EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
The only thing chanter/cleric can do better than sk/shm is duo brother q/z, duo king/queen in chardok. duo named camps faster/more efficiently...

I'd like to see the sk/shammy do the live side of guk king camp. Chanter/cleric can do that at lvl 40.

What exactly is an sk/shammy doing that a chanter/cleric can't do? And if you're going to start off in velious+ with any of your examples, then let's add SK to chanter/cleric since we are talking about trio. The chanter/cleric just doesn't really need a trio and that's why I use it as an example because chanter/cleric is as powerful as non chanter trios in classic/kunark.

sk/shm can duo king/queen in chardok without worrying about charm breaks. You dont need to kill anything besides the PH or named in a single group camp, sk/shm can steal any named in solb lguk etc from enc/clr combo without harm touch besides maybe fire giants? never been dps raced on them before. Enchanter/Cleric is definitely the stronger duo when it comes to leveling speed, but when it comes to doing shit at max level sk/shm takes the cake.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I haven't farmed him since emus a long time ago... I figured it would be tight.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Lol I would love to see an SK/shammy do king/queen in kunark.

Not that I don't believe it is "possible" at lvl 60 with just some decently geared SK. I'm not sure how exactly you're avoiding queens aoe or healing through it fast enough while also DPSing. But, I guess the assumption is you kill the 5 roamers... which sounds annoying without a charm pet... and then you taunt pull on the SK and you just take the first AOE + you have a hasted sowed king/queen on your SK while you run back to the shammy?

Please tell me this plan. As an chanter/cleric who has killed king/queen 500+ times, I am genuinely curious. This sounds more like a Velious geared sk/shammy thing and doesn't sound super easy.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
How can you make this comment when literally the last 4 people who commented about this subject admitted that they either couldn't be bothered to pay that much attention or that it was too exhausting...

Can confirm the reason i quit Enchanter on Phinny and will never main the Class on TLPs again is because it's too weak. It's sad too cause they're one of the most enjoyable classes to play.
Chanters just blow massive chunks in 95% of zones once you hit SoV. Sure you're strong in Velks/Kael, but holy shit your class is so fucking weak in basically every other zone.
Getting BiS gear on a chanter is pointless. Getting BiS on a SK/Monk/Ranger is game changing.
To add insult to injury the Devs nerf Enchanters every TLP.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
Lol I would love to see an SK/shammy do king/queen in kunark.

Not that I don't believe it is "possible" at lvl 60 with just some decently geared SK. I'm not sure how exactly you're avoiding queens aoe or healing through it fast enough while also DPSing. But, I guess the assumption is you kill the 5 roamers... which sounds annoying without a charm pet... and then you taunt pull on the SK and you just take the first AOE + you have a hasted sowed king/queen on your SK while you run back to the shammy?

Please tell me this plan. As an chanter/cleric who has killed king/queen 500+ times, I am genuinely curious. This sounds more like a Velious geared sk/shammy thing and doesn't sound super easy.
both mobs are splittable without the taunt trick. I didnt say they could do it easily because it isnt easy and can very easily go wrong, but it is doable and was done on coirnav? in kunark, but when done properly they infact do not need to worry about charm breaking. AoE is short enough range that the shammy can outrange it in the hallway without pulling any statics and only a 100 fr check so not uncommon for a well geared sk to resist it.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Not that I don't believe it is "possible" at lvl 60 with just some decently geared SK. I'm not sure how exactly you're avoiding queens aoe or healing through it fast enough while also DPSing.

You can't kill King/Queen with SK/Shaman in Kunark. Although in fairness you can't really kill King/Queen with Enchanter/Cleric without cheating past the door ATM.

You can LoS the AoE by tanking them on the corner.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
And your didn't mean "do better" but "steal" and DPS race.

You were prolly a Biden voter.
???????? SK/Shm can hold every single named camp in classic and kunark by themselves. Why do they need to pull and efficiently clear the trash mobs around the camp when they are max level? They dont need to steal any named but are very capable of doing so as well.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
You can't kill King/Queen with SK/Shaman in Kunark. Although in fairness you can't really kill King/Queen with Enchanter/Cleric without cheating past the door ATM.

