EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
faster unlocks equals less krono consumed over the course of the server and also means less boxes leveled which again means less krono consumed.

1 month of classic and 2 months of kunark was awful for people boxing.

the exp needs to be drastically increased or they need to allow people to start at level 30-40.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
What are you talking about? Nauseating as in too fast or too slow? If you think it's too fast I don't really know what to tell you, I think you're wrong. If you think it's too slow... why come at me? I've always been a loud advocate for fast unlocks even going back to combine and me disputing the minimum there.

I thought i going into the server i would like Selo speed expansions better. After having done Mischief for a bit now i much prefer it's unlock schedule. On Selo i felt like i couldn't take a break for more then a day or 2 without falling behind and didn't feel like i could make alts i wanted. On Mischief i feel like i can take a couple weeks off every expansion and still have time for alts, but at the same time it doesn't feel like expansion drag on forever like Phinny/RF.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
faster unlocks equals less krono consumed over the course of the server and also means less boxes leveled which again means less krono consumed.

1 month of classic and 2 months of kunark was awful for people boxing.

the exp needs to be drastically increased or they need to allow people to start at level 30-40.
Pardon me if I say this, but I couldn't give a fuck if Daybreak gets more Krono. They should be able to pay expenses and then some for EQ on the existing profits they make 10 times over.

A team of 40 takes maybe $1mil a year to pay. They don't pay well to begin with ($50k -> $110k depending on role for most 'grunt workers') and I'd be surprised if they're 'in the red'.

Quite honestly, more people would play live if they started over from LDoN and made content from there. None of this whole Discord storyline, just continue Trost/McQuaid/Smedley's direction in design and direction further.

A persistent, living, breathing world using DikuMUD-ish mechanics that they wanted to create is now possible more now than ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I thought i going into the server i would like Selo speed expansions better. After having done Mischief for a bit now i much prefer it's unlock schedule. On Selo i felt like i couldn't take a break for more then a day or 2 without falling behind and didn't feel like i could make alts i wanted. On Mischief i feel like i can take a couple weeks off every expansion and still have time for alts, but at the same time it doesn't feel like expansion drag on forever like Phinny/RF.
The Mischief loot system is exactly what Selo needed to not feel that way. If instead of half lockouts mobs were just dropping 2-4x loot it would have felt much more relaxed.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Pardon me if I say this, but I couldn't give a fuck if Daybreak gets more Krono. They should be able to pay expenses and then some for EQ on the existing profits they make 10 times over.

A team of 40 takes maybe $1mil a year to pay. They don't pay well to begin with ($50k -> $110k depending on role for most 'grunt workers') and I'd be surprised if they're 'in the red'.

Quite honestly, more people would play live if they started over from LDoN and made content from there. None of this whole Discord storyline, just continue Trost/McQuaid/Smedley's direction in design and direction further.

A persistent, living, breathing world using DikuMUD-ish mechanics that they wanted to create is now possible more now than ever.
I mean, we are talking about the company that everyone openly admits allows rampant botting on TLPs because... the botters consume a shit ton of krono. So, I think it's a pretty valid argument that daybreak doesn't give a flying fuck what you care about either. They care about what gets more krono sold/consumed.

If they cared about the customer, then the botting wouldn't be on TLPs.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like far too many people discount the double loot mischief enjoys, Zaide Zaide . Would it be even close to as popular as it is if it was simply just random? I really question this.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

What? Even ignoring things like benefits and unemployment insurance that adds an extra 30%-40% that a company has to pay over the employees actual salary, $1mil/40 = $25,000

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
What? Even ignoring things like benefits and unemployment insurance that adds an extra 30%-40% that a company has to pay over the employees actual salary, $1mil/40 = $25,000

They may aswell outsource their customer service to India at this stage.

Those scammers have more engaging scripts than Daybreak GMs copy pasta response.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Math's a bit off because they hire for more than just EQ. EQ also makes much much more than 1mil a year. It's widely known that Daybreak hires for more than just EQ when they do hire, especially when it comes to CSR, programming talent, etc. Their core programmers / tech folks are shared between all their games. (ie; jchan and their core programming.)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I feel like far too many people discount the double loot mischief enjoys, Zaide Zaide . Would it be even close to as popular as it is if it was simply just random? I really question this.
Every kill feels like you’re hitting the jackpot. I think Velious mobs range from 2-4 loot rolls per kill. We have 40-50 T1 kills coming between now and Luclin which means potentially 160-200 T1 kills worth of loot in two weeks. On top of this you’ve got two GDKP guilds and a ton of box farmers dumping T1 loot into the economy at cheap prices.

Imagine getting 200 kills of Tunare/KT/AoW/CT/Vulak in two weeks.

I am really excited to see how Luclin raids feel when you’ve got 6 tanks with over 7000hp in each split.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
These servers are pretty amazing when here we are 6 weeks into velious and basically outside of a few chase pieces of vulak loot like the robe, xaves, and valtrons everything else is rotting. It feels bad when you go to a KT kill and get 2 AoW's and 2 tunares. So so spoiled with the loot drops. And then anything you want is basically readily available on the market and prices dropping low enough where even the best items are under 10kr.
Add to that we can send items we are way overloaded with to the other server and basically just swap them for things we are missing. So good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody still have spells to sell? Need some of the high level Shaman stuff like Canni 4, Torpor, Avatar, Focus of Spirit, Talismans, etc.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Bunch of beta cucks still playing through some tlp server for the 23rd time.

• 1Faggotry

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bunch of beta cucks still playing through some tlp server for the 23rd time.
1632675506258.gif

• 1Worf