EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
The platinum dupe sources were banned today btw.
I hope this at least begins to stop the bleeding. Another complete buyout of 200+ krono was done this morning spiking prices to 250k, hoping it was the last major price blast - but very well could be an unbanned accounts way of saying "haha, you didn't get all of me!".

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I've resigned myself into not attempting to be the first 65 on the server. I have up around 2700 pieces of planar armor but I'd have to miss some flagging to actually turn all that shit in. Still gonna time myself when I do turn it in, though!

Yo you said you wouldn't talk about this openly. I R MAD

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yo you said you wouldn't talk about this openly. I R MAD
If people haven't been collecting by now there's no chance they'll have enough time to get enough to matter. And there's definitely even less chance that the company is going to nerf this when they're trying their best to shit out an expansion that isn't totally broken at launch.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
If people haven't been collecting by now there's no chance they'll have enough time to get enough to matter. And there's definitely even less chance that the company is going to nerf this when they're trying their best to shit out an expansion that isn't totally broken at launch.

Bruh you know who Frenzic is?

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
Yep, wanting and getting are the same.
Well, if you login to the bazaar you will see several people auctioning WTB at 220k+ (at least there were this morning). This happens every time a complete buyout of krono occurs, the price jumps up a ton, then goes back down a little. Yesterday morning krono were being sold at 195k pretty regularly, I imagine after this boost is over, the cheapest you will see krono will be in the 220s.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Ok... so, who's going to go over to the forums and post about the dupers getting banned because... after the massive "there was no dupe" campaign on the official forums, this is going to be a glorious eruption of "I told you so" when it comes out there was in fact a dupe. The forums are going to be lit. I really should have stocked up on popcorn.

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
Um nah it gives like .00001% don't do it
I've actually been saving since Kunark to do these turn ins with a similar goal (I have thousands of pieces as well). Unfortunately I found out while on live you get 1-2% per turn in, on TLPs you get about 0.2% exp (which I can only imagine will drop as you get closer to 65). This of course varies depending on piece, BPs give slightly more.

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
Ok... so, who's going to go over to the forums and post about the dupers getting banned because... after the massive "there was no dupe" campaign on the official forums, this is going to be a glorious eruption of "I told you so" when it comes out there was in fact a dupe. The forums are going to be lit. I really should have stocked up on popcorn.
For anyone to accept anything on the live forums they would need at minimum screenshots/video of this happening or an official dev/mod making a statement about it. While I personally trust Zaide information on this as I see there being no incentive for him to lie, others are going to demand some burden of truth outside word of mouth, despite the credibility of those making the claims.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, if you login to the bazaar you will see several people auctioning WTB at 220k+ (at least there were this morning). This happens every time a complete buyout of krono occurs, the price jumps up a ton, then goes back down a little. Yesterday morning krono were being sold at 195k pretty regularly, I imagine after this boost is over, the cheapest you will see krono will be in the 220s.
Well, I guess if all you are interested is in buying krono so you can sell them on the grey market, that would be a problem. But, if you have krono and want to convert it to plat, you sure get a good deal now.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
A glorious campaign of misinformation.

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
Well, I guess if all you are interested is in buying krono so you can sell them on the grey market, that would be a problem. But, if you have krono and want to convert it to plat, you sure get a good deal now.
The problem is not being able to buy krono, krono price is nothing more of a reflection of how much platinum is circulating within the economy (as in general, the demand and supply of krono in the economy is relatively static to other ingame resources). People base the price they sell items for on what the current price of krono is. Every other expansion on Mischief, high end items that sold in the first couple weeks of the expansion launch sold for mere fractions of the what they were selling for the week leading into the next expansion. We are 6 days out from PoP, and prices of top end items are being sold (and bought) for 2-3x+ of what they sold for the first 2 weeks of Luclin. The rapid hyperflation of platinum in Luclin has made platinum/vendor drops of group mobs absolutely negligible/worthless due to the insane volume of platinum pumped into the economy by buyouts of all krono on a particular day, pumping 50M pp into the economy on every iteration.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I've actually been saving since Kunark to do these turn ins with a similar goal (I have thousands of pieces as well). Unfortunately I found out while on live you get 1-2% per turn in, on TLPs you get about 0.2% exp (which I can only imagine will drop as you get closer to 65). This of course varies depending on piece, BPs give slightly more.

Yeah, you have to account for the live XP rate or will be waaaay low. If you actually have thousands, you should be okay to hit 65 on one person. Using some other quest rewards as a model, you can testcopy and figure out the difference between test and Mischief and then simply apply that reduction to the armor turn-in amount from test. You have to account for the declining XP return going from 61 to 65, but fortunately I had 65 level data from my Mangler days. Different pieces do give different amounts, but it's grouped (bp/legs are the best, arms/boots are next best, then wrist/head/hands).

Besides XP, I also wanted to get the blue diamonds to finish off my tradeskill push to 300. Fuck paying 1-2k for a blue diamond now.

M Mrniceguy No, I have no idea who Frenzic is.

Sterling

El Presidente
someone should red wine to 65 for science. 1-40 was ~ 92k? plat during bonus. i'd have to dig up my notes for a more exact figure.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
someone should red wine to 65 for science.
Bill Murray Film GIF

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users