You can LoS the AoE by tanking them on the corner.
excuse me sir brant i seent it. I SEENT IT! edit but we are also trying to have a discussion about the game with people who think rangers are bad at any point of the games life.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
You can corner tank it similar to how people used to exploit Naggy to prevent him from AoEing. King wont even cast his 3k Nukes if you do it correctly.
loooooool. i thought they fixed the agro trick on this last batch of tlp's? amazing if not

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
excuse me sir brant i seent it. I SEENT IT! edit but we are also trying to have a discussion about the game with people who think rangers are bad at any point of the games life.
They can definitely faceroll it in SoV. But there is just no place you can tank him w/o adds. I'd be willing to put 5kr on it being impossible for you to kill king. Queen maybe with a Full mana bar and unholy. King nah just nah.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
ENC/CLR is very strong, but what people are forgetting about what the 'vets' pick is that they know they are going to be running these characters in raids. ENC is just replying to tells for haste/clarity and sieving a few bosses. CLR you will be parked in a CH rotation.

Sure, some bosses have charm pets or mez mechanics, but raid life is the exact opposite of group life for an enchanter. I spent all of VT rolling visage on wizards to have something to do. Gear-wise, it's all just mana pool until Luclin, and after that it's really just getting 4 hour kei and clickies.

ENC/CLR/(SK) and SK/SHM/(BRD) are both strong as fuck and have most of the same overlap in terms of utility (cc, slow, etc), enough that in an easy game like EQ it doesn't really matter which is 100% optimal. I will say, as an enc main you are like a middling attractive girl on tinder and have free pick of any group you want. All you have to do is show up outside the hole and you'll start getting tells. I play eq to group not to shit around solo, so works for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
They can definitely faceroll it in SoV. But there is just no place you can tank him w/o adds. I'd be willing to put 5kr on it being impossible for you to kill king. Queen maybe with a Full mana bar and unholy. King nah just nah.
will have to try again on this server. Hope im not misremembering shit but im willing to gamble on my shit memory!

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
loooooool. i thought they fixed the agro trick on this last batch of tlp's? amazing if not
It's possible but the first time i went down their on Phinny Young "Stunner" Aka Authority was corner tanking it on his enchanter and King wasn't casting. You can have agro and be LoS and it won't cast, just like the pillars in Tranix Room.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
It's possible but the first time i went down their on Phinny Young "Stunner" Aka Authority was corner tanking it on his enchanter and King wasn't casting. You can have agro and be LoS and it won't cast, just like the pillars in Tranix Room.
lmao thats awesome, definitely stuff to try on this server with actual full bis instead of just mostly like usual. thats the most fun part of the game, pushing the limits on what you can do like zama almost soloing the trash in tacvi in era lmao

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
???????? SK/Shm can hold every single named camp in classic and kunark by themselves. Why do they need to pull and efficiently clear the trash mobs around the camp when they are max level? They dont need to steal any named but are very capable of doing so as well.

Yeah, all you buddy.

Go farm efreeti with your sk shaman duo for randomized drops.

Brilliant.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While interesting to read this derail really just illustrates what I was trying to say. In an ideal theorycrafted setting like duoing chardok royals, the enc clr duo seems great. Seems best or close to best even. Certainly ahead of sk shm!

In an actual I played the game and went to chardok world, not so exciting. Enc clr is hot garbage at farming in droga for the faction. Then it can't get past the door now without help, hax, or serious exploiting. Then its not gonna have fun at all back there unless it has that sk third because all those half dozen roamers always rock full shaman buffs and run at low hp, which is handleable but annoying as piss. All that to fuck up some royals that sk/brd/shm can faction for way faster than sk/enc/clr, get through the door fine, clear roamers just as well, and then kill with only a bit more difficulty but still doable.

My ideal duo for overking is nec/dru before door fix, nec/brd after.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really don't think y'all are taking into account how truly batshit these drops might end up being if Daybreak isn't extremely lazy about it. Camping Freeti room will most likely not be ideal. Some autist is going to need to spreadsheet the likely item drop pools.