EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully everything will be broken af and Level 1 snakes drop CoF. Just fun mayhem without rollbacks.
Servers already been rolled back and it hasnt even launched yet! Just got defiant gear and CoF off an orc pawn.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Agree with all you said but this. Rangers are they absolute god tier tanks for XP groups in OoW+DoN ect. Rangers who gear properly easily tank all the content but having a Ranger tank over an SK is like adding another DPS to the group.
This sort of argument really just feels like pissing in the wind. Can a ranger tank it, sure. Is a ranger tanking it more efficient than some warrior tank who can manhandle 4 mobs in camp at once while the ranger is out pulling more and the dps are aoeing shit down? No. I've done OoW+Don with druid tanks, cleric tanks, necros tanks, pet tanks, but often the efficiency of pulling is more important, and with a strong tank and group you don't have to spend the time daintily wondering "can he handle this dumpster fire of a pull?" A good tank can. Anyone can tank gay ass pulls at that point in the game, but a real group aint doing shit like that.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Ogre shaman or Gnome necro?

I primarily solo but am sometimes social. Leaning necro because I love FD so much. SK maybe?

Race change gnome at kunark to iksar, ofc.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Maining a shaman in the early eras is probably the worst thing you can do for your mental health.

That said I'm maining a shaman for launch I think.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Maining a shaman in the early eras is probably the worst thing you can do for your mental health.
TBH, shaman isn't THAT bad first expansion. Wonder if spells enter the random loot territory. Shamans actually start getting good with torpor.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
best part about shaman is getting asked by dps for dex and agility buffs.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Sterling Sterling agrees with this statement
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Never race change from Gnome. If you're playing a class that can be a gnome and choose another race you're objectively wrong.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Never race change from Gnome. If you're playing a class that can be a gnome and choose another race you're objectively wrong.
I knew this would rustle some jimmies lol. I might keep it for tinkering, we'll see.

I've never done a shaman outside boxing but the lack of escape options as a solo player might be frustrating. I have never tried soloing one. I am trying to avoid reddit.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I knew this would rustle some jimmies lol. I might keep it for tinkering, we'll see.

I've never done a shaman outside boxing but the lack of escape options as a solo player might be frustrating. I have never tried soloing one. I am trying to avoid reddit.

1. Keep Gate memorized.
2. Don't be afraid to ruuuuuuuuun

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Most shamans are box clones so you don't see it, but they are actually fairly decent solers. Their damage is respectable, and they can root rot a lot of times. cannibalism reduces down times a lot, and especially once you get torpor+slow, you can typically just face tank stuff with little issue. Even when they can't, they typically can kite well enough to widdle down even tough stuff, with their chain armor and good AC helping them take hits better than cloth/leather classes. They're definitely better than most, but not a top tier solo class.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Another jimmie rustler I'm sure. Ogre or Troll? Lot of conflicting opinions about the usefulness of frontal stun(bash?) immunity. Figured into Kunark it would be a better option over regen. Am I correct?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Another jimmie rustler I'm sure. Ogre or Troll? Lot of conflicting opinions about the usefulness of frontal stun(bash?) immunity. Figured into Kunark it would be a better option over regen. Am I correct?
A shaman who plans to solo will take hits. Frontal stun immunity can be a benefit in that situation. Overall it's probably minor benefit when you consider slow and what not. You wouldn't be making a mistake going for troll.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shamans can solo fine. Just realize you will have descent downtime medding. Aviak City was a good solo spot as was East Karana. Anyplace outside with ample running as DoT kiting is your method.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Shamans can solo fine. Just realize you will have descent downtime medding. Aviak City was a good solo spot as was East Karana. Anyplace outside with ample running as DoT kiting is your method.
Snare neck still a thing for Troll?

Ridas

Pay to play forum
best part about shaman is getting asked by dps for dex and agility buffs.
Best Shamans. Spend all their mana to buff every member in the group with every aviable buff. APM through the roof and very usefull in case I want to stab someone with my dagger.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Snare neck still a thing for Troll?
A lot of times root works, and shaman get a particularly effective/fast aa root later on. If you must snare, there's a groupable snare weapon in ct 2.0. I had one, but pretty much never bothered. I think theres a few raid drop ones that most people consider trash as well. In areas where npcs are autistc about sowing themselves, i just tended to pull with dispel when I played shaman.

• 1Like