EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Needless

Toe Sucker
if you wait for Project Quarm in a few days that server will have actual SSF stuff, but its going to be colossally slower than mischief and POP locked iirc.

otherwise its just scouts honor i believe lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
if you wait for Project Quarm in a few days that server will have actual SSF stuff, but its going to be colossally slower than mischief and POP locked iirc.

otherwise its just scouts honor i believe lol

Yeah I think im gonna get into Quarm but assume it will be much tougher, so wanted to do a test run hehe

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I was thinking of trying a SSF game, not sure what class.

Was gonna use this server since the loot makes it more doable.

How do you track SSF? Or prove you havent died? Or is it all scouts honor?

something I can fuck around with while im working

No way to track any of it, but it's also just a personal challenge that nobody else would care about so not sure what motivation you'd have to lie to yourself.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I'm going to have some extra time until ski season hits, is Project Quarm worth it or is there another TLP/Emu that's somewhere between EQ Vanilla & Velious?

I'm planning to run a Bard just because I love going fast.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this is happening...

1696983450689.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Now just give me Alternate Personas on the Mischief server, and all will be right in the world.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
HAHA literally no one obeyed those rules.

Funny to see an actual policy change though, likely realized they were 3-7 daying the same people over and over.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tons of people obeyed the rules in the sense they had real physical boxes.
I was doing two characters, and that was more than enough. But hell, didnt early classic Faceless have like 2-3 people that had like a full group of characters? I know one of the guys here put up pictures of all like 10 PC's or w/e. The only one that made me question whether they were boxes or he was using MQ was that one dude that stayed in TOV all the time with like two to three groups of characters. I'd be looking at Eyes and see a GM just sitting there watching him on multiple occasions. Im sure he was too, come to think of it. But not once did I ever see him eat a ban.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I was doing two characters, and that was more than enough. But hell, didnt early classic Faceless have like 2-3 people that had like a full group of characters? I know one of the guys here put up pictures of all like 10 PC's or w/e. The only one that made me question whether they were boxes or he was using MQ was that one dude that stayed in TOV all the time with like two to three groups of characters. I'd be looking at Eyes and see a GM just sitting there watching him on multiple occasions. Im sure he was too, come to think of it. But not once did I ever see him eat a ban.
A lot of people used physical boxes but then used some type of broadcasting software to help coordinate between those boxes. You could get a very powerful setup using just something like multiplicity. I used actual physical devices and USB pads and that was still super effective. Never underestimate EQ autism.

As long as you are present to respond to AFK checks and aren't doing obvious shit like warpingI don't think GMs do much and you only get checked if you get reported (imo). I was doing Hunter achievements in shit zones like Twilight Sea and I would set up my mage and Beastlord to rotate while spamming (using AutoHotKey) an in game pet kill macro. I had that going overnight and during some weekday time for weeks before I got an AFK check that I just happened to be around for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
A lot of people used physical boxes but then used some type of broadcasting software to help coordinate between those boxes. You could get a very powerful setup using just something like multiplicity. I used actual physical devices and USB pads and that was still super effective. Never underestimate EQ autism.

As long as you are present to respond to AFK checks and aren't doing obvious shit like warpingI don't think GMs do much and you only get checked if you get reported (imo). I was doing Hunter achievements in shit zones like Twilight Sea and I would set up my mage and Beastlord to rotate while spamming (using AutoHotKey) an in game pet kill macro. I had that going overnight and during some weekday time for weeks before I got an AFK check that I just happened to be around for.

We had Rand running around on Aradune before I quit, getting banned like once a month, every month for a week or so. Dude would have all 6 of his characters running through a zone and 5 of them auto-following the other.

"HoW DiD i EveR get BAnnEd!!?!?" he would ask in discord every time he got a 3 day or 7 day.

BRUH, I DUNNO? Maybe the fact that Everyone runs ShowEQ and you try to shove people off camps while you 6 box?

Nearly everyone else in the guild ran 3 characters with the random handful actually staying at the 2 character limit. I didn't like multi-boxing so I just ran Macroquest. Got told by guildies to use AHK and other shit to be safe and I just thought "If I'm gunna get banned for cheating, I'm might as well get mega banned". I even fucked up a macro I was working on and ended up broadcasting in a public channel for a couple lines before I hit my "Shut it down" button.

Never got banned.

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Them removing TrueBox back in PoP when I was using 3 potato laptops would've been badass. Hell, I would've even come back for GoD. But now? Meh, I'm over it. Waiting for Mischief 2.0.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Them removing TrueBox back in PoP when I was using 3 potato laptops would've been badass. Hell, I would've even come back for GoD. But now? Meh, I'm over it. Waiting for Mischief 2.0.
I'm somewhere in the middle about the whole boxing thing. People that have at least a second box going are so much further ahead of everyone else that it just doesnt make sense to do True Box in my opinion. With a magician, at minimum, I could solo camp a bunch of stuff that my warrior couldnt - giving me krono to spend on the warrior. In the busy times, I could sit my magician outside of the group and do all the magician stuff putting the group well ahead of other groups.

But on the flip side, Im not the biggest fan of people that have 4+ toons going. Not only does raid loot get messy when you're doing bosses at 3am that you couldnt otherwise do without the people multiboxing, but when they can lock down entire camps by themselves.. or even raid zones.. that just kind of fucks up the whole paradigm. I have no idea how they'll ever control it, as its pretty much an all or nothing thing. But it is what it is.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm somewhere in the middle about the whole boxing thing. People that have at least a second box going are so much further ahead of everyone else that it just doesnt make sense to do True Box in my opinion. With a magician, at minimum, I could solo camp a bunch of stuff that my warrior couldnt - giving me krono to spend on the warrior. In the busy times, I could sit my magician outside of the group and do all the magician stuff putting the group well ahead of other groups.

But on the flip side, Im not the biggest fan of people that have 4+ toons going. Not only does raid loot get messy when you're doing bosses at 3am that you couldnt otherwise do without the people multiboxing, but when they can lock down entire camps by themselves.. or even raid zones.. that just kind of fucks up the whole paradigm. I have no idea how they'll ever control it, as its pretty much an all or nothing thing. But it is what it is.
You're never going to stop it. True Box is a bullshit mechanism that a bunch of casuals cried for because they thought it'd stop "box armies" from camping Ghoulbane. It didn't and it won't.

So quit hurting the middle aged Dad who just wants to camp some GEBs after work without dealing with AFK Necros in his group, a Cleric watching Netflix, etc.

• 3Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I thought true box automatically got removed at TSS? Like they'd relax it (to 3) at OoW and then get rid of it at TSS. Thought that was on all TLPs. Unless I'm totally remembering wrong here. I got used to just keeping two spare laptops around.