duped plat will just buy every krono that pops up on bazaar. You thought the 100boxers didn't value plat very much (hint: they pay 2-3k more than the market price for krono)... imagine how little the plat dupers value the plat lol. They will be willing to pay whatever and will keep the bazaar pretty empty of any krono that is remotely cheap.
BUT TRUEBOX STOPS THE FARMERS FROM DOMINATING THE SERVERS' ECONOMY!!!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Lol, some high quality admin right there.

To bad nobody has access to daybreak / EQ admin, or maybe something would get fixed.

Thank God they removed rat ears tho, that shit was ruining the game for everyone

• 2Worf

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

This is basically correct, the dupe is not happening anymore but the plat is still around and some was stashed away. They took a little break from pushing really hard mostly because the krono became hard to get sold from their big krono reseller on EC Tunnel. But things really picked up a few weeks ago in the krono market and they started pushing the duped plat again into the markets to get back to selling krono. Now the krono (ec tunnel) and plat to krono market is getting over serviced again.

These servers were always going to have a "difficult" krono situation on the bazaar because they naturally generate more plat than most servers. However with the plat dupe it has super charged what the bazaar will become surely in a few weeks.

Now I dont think people fully understand the scale. These amount of plat duped pales in comparison to my plat generation. But lets say for the sake of argument if mine was 1 million a day which would be on the very high end of what I could do. These people injected 500ish million in 30 days. It would take me about 500 days to inject the economy with a similar amount of plat.

So ya the 500+ million injected per server is a big deal.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
It's whatever, a plat dupe doesn't seem that big of a deal. If they're buying up krono - whos going to buy it at the prices they're going to sell it for? Most likely they're just hoarding it or selling it on EC Tunnel and in that case they are kind of resolving the issue with the economy themselves (aka converting duped plat into $$ but that $$ cost is always static.) I don't care if BIS VT or PoP+ items go for 50KR+ cause I'm already smacking fools with raid gear bought at around 1KR.

People that haven't missed a GiG raid and have amassed plat seem like the ones who will be affected the most. There will always be a market of ~1KR raid gear on Mischief.

• 1Potato

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's whatever, a plat dupe doesn't seem that big of a deal. If they're buying up krono - whos going to buy it at the prices they're going to sell it for? Most likely they're just hoarding it or selling it on EC Tunnel and in that case they are kind of resolving the issue with the economy themselves (aka converting duped plat into $$ but that $$ cost is always static.) I don't care if BIS VT or PoP+ items go for 50KR+ cause I'm already smacking fools with raid gear bought at around 1KR.

People that haven't missed a GiG raid and have amassed plat seem like the ones who will be affected the most. There will always be a market of ~1KR raid gear on Mischief.

Found the duper

• 1Like
  • 1Worf