EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Stick and follow are really easy to just eyeball if the person is doing anything besides running in a straight line at full speed. You can't use /follow of your own a a valid way of testing because lag factors in heavily with /follow. Stick follows the exact path of the person that your stuck to took. Follow tries to run to the spot they currently are, the eyeball test and understanding how they work is simply the best method.

It's really weird that Daybreak recognizes how bad mass botting//boxing is for servers as a whole but still refuses to do anything meaningful to stop it.

This is false.

The best way to describe how dots work in DPS races is that they don't. Most common thing i've seen with them is that you get 2 free ticks, but it's just really inconsistent.

As a Necro I found that I frequently needed to cast a DD as well as VoS or EBolt to ensure I got the kill if it was contested. Could usually eyeball what I needed to do pretty quickly and I won most races, to the point that after a few sessions I'd get shit-talked the minute I logged into Rathe Mountains.

Use VoS, then someone else lands an EBolt = Cast Drain Soul and sic pet quick, could still win...but if they're adding damage on top of that, just leave their mobs alone
Use EBolt, then someone else lands an EBolt = Cast Drain Soul and sic pet quick
Someone else lands an EBolt right before your VoS lands = Move on
Someone else lands an EBolt right before your EBolt lands = Quickly cast Drain Soul, chances are that'll do it

Also Scourge is the best HG-killer for the mana cost and is sufficient for locking them down (it does more damage than VoS). Scourge, send pet, root, med up. If someone contests it because it's dying so slow, throw a Drain Soul on. Without much contesting, Scourge was the go-to. With some contesting, VoS was the go-to so mobs would spend less time standing around. With active KSing/contesting (usually from an EBolt user), I'd resort to EBolts. The competition was a blast. My main obstacle (besides a well-played Shaman) was when a chanter would come around with that one nutso charm pet.

Far as important spells go, 49 pet is paramount, as is Lich, Drain Soul, VoS, Scourge, EBolt. I also like DMF for the extra distance it gives you when kiting around on a hill.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
fwiw, I doubt with 99% certainty that anyone warping (or using any active hack) is using mqnext (any open source warp plugins you'd find on old mmobugs/redguides post would get you banned/flagged easily.) also i see on redguides lvl 2 they dont support mischief/tb TLP (but can't view the actual contents of the post) - and their source only has oct 2020's eqgame offsets. so no one is building their own version of redguide's mq2 for TLP.

anyone who is warping is using something that's been around before mischief/tb. also, it's just my experience, but there were warpers on agnarr. so you may be right that macroquest is more commonplace (because of mqnext), but don't lump it in with active hacks

kekw you think it's hard to make a warp.

edit x / y / z in memory, and in the same place you edit the memory, call the 'set player on floor' function. in the latest eqlive client it's at 6A8F10, pass in local player as the 'this' class, it has no parameters

1623720046250.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
kekw you think it's hard to make a warp.

edit x / y / z in memory, and in the same place you edit the memory, call the 'set player on floor' function. in the latest eqlive client it's at 6A8F10, pass in local player as the 'this' class, it has no parameters

View attachment 358322
naw didn't say it was hard - was just saying that any of the sources for mq2 warp out there do it like this...

VOID DoWarp(float y, float x, float z)
{

PZONEINFO Zone = (PZONEINFO)pZoneInfo;

float SafeY = Zone->SafeYLoc;
float SafeX = Zone->SafeXLoc;
float SafeZ = Zone->SafeZLoc;

Zone->SafeYLoc = y;
Zone->SafeXLoc = x;
Zone->SafeZLoc = z;

DWORD MLPTSC = CDisplay__MoveLocalPlayerToSafeCoords;
__asm call dword ptr [MLPTSC];

Zone->SafeYLoc = SafeY;
Zone->SafeXLoc = SafeX;
Zone->SafeZLoc = SafeZ;
}

and you told me that this was easily flaggable on server side

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
naw didn't say it was hard - was just saying that any of the sources for mq2 warp out there do it like this...

VOID DoWarp(float y, float x, float z)
{

PZONEINFO Zone = (PZONEINFO)pZoneInfo;

float SafeY = Zone->SafeYLoc;
float SafeX = Zone->SafeXLoc;
float SafeZ = Zone->SafeZLoc;

Zone->SafeYLoc = y;
Zone->SafeXLoc = x;
Zone->SafeZLoc = z;

DWORD MLPTSC = CDisplay__MoveLocalPlayerToSafeCoords;
__asm call dword ptr [MLPTSC];

Zone->SafeYLoc = SafeY;
Zone->SafeXLoc = SafeX;
Zone->SafeZLoc = SafeZ;
}

and you told me that this was easily flaggable on server side

I said it was easy to do, not easy to avoid being detected.

