EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
"Raids will drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion."

It will be interesting to see how they do it, because in EQ level doesn't equal difficulty and you can have some potentially awesome things like Zlandicar dropping the same loot table as Vulak.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Props to them for trying something fresh. I am pretty surprised.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Gonna be the most epic of shit shows. Im all in to see how bad they fucked this up and it gets abused.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really thought they would wait a week or so after pop in aradune to give it time to let people settle into pop. Now with this announcement I can imagine aradunes pop dropping by half this week and prob 2/3s by the launch of the new server.

Sterling

El Presidente
Will depend greatly on how they divide stuff up by "level"

Killing Wuoshi and Zlandicar and getting Vulak robes and Rings of Destruction would be a good time. Going the other way getting a Kedge robe off of Eye of Veeshan would be super exciting.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Free trade / random loot has merit in of itself, especially if it succeeds in not only changing what zones people swarm but spreads out the population to different zones. But really, I'm just glad to see they're trying something fresh.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't leave the freedom of Rizlona. Boxing it up is just the only thing thats enjoyable to me in this game anymore. Enjoy the ruleset guys, they look interesting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Raids will drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion."

It will be interesting to see how they do it, because in EQ level doesn't equal difficulty and you can have some potentially retarded things like Zlandicar dropping the same loot table as Vulak.
It's weird to me that people care about stuff like balance. They should just go completely nuts and make anything drop from anything.

It's a game over 20 years old. Who gives a shit if something is game breaking? Oh, you got some ridiculous item off a rat outside Freeport? Congratulations...who cares?

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope they list tiers. Phinny can’t be the same as dragons due to respawn, but where does the leave Planes Minis/AC/Efreeti/ect. Does sky drop kunark loot since it drops spells already? Mana robes from all dragons in kunark, Phara far loot from talendor?

does it replace the full table or item by item? So many questions!
Haha you really think they thought about it that much?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't leave the freedom of Rizlona. Boxing it up is just the only thing thats enjoyable to me in this game anymore. Enjoy the ruleset guys, they look interesting.

Me too. However, with PoP coming up it sure seems like a good server to make a toon on to mess around with about month 2 or 3 of plane of time.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
TFW raid mob economy is ruined by the flood of PoSky quest drops. Server first Nagafen dropping Spiroc Feather and Brass Knuckles lmao.
Speaking of Sky what do you guys think the chances are some autistic super nerd creates a box Army to perma farm infinitely respawnable raid bosses like Spiroc Lord

SoD and Tink masks gonna drop outside of ST 1.0

God damn this server is actually gonna be fun.

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope they take all this feedback and actually use it. It sounds like since they are willing to try new things, they might actually fix things in the next month that people bring up?

ONE CAN HOPE.

• 1Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Speaking of Sky what do you guys think the chances are some autistic super nerd creates a box Army to perma farm infinitely respawnable raid bosses like Spiroc Lord

SoD and Tink masks gonna drop outside of ST 1.0

God damn this server is actually gonna be fun.

At least a 300% chance.

• 3Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would play TLP if they did random loot + everythign no drop + corpse locked on death + 3 person party cap

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I love the idea of it, and nostalgia usually gets the best of me so I roll a bard and... never leave Greater Faydark before quitting again.

Just wish they were doing more with the IP than expansion n+1 and ruleset servers.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Props to them for a super unique concept, it's going to be a lot of fun. Plus alts on this server will be baller and catching up later in expansions should be much easier with free trade. Still enjoying Mangler with TSS about to come out but man this one does sound promising.

Gotta decide what two box combo to run on this one.