EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Im still going with this being a daybreak operation. Lucky for me I saw the crash happening with or without dupes mid velious and got a nice boost to my brokerage account <3

It's also not really out of the question to see people dumping massive plat into krono, further exacerbating the price if the playerbase is seeing massive krono price inflation, nobody would hold plat with such massive inflation happening.

With the crypto taxes maybe affecting Krono I would really put it on daybreak trying to exercise those krono and not get into a pretty big tax issue with the IRS.

It was discussed a while back how daybreak was apparently not having to claim income until krono was used or some such in some accounting kung fu but who knows for sure.

Same person who said don't believe a plat dupe till you see proof????

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm sure people just killed a lot of extra hill giants and sirens to inject hundreds of millions of plat more than is normal at this point of a server's lifespan.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm sure people just killed a lot of extra hill giants and sirens to inject hundreds of millions of plat more than is normal at this point of a server's lifespan.

Somehow 7-9 times the amount of plat was injected into the economy with similar player numbers and less plat farmers. Comparing Mangler to Mischief/Thornblade combined.

Sterling

El Presidente
Somehow 7-9 times the amount of plat was injected into the economy with similar player numbers and less plat farmers. Comparing Mangler to Mischief/Thornblade combined.
maybe variance just went the way of more 30 plat giants than 5 plat giants. did you think of that?!?!

Xevy

Log Wizard
It was the extra abundance of Adamantite Epaulets that were dropping all being vendored for almost 300p each, IDIOTS!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Do you guys not realize with the excess loot that there are droppable items that sell for HUNDREDS OF PLAT IN KUNARK ALONE!?! DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT, HUH!?!

Aren't there some pretty big plat sinks coming with GoD? That should put a little pressure on Krono prices as well or are we under the impression that the plat dupe is still in existence?

Sterling

El Presidente
Do you guys not realize with the excess loot that there are droppable items that sell for HUNDREDS OF PLAT IN KUNARK ALONE!?! DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT, HUH!?!

Aren't there some pretty big plat sinks coming with GoD? That should put a little pressure on Krono prices as well or are we under the impression that the plat dupe is still in existence?
i mean goat armor is a thing, but it won't be anywhere near enough to offset this wild shit.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've long suspected that they were a front with the whole Jason Epstein / Columbus Nova thing, under the guise of an actual gaming company. SOE likely sold them off initially as they seemed like a good prospect for a dying studio. I doubt it's actually a laundering front anymore after the EG7 sale, though, but they're likely dealing with the financial consequences of having been under one, such as the introduction of a currency they can't quickly get rid of (Krono) and its tax implications.

It's a far-flung conspiracy, and why I am (and honestly, was back then) concerned for people like Jenn Chan and other studio heads at Rogue Planet / Dimensional Ink / SSG etc. I don't think they're quite 'in on it', and everyone below wouldn't have knowledge of shady dealings either. Nor do I think they care too much as long as they're employed and continue to be. It's a job, even if it's for shady Russian oligarchs.

And who would blame Sony for doing the CN sale, when Dave "Gaia Online" Georgeson was tanking the entire company and had one of the biggest bunches of engineering talent in his hand, and couldn't manage to pull off managing EQN while supporting and not hindering their big titles?

Renova Group / CN was really inclined to let the game die for money, and given that they had direct ties to the Russia investigation (Columbus Nova being named in the Trump tax investigation) and it reeked of laundering when it came to taxes. You'll never see current or former developers openly admitting that their company was a money laundering front for fear of retaliation, and tbh, I doubt most of them didn't know or didn't care.

EG7 is more of a... IDK, gaming-centric company lead by Swedish entrepreneurs and not Renova Group / Columbus Novia / Innova Russian oligarchs? I also posted that before EG7 acquired the full stake. With EG7 acquiring them, I'm a bit more hopeful for the direction of EQ as they're backed by a company that can fund them and, for the most part, seems to be putting its money in the right places. PlanetSide 2 just acquired some phenomenal talent and seems to be progressing in an upwards trend.

IMO, the sale could be the Russian front's way of 'handing the game off' with the sale and wiping their hands clean of the game.

At most, Jenn Chan had to just play along because she actually cares about EQ and realizes the control of the game by Russian money laundering fronts is above her paygrade. She seems like the type that probably has a backlog of pet projects she wants the team to do like the 64-bit upgrade, a proper 'new eq' game, etc... Not the frontwoman for a money laundering operation. She also lets teams 'own' their games, even if they fail on their own merit, like imo what EQ2 is doing under their design direction.

Side note: EQ and specifically Daybreak as a whole has actually one of the most diverse teams in industry, unironically.

They have a 3-woman generalist programming team that seems to be doing pretty fucking good considering the size and scope of their games. It's mainly because they seem to be hiring the people best suited to the job, instead of caring about their gender or other unrelated attributes, they focus on the quality of the work they put out. You wouldn't even know a majority of EQ's code was programmed by 3 women for the last 5+ years unless you were told that directly, and I think that speaks volumes on how good they're doing compared to the rest of the industry who hires based on appearance instead of talent... (looking directly at you Blizz)

So what you're saying is... if I want to work at Blizzard, I should dye my hair pink and identify as fabulous?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
So what you're saying is... if I want to work at Blizzard, I should dye my hair pink and identify as fabulous?
They're committed to hiring 50% more pink haired fabulous people than normal, so yes, that means 50% of their hired positions would be excluding non-diverse hires, which actually should be illegal if you can prove you were rejected from the job because of your skin color, sexuality, gender identity or otherwise.

Problem is proving it. You'd have to have insider knowledge, which no one will have.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
They're committed to hiring 50% more pink haired fabulous people than normal, so yes, that means 50% of their hired positions would be excluding non-diverse hires, which actually should be illegal if you can prove you were rejected from the job because of your skin color, sexuality, gender identity or otherwise.

Problem is proving it. You'd have to have insider knowledge, which no one will have.
You'll never get a job here if you keep it up.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody ever use any of the PL services? How reliable are they? If you don't want to out yourself as a dirty boomer, feel free to PM me. I need to get my Bard to 60 and won't have time next week to grind out 57-60, but I don't want to lose my precious Kroners.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I used one right before the exp bonus ended. It was fine. Definitely low ball whatever their asking price is, especially if you’re going to use a 4 hour pot. I offered like 40% asking and I’m not sure they even countered.

edit: that being said we still have a few weeks before PoP and I’ve since leisurely farmed 2-3x the amount of AA I got from it just while playing from work.

playerone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anybody ever use any of the PL services? How reliable are they? If you don't want to out yourself as a dirty boomer, feel free to PM me. I need to get my Bard to 60 and won't have time next week to grind out 57-60, but I don't want to lose my precious Kroners.

yes message robnice hes very reliable and good at it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user