EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't know who needs to know this but autism settled the agility argument a long time ago. There is no parsable difference above 75. The stat does nothing. Do not itemize for it. Do no not spend character creation points on it. Do not use agility buffs on people.

edit - if you're an Erudite that would otherwise enter the game with 70 agility you can bump it to 75. That actually does make a difference when you're showing up naked.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I don't know who needs to know this but autism settled the agility argument a long time ago. There is no parsable difference above 75. The stat does nothing. Do not itemize for it. Do no not spend character creation points on it. Do not use agility buffs on people.

edit - if you're an Erudite that would otherwise enter the game with 70 agility you can bump it to 75. That actually does make a difference when you're showing up naked.
I was gonna say, I think I have to put 5 in for Ogre Shaman as well *eep*

Sterling

El Presidente

Ogre starts under 75 as well.

rad

Lord of Guk
Maining a shaman in the early eras is probably the worst thing you can do for your mental health.

1c508ca4c0e5991acefb26214c912e00.gif

God class

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Once they get Torpor they are solo gods, group gods (just due to slow alone), they get the best dots in the game, best buffs.

Its a cool class but do one raid with 50 melee players all asking you for a useless DEX buff and you want to kill yourself.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

rad

Lord of Guk
Slow, Canni and Torpor. If you can slow it you can probably solo it.

You have near infinite uptime if you cycle correctly and the tools to deal with any situation. My favorite class by a huge margin but you need to be very active to maximize.

To Bobby's point, in raid you're pretty much ALWAYS doing something, assuming you're not trash. (also listening to monks bitch why they should get Avatar over the other monkey)

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I see raiding as a early game shaman like visiting Vegas. It's fun for a little while but then you start to notice all the shitty people around you and there's so much noise directed at you constantly so you just wanna go home.

A good shaman's reward for responding to buff tells and shit is that they get... more buff tells, because the DPS/Tanks quickly realize that the slacker shit shamans don't buff them so they don't even bother trying. The end result is that most good shaman's end up quitting because fuck that noise and then you get the 3-4 mouthbreathers that actually give dps agility buffs and run out of mana as a result.

God-tier group/duo/solo class though, no argument there. The revamped poison dots make them one of the best DPS racing classes early game which is going to be even more valuable on this server with such a high named priority all the time.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm sold. My closet bud in original EQ was a shaman and I was a monk. I also don't have a problem saying no. I would also like to think most of the player base is already going to know the buffs are mostly worthless and maybe won't ask? lol, silly I know.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I see raiding as a early game shaman like visiting Vegas. It's fun for a little while but then you start to notice all the shitty people around you and there's so much noise directed at you constantly so you just wanna go home.
That's the good and bad of shamans. I think of them more like the double shifter that keeps things going. It takes a lot of work to be a really good shaman. You are constantly casting spells 100% of the time, but it's also the class where people are least likely to see that. A shaman who works hard can compensate for a lot of things going wrong. They can switch to fill almost any roll a group needs on short notice, and do it well enough for the group to survive.

• 1Like

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had people who proudly told the guild how fucking good at the game they were, asking for AGI/DEX buffs all day long. It was so annoying I just pretended to be afk half the time.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Any deity or faction issues for Ogre Shaman?

And completely unrelated, why can't I attach BMP?!?!

Many thanks. Brings back memories of Raster camp on monk with shaman. We were there nonstop for what felt like days but was probably just overnight ;)

EQ000056.jpg

May 27, 2001 3:07AM making coin art...those were the days.

wtfnobmp.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I had people who proudly told the guild how fucking good at the game they were, asking for AGI/DEX buffs all day long. It was so annoying I just pretended to be afk half the time.
give them low level agi buffs and see if they even notice.

Sterling

El Presidente
Hey my wizard has a weapon with a proc, I demand a dex buff.

Eventually they add actual mod2s to agi/dex buffs, but that's pretty far down the line.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Any deity or faction issues for Ogre Shaman?
Ogre is the min/max choice. Chad shamans don't care about pulling aggro with slow because ya know... the mob is now slowed and can be healed through with minimum healing. Avoiding spell interruptions is >>>>>> than the mediocre HP regen bonus of trolls. I don't think Ogre's can do the Iksar Shaman cudgel line so you can't get the weird clicky buff prior to the VP hammer (though this buff is pretty meh outside of powerleveling), the quest is also complete balls to do so that's really a bonus IMO. Barbarians can do the FV quest for Dithgar's Defender for the same buff but again, mediocre buff and the VP hammer is now tradeable so.

Ogres can only pick Rallos Zek as a deity so ez option there. Those that haven't played EQ in a bit there is now a really handy /faction window available ingame so you can check your faction with a lot of places from anywhere. Ogre's are KOS basically everywhere in classic minus Oggok/Grobb/Neriak but shamans have invis starting at 28 so it's not too bad. You can use the Freeport banker as long as you stay out of LOS of the guards. With 1 month of classic faction means very little outside of the initial rush of leveling before you get invis.

Ogre/Trolls can do the Lost Koada'Dal Forces quest for their version of a shield which statwise is pretty fuckin legit. The clicky effect is VERY misleading. It's a splurt effect that starts at 1 damage and increments by about 2 per tick, with an initial 100dmg DD. If the fight lasts for the full 2min duration it might be worth casting but yeah.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
This sort of argument really just feels like pissing in the wind. Can a ranger tank it, sure. Is a ranger tanking it more efficient than some warrior tank

A Ranger can tank efficiently enough to the point where you're never gonna need med breaks or need to worry about bad pulls. The Bard/healer/Ranger 3x melee DPS group is better then the Bard/Healer/Warrior +3 melee DPS group. The Ranger group does all the same content just faster. Anguish Aug runs are probably the only thing I'd rather have a Warrior/Knight for and even then a Ranger tank is still fine.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
20+ years and you are all still having arguments about content/classes that has been basic knowledge for anyone with the normal amount of chromosomes.

EQ #1.

• 1Worf