EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Not really for shaman, you can't start the epic until kunark and nothing is prefarmable. Shamans should focus on getting a sky ring though, missing that quest would suck.

Sterling

El Presidente
Is kind of funny having to actually do the epic now instead of binding in FP and having a druid port you to BB like 50 times and just factioning off that skeleton and skipping everything except the fight in CoM.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Fuck mischief, I found something weird on mangler i need to investigate.

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I wish I could do staticy stuff but I just can't stay awake anymore. I've got the full on narcolepsy so my sleep / wake is totally random these days.

Selo was when I knew it was getting bad. Fell asleep pulling in seb crypt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm getting kinda stoked for this. Got my EQ installed and shit. Going to fire up by sub and get my 40 slot pack.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Cool, a reason to re-up my sub, and drop some money on bags, which will both only be used for 2 months. I'm thinkin' Erudite SK this time around; yeah, no.

Troll master race, and my beloved Grobb.

1620682773823.png

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
With all the MQNext drama, this server is about to be extra, extra dogshit.

Can't wait to casually play!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Something for everyone to keep in mind -

expssssss.png

On the modern TLP soloing is trash. Even if you think it is dumb to group at level one you should group at level one. After you get in and suicide-by-guard to get to the newbie yard Immediately form a group and run around stabbing everything. Be a cloud of locusts. There is no death penalty until level six so just auto until you die, respawn and get right back to it. The first few levels of EQ are pretty bad so don't make it any worse for yourself.

The exp is also set up such a way now that anything more than one level below you is is really bad with minus one being the absolute limit for a group trying to go hard. That's the signal to move on unless there's some very specific reason to milk one more level out of an area. You want the highest level stuff you can safely take down. Murdering a huge pile of blues and light blues like we used to do back in the day is a poor use of time unless the volume of kills is "we're the only ones in Lower Guk" levels of crazy.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Enlighten us casual plebs.
The man (EQMule) who made the cheats (MQ2) got a big head and a bunch of coder dudes who did plugins for you said eat a dick so now there's free (I think, maybe just much cheaper) and available cheats for people. So every shitlord and their meth addicted step-uncle will be running it and automating 6 boxes etc. I don't think it has the higher up shit like warps and whatnot, but I'm pretty sure they can be added in.

Basically every RMTer Kronolord scumbag just powered up and on a free trade server it's just going to be much, much worse.

It sucks because these programs allegedly have really nice QoL stuff like /stick which makes boxes not autofollow 30 feet behind you or get stuck and health bars over mobs and shit, but once again, it's cheatz. Not even SEQ "everyone uses it or has some one use it for them" cheatz, but like REAL cheatz.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The man (EQMule) who made the cheats (MQ2) got a big head and a bunch of coder dudes who did plugins for you said eat a dick so now there's free (I think, maybe just much cheaper) and available cheats for people. So every shitlord and their meth addicted step-uncle will be running it and automating 6 boxes etc. I don't think it has the higher up shit like warps and whatnot, but I'm pretty sure they can be added in.

Basically every RMTer Kronolord scumbag just powered up and on a free trade server it's just going to be much, much worse.

It sucks because these programs allegedly have really nice QoL stuff like /stick which makes boxes not autofollow 30 feet behind you or get stuck and health bars over mobs and shit, but once again, it's cheatz. Not even SEQ "everyone uses it or has some one use it for them" cheatz, but like REAL cheatz.
LOL if this is rampant on this server there's no way I'll jump in when Kunark releases. Fuck that.

• 1Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider

#define __ExpectedVersionDate "Apr 19 2021"

Looks like they have updated offsets. And yea, it's what the guy above said - since EQMule partnered with EQ to lockdown MQ2 on TLP looks like someone forked it from an earlier branch before all those TLP checks were in. At least this requires someone to compile it first (and requires authcheck) - but I bet redguides and others offer compiled version with authcheck removed.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
LOL if this is rampant on this server there's no way I'll jump in when Kunark releases. Fuck that.
At this point its still not "easy" for the average person to find and use. Until someone really blows it up in one of the big guilds.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
MQ2 is extremely rampant and always has been. I just hope they crack down on the real abusers like people ghost killing shit. You think it wouldn’t be hard to have something server side flag crap like that, yet it still happens. That version at least doesn’t have all the crazy plugins.

And tbh I’m gonna laugh my ass off if this is a honey pot. Bad offsets that get people caught. There really is nothing specia there so far, so dunno what about this drama is worthy of being called drama.

Last edited:

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure ghost killing hasnt been around since 2007ish. Ghost killing is turning off movement packets being sent to server, and then warping above or below a mob on z axis and then using a ranged attack. Wasn't really a thing back in the day, I mean some rangers could kill shit but it wasn't that good (couldn't beat ooc regen on most mobs.) When the monk ability exploit (nodelay/monkbug) existed (i.e. flying kick cool down could be reset) a plugin would warp to a mob back and forth spamming flying kick very fast. You could clear anguish with a single monk in era. It was coined ghost killing but wasn't truly ghosting (because every now and then the monk would get hit and die by a raid mob.) That exploit was fixed and z ranging mobs no longer works.

*edit well I guess there's noting stopping a plugin that sends a movement packet and a backstab but you're not gonna kill much with that.

Last edited: