EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The only problem with Classic is Sky. It's just shitty for a lot of classes. Either you can't land shit, you're taking DTs or you're constantly rebuffing people that took DTs. Waiting on Keeper blows and the mega Spiroc Lord and Sister farms are so fucking lame but it's how you get the gear so its what you do.

For me the expansion that has lost the most shine is Velious. It has not held up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For me the expansion that has lost the most shine is Velious. It has not held up.
100% agree with this. Luckily my life seems to always end up becoming super busy when Velious launches so I never play it anymore. Kunark always seems to get the short end of the stick. Ya the raids are minimal but the leveling zones are fun and always get skipped over.

• 1Like

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only problem with Classic is Sky. It's just shitty for a lot of classes. Either you can't land shit, you're taking DTs or you're constantly rebuffing people that took DTs. Waiting on Keeper blows and the mega Spiroc Lord and Sister farms are so fucking lame but it's how you get the gear so its what you do.

Instead of focusing on AoW every week we got to the point of splitting the raid to be able to run multiple Tormax for more T1 loot. Cheese, and I agree completely about Velious. I don't think we ever cleared ntov in under 3.5 hours. I basically only played to raid or farm gems with friends.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yah Velious back in the day felt like peak EQ, but now I absolutely can't stand that expansion. Its the point in time where being a solo player you just run out of options. There feels like nothing to do (or nothing you CAN do) without a raid. Even 2-3 boxing feels weak.

• 1Like

Ryoz

<Donor>
Have a bit of dilemma hopefully you TLP vets can help with. As a casual player/raider, I've been able to stay on top of content pretty easily on Mischief. I can typically raid once, maybe twice a week. The guild I'm in raids 4 days a week (sometimes 5 if they decided to add an extra day) but has no minimum req for earning/spending dkp. The schedule hasn't really been an issue so far, but now that I'm looking at the guild's schedule for PoP flagging, I'm worried I'll fall behind. They are hoping to setup an arrangement with other guilds for back flagging, or recommend sharing account info, neither of which gives me a great deal of comfort. I'm wondering whether I should look for a guild that has a more casual schedule. I really don't want to be on the sidelines while ele gods are being pummeled.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Any zones worth your time for experience (Fire, Water, Earth) are easy to back flag if there is room for you to piggyback in. I expect there will be pickup raids for the earlier zones a few weeks into the expansion, so don't feel pressured to buy a hail (the general opinion is that's scummy and some guilds will give them away for free a few weeks into the expansion just to piss off the sellers). In addition, there are several smaller groups of boxers who will probably let you tag along if all you want is a hail, assuming you aren't going to be dead weight or make things worse.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Temple of Droga.
I thought Droga/Nurga revamps don't happen until LDoN?
Hot take: Velious was always a shitty expansion. It had HORRIBLE dungeons for leveling that are out in bumbfuck nowhere and had shitty mechanics like massive amounts of water(SG), traps (DoN), "events" (ToFS), etc. (Velk's only gets love now because they made massive changes to its exp mod). Tons of faction grinding/gem farming, long, boring ass raids (PoGrowth trash clearing sure was a hoot). It just never got noticed because most "normies" were still fucking about in Classic or Kunark zones. People thought it was "omg awesome", because they saw folks like Triton, FoH, etc. bringing back hauls of loot and assumed it must be amazing. Repeated TLPs show what a dogshit expansion that was - not surprisingly, it had a LOT of apprentice level designers on it, just like Luclin did.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Velious is great for me because of the nostalgia. It came out right around Christmas and life was good. I still hear Mrs.Jackson or One Armed Scissor in my head as I run around Thurg or Kael.

I’ll always love the snow.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have a bit of dilemma hopefully you TLP vets can help with. As a casual player/raider, I've been able to stay on top of content pretty easily on Mischief. I can typically raid once, maybe twice a week. The guild I'm in raids 4 days a week (sometimes 5 if they decided to add an extra day) but has no minimum req for earning/spending dkp. The schedule hasn't really been an issue so far, but now that I'm looking at the guild's schedule for PoP flagging, I'm worried I'll fall behind. They are hoping to setup an arrangement with other guilds for back flagging, or recommend sharing account info, neither of which gives me a great deal of comfort. I'm wondering whether I should look for a guild that has a more casual schedule. I really don't want to be on the sidelines while ele gods are being pummeled.

We (Elf Sim) only raid Fridays and Sundays since the majority of leadership play somewhere else too. If you need something that casual let me know and I can PM you a draft of the planned schedule. ( We don't plan to be in time until January, but some things may go faster. )

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where are the best places to grind 65 at launch? It’s been a really long time since I’ve played PoP.

Since competition from other players is usually the biggest issue on launch day, popping any DZs you can will give you some stress free private zones to clear. A full clear of Griegs, Seru, and AC trash will give you a good chunk of XP and it beats the hell out of waiting for respawns in a busy open world zone.

A half decent guild should do Manic Behemoth and Grummus in the first few days and that will open Crypt of Decay and Tactics to you, which are decent zones to grind in.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Classic is awesome, I can’t understand the general dislike for it.
I've always really enjoyed classic as well. While I didn't like the idea of instancing at first, it's a nice QoL since it's not like a group gets their own private instance with all the camps, I personally really enjoy splitting camps and seeing groups roll through dungeons. That is one thing I have never enjoyed about WoW or other MMO's is the closed, instanced dungeons. Dead horse I know, but it takes a large part of the MMO experience when I can just sit in one place, interact with a piece of the UI (Dungeon Finder), and spam a private zone over and over again. I might as well play Diablo.....

Anyway, Classic and PoP were and still are my favorites but I do agree about Velious. Outside of raiding, I goof around in Velks and that's about it. You could have probably taken the good pieces of Velious and added them to Everfrost/Perma/Halas and just make those zones a little more exciting

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Prioritize your PoJ trial and Hedge Maze.

Joining a more casual guild like the Elf Sim mentioned by Vlett is probably a good idea.

Getting Plane of Storms items is easy now, it can be done with 1 - 2 groups. If you pop a DZ you can usually key 12 people per clear.

Even if you don't have full flags, you can usually get piggied in. Once they are on Elementals / Time there are backflag pieces which drop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I've resigned myself into not attempting to be the first 65 on the server. I have up around 2700 pieces of planar armor but I'd have to miss some flagging to actually turn all that shit in. Still gonna time myself when I do turn it in, though!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've resigned myself into not attempting to be the first 65 on the server. I have up around 2700 pieces of planar armor but I'd have to miss some flagging to actually turn all that shit in. Still gonna time myself when I do turn it in, though!

I don't even....

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
When does PoP go live?

I haven't been logging in lately to Everquest. Not sure why really. Just been burned out a bit I guess. That and all of my MMO friends all have been playing New World.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
When does PoP go live?

I haven't been logging in lately to Everquest. Not sure why really. Just been burned out a bit I guess. That and all of my MMO friends all have been playing New World.
Wednesday 5pm est next week.