EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Damn dude stop pretending to be an expert when you don't know shit. Banish undead is even higher level than frost storm, which takes a whopping 6 seconds to do full damage.

Before that you have lavastorm which is much more mana efficient than expel undead and does around 4x the damage.

Saying clerics can do great damage against undead is true. Saying they can do it faster or more mana efficiently than wizards is blatantly wrong.
So you're telling me you're gonna Lava Storm and do 1200 damage to the 1200 hp total froglok you're fighting? Nobody else is gonna do any damage in the time it takes to cast a rain and have 3 waves come out? Yeah nah bro you clearly just don't wanna admit you're wrong.

Sterling

El Presidente
Rains are awesome in xp groups when you have 2-4 mobs in a group by the tank, they're shit in xp groups if it's 1 mob at a time.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So you're telling me you're gonna Lava Storm and do 1200 damage to the 1200 hp total froglok you're fighting? Nobody else is gonna do any damage in the time it takes to cast a rain and have 3 waves come out? Yeah nah bro you clearly just don't wanna admit you're wrong.

Unless you're fighting a bunch of blues, which by your lack of knowledge shows you probably do, then they're have a lot more than 1200hp. Wans have ~1700hp, Zols have ~2500hp

Rains are awesome in xp groups when you have 2-4 mobs in a group by the tank, they're shit in xp groups if it's 1 mob at a time.

Not true at all. They're the most mana efficient even on a single mob. 1536hp for 243 mana single target is the most damaging and most efficient you get in classic. Only downside is the mob moving can get it out of the range of the spell and it can hurt you if you cast it too close.

Sterling

El Presidente
Unless you're fighting a bunch of blues, which by your lack of knowledge shows you probably do, then they're have a lot more than 1200hp. Wans have ~1700hp, Zols have ~2500hp

Not true at all. They're the most mana efficient even on a single mob. 1536hp for 243 mana single target is the most damaging and most efficient you get in classic. Only downside is the mob moving can get it out of the range of the spell and it can hurt you if you cast it too close.
Except that when the mob is basically deleted and you only got 2 waves in not so much. later on when mobs are beefier and they last longer then sure, but in those earlier zones where the mobs have like 2k or health you're not going to get full mileage out of them. If you're talking about somehow being in a guk group without a charmer or any pet classes and 2 non cleric healers, then sure. go wild with single target rains.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I miss Wizard chat
M3QiniR4.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'd probably roll a wizard if they got SoW. I have such a hard time with classes that don't have speed.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Except that when the mob is basically deleted and you only got 2 waves in not so much. later on when mobs are beefier and they last longer then sure, but in those earlier zones where the mobs have like 2k or health you're not going to get full mileage out of them. If you're talking about somehow being in a guk group without a charmer or any pet classes and 2 non cleric healers, then sure. go wild with single target rains.

Looks like people wildly underestimate mob hp. Level 40+ tend to have about 3k which goes to about 4k-6kish around level 45+.

If you're killing level 35s at 41+ your doing it very wrong

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Except farming Ancient at seafuries was a giant fucking PITA on Selo's. I imagine it'll be even worse here.

It's more complicated than that. Loot is random on Mischief don't forget. Even if you find him there's only going to be some small chance he actually has a ring on him instead of some other level 30s or 40s drop. There's no way to know now how things are going to break until the server actually launches but it's possible rings are way more common OR way more rare.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
If rings get randomized (which they should) it should be fairly common because they drop off both a level 30 AND a level 40 named, so the pool of rares that could drop it is huge. J-boots being tradeable also means that if people decide to reroll they don't have to redo the quest and can just swap them over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If rings get randomized (which they should) it should be fairly common because they drop off both a level 30 AND a level 40 named, so the pool of rares that could drop it is huge. J-boots being tradeable also means that if people decide to reroll they don't have to redo the quest and can just swap them over.

Common seems more likely than rare but I think rare is also possible. They could have narrow tiers or weigh some items drop rates relative to their rarity in the normal game or any number of fuckery.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Common seems more likely than rare but I think rare is also possible. They could have narrow tiers or weigh some items drop rates relative to their rarity in the normal game or any number of fuckery.
Will those dirty packet sniffers be able to see items?

If so, then every mob becomes a target to steal or race to.