Also, safe coord warp will def flag you as it sends a 'zone change request' packet to the server. Positioning on the floor goes through normal routines to set your position normally. Less chance of being automatically detected.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The best way to test it is to just /follow the leader yourself. Follow works outside of group now. If they’re using stick it will be a lot different than your character following.
Ehh, stick is for amateurs, because the tell is super obvious. One of the first things my 'friend' did was write some code that approximated for where a bot wanted to look and be, and then added a suitably human randomness on how close and fast it would look that way and get there. Close enough to do the job always, but never exact. Additionally, this could be applied to follow by creating a path of where a character was for the mq char to follow, and then reducing the randomness the further the target got away. It looks like an idiot running, and not bot-like at all.

It's always something to consider, that the more pressure you apply, the more evolution you'll produce. There's never been a good answer for botters. I've always been a fan of much more insidious options. Shadow ban them from success. Things like, a botter negatively impacts the XP and drops of a npc he attacks. One bot in a group, it drops less. Only botters attack a npc, it drops almost nothing, gives less xp. Don't let people know they've been banned.

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Ehh, stick is for amateurs, because the tell is super obvious. One of the first things my 'friend' did was write some code that approximated for where a bot wanted to look and be, and then added a suitably human randomness on how close and fast it would look that way and get there. Close enough to do the job always, but never exact. Additionally, this could be applied to follow by creating a path of where a character was for the mq char to follow, and then reducing the randomness the further the target got away. It looks like an idiot running, and not bot-like at all.

It's always something to consider, that the more pressure you apply, the more evolution you'll produce. There's never been a good answer for botters. I've always been a fan of much more insidious options. Shadow ban them from success. Things like, a botter negatively impacts the XP and drops of a npc he attacks. One bot in a group, it drops less. Only botters attack a npc, it drops almost nothing, gives less xp. Don't let people know they've been banned.
To me that is the wrong approach. P99 has the right approach where policing is fairly good and the burden of proof is more on the accused than the accuser. You go from BS like having 12 boxers run around unhindered because the GMs can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt they are cheating to having a few cheaters like the guy you mentioned who are really advanced and only cheat when they know they aren't being observed.

The fact that people do it so blatantly on these servers is proof enough that enforcement is absolute shit. Even key broadcasters like multiplicity are supposed to be against the truebox rules originally which people completely forget now because literally everyone uses them and they never policed them at all.

Last edited:

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Stick (a command in MQ2MoveUtils) is kind of old school at this point. I think most serious Macroquest users use MQ2Nav or MQ2AdvPath for moving boxes around instead, both are generally better. There's some niche scenarios where stick is still more useful though.

• 1Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Truebox was broken late Phinny, and every TLP after that had more and more people breaking it. It only punishes the people following the rules now.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
LMAO today's patch notes, devs fixing the big issue things

*** Items ***

- Starting bag, food, and drink on newly created characters is no longer tradable even on a free-trade server.

• 1Worf

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider

*** Items ***

- Starting bag, food, and drink on newly created characters is no longer tradable even on a free-trade server.
I moved over about 10 of these for my monk's bank. :)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
MQ2 was huge even 12 years ago. I remember when I started the Firiona Vie FoH guild, there was a lot of controversy over the rule that we not use it whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a quarter of the Live playerbase uses it.

I also won't be surprised when they just blanketly accept it and maybe even encourage it, to keep subscribers. The game is just not playable (at least outside of TLP) these days without it. And it makes the game 20x more fun.

I have some good ghostkill memories from back in the day. God that was fun. Then when all the ghostkill plugins got fucked, you had to setup some good macros and find good camps. I remember PoTactics arena fondly for making bank with MQ2.

Only ever got banned once, when they put traps out there in the form of Fabled gods in zones they weren't supposed to be in. lol there was a Fabled Tallon Zek in dragon necropolis, but I couldn't resist. Sent my monks in (this was after the stronger, SK ghostkill, got wrecked), killed the mob, 0 loot, promptly banned lmao. Never got fucked on my main accounts tho, which I still have to this day.

Xevy

Log Wizard
My brother ran SEQ back in the day (on his secondary laptop has you had to) and I'd monitor it for him while he was running or raiding or whatever. One time I say Rallos Zek in Eastern Wastes. He went "oh I should... nope. NOPE!"

Pretty sure like 3 people got banned instantly for investigating.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

*** Items ***

hah damn! I didnt even pay attention to that. I could of filled up all my bag slots for free!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So did DBG mess up and delete Hammer Head Helmet from the loot table? Have yet to see it at all on Mischief or TB.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Manastone never shows up on TLPs but Rubicite usually starts to drop after a set period of time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users