EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure thats pretty much what selos did when they caught up to live. Think they merged with a different server than FV, but all the custom rulesets went bye bye

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This for sure?...

Because that's depressing.

But not surprising
I wouldn’t say it’s for sure because DPG will buckle on anything if we cry loud enough. The problem is by the time we are near live there will be 5-10 newer TLPs for them to care about and like 60 active players on Mischief which isn’t enough for them to care about it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure thats pretty much what selos did when they caught up to live. Think they merged with a different server than FV, but all the custom rulesets went bye bye
But Selo's didn't really have any other "alternate" rulesets, except accelerated EXP/unlocks, right?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I wouldn’t say it’s for sure because DPG will buckle on anything if we cry loud enough. The problem is by the time we are near live there will be 5-10 newer TLPs for them to care about and like 60 active players on Mischief which isn’t enough for them to care about it.

Yeah, I get the why, I just think it's a poor choice as it is easily the best ruleset I've played.

And a lot of people seem to agree.

Would rather them roll FV into mischief

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is really what they should do, tbh. I think the problem is that they don't want to have to "randomize" the live expansions every year.
Well, they'll eventually have to if they do another randomized server. But, given how rushed everything is for each expansion, I guess that would be one more thing they wouldn't want to do for the actual launch itself.

Sterling

El Presidente
Wiz and mage will die off more though.
Yeah. Rangers become melee and aren't no threat low effort turrets anymore but they're still fine. That's definitely where the dark times start for casters though. Meleequest it is.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mages are shit until sof and if you think a pet mitigates that you're gonna have a rough time. Also at least half your friends are gonna quit by or during the 70s so there's that to deal with too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Mages are shit until sof and if you think a pet mitigates that you're gonna have a rough time. Also at least half your friends are gonna quit by or during the 70s so there's that to deal with too.
But just think if you stick it out to 85 you get to be real powerful!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
What exactly turns the game into "meleequest" after PoP? Serious question, as I've never personally made it past GoD and don't know what sorts of changes were made to the game that apparently nerfed casters so badly.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What exactly turns the game into "meleequest" after PoP? Serious question, as I've never personally made it past GoD and don't know what sorts of changes were made to the game that apparently nerfed casters so badly.

It's just class balance and content design. In god it begins as physical dps see massive power spikes with new weapons while caster ancients are a tiny upgrade and focuses go 5-10% at best. It's not awful yet though, and god is a wide expansion with some encounters you may still shine on. Oow breaks it as new gear and especially 2.0s shoot physical damage up and its a very narrow expac with just anguish awesome and that zone is resist city. You see shit like warriors in full threat generation and ac loadouts crushing classes like wizard on parses. It's no better in the group game. You are basically trash.

In the meantime, meaningful solo content really deteriorates too, so the appeal of being self sufficient despite weaker in groups or raids loses its benefit. You probably aren't soloing the higher end random god loot, and definitely not mpg group trials or rss named, etc. People get shit done with at least a semi formed group, and casters in these groups blow compared to melee. The spells are more small upgrades, while gear based damage keeps rising exponentially.

In tss the gap is still there but less pronounced. Good new spells, but melee clearly still superior. In sof they finally let casters go hogwild and pets especially become awesome. Rangers become the best pullers somewhere around there 80 or 85 but their dps goes to shit and everyone is getting so many tools it doesn't really matter; imo phase your trueshot armies out by por at the latest.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's TSS skillcaps, SoF combat tables and the fact that you go multiple expansions at 65 and 70 where casters get like 5 percent more damage focus while melee get multiple expansions of new weapons, cleave, fero, heroic dex and heroic STR items. On top of that raid monsters are often immune to particular schools of spells.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Everybody flocks to rangers because they're EZMODE DPS in Luclin - PoP. They'll die off big time once GoD unlocks.

LMAO what Rangers are strong as fuck in GoD and the 70 expansions.

Casters are definitely behind in GoD, meleequest doesn't really start till the 70 Expos. Weapon ratios take a massive jump, Melee ADPS gets massive increases while casters get basically nothing.