EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cyrr

Trakanon Raider
Didn't see it mentioned in the server notes, but is this going to be a TrueBox server? Or can I go for maximum autismo and 72 box?
1619482793846.png

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
A cool idea for this server would be to do something similar to corrupting items in PoE. Rare drop item that you can combine with any item and give it either improved stats or a chance to brick the item entirely. Would be cool seeing like yaks with +10 dex or thick banded belts with haste and stuff like that. Could create some pretty insane items.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's good that they're doing something different, but it still has the PoP issue. Presumably LoY is a non-factor, but with LDoN at one month you're still looking down the barrel of four months of PoP. Every server has a big dive there. I'd like to see them do something to keep people playing through PoP.

I would have put PoP/LoY/LDoN together and given it 2 months despite level raise like they did with Kunark. Would only start doing 3 months for later level-up expansions, like maybe Secrets of Faydwer onwards, and adjust for Underfoot and Burning Lands being short-changed by 2 month schedules. They deserve 3 months more than, say, TDS does.

Phinny's biggest die-off seemed to happen in the 105 era (bunch of expansions) so I'd keep most of the non-level expansions at 2 months, only giving 3 to specific non-level expansions with high levels of content (basically just UF and TBL).

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, it's actually different.

WTF guess I'm in.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's good that they're doing something different, but it still has the PoP issue. Presumably LoY is a non-factor, but with LDoN at one month you're still looking down the barrel of four months of PoP. Every server has a big dive there. I'd like to see them do something to keep people playing through PoP.

I would have put PoP/LoY/LDoN together and given it 2 months despite level raise like they did with Kunark. Would only start doing 3 months for later level-up expansions, like maybe Secrets of Faydwer onwards, and adjust for Underfoot and Burning Lands being short-changed by 2 month schedules. They deserve 3 months more than, say, TDS does.

Phinny's biggest die-off seemed to happen in the 105 era (bunch of expansions) so I'd keep most of the non-level expansions at 2 months, only giving 3 to specific non-level expansions with high levels of content (basically just UF and TBL).
Yeah, their insistence on always starting in classic and making PoP last fucking forever really holds a lot of these servers back from being super interesting.

Selo was the closest they got to "right"/different, but I'm so utterly sick of them not launching at least in Kunark. I've said it repeatedly, but that expansion widens the leveling options so massively that it's stupid to ever start without it enabled, unless you're doing some weird ass classic only version of the game. Random loot will help spread things out a little bit, but classic is still so fucking limited with its leveling/dungeon options.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The reason they don't start in kunark is probably because one of their biggest money makers is necro's and monks paying for race changes to iksar. They legit make thousands of dollars on that.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Well fuck. Guess I gotta roll up this dude again. This sounds awesome. Rogue incoming.

EQ000006.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Free trade meh, just more work for officers(inspections inc making sure you don't sell in era loot). The random loot is great though. That's how you spread out the world. Because now any level 40 named in bumfuck karana could give you something from lguk. Will be funny as fuck, now you just kill any rare you see just to spin the wheel. Random raid loot is even crazier. Now you want to show up to every fight, because now it could give you something. Instead of people just showing up to fights that have their drops.
Wish the exp was faster. The 1 month classic is interesting, gtfo out of sky asap.

Would love to see the actual tables of the rares. The level ranges etc.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Theres 2 ways I can see people assuming the random loot works which I hope we can get some clarity on:

The loot is just RNG every time %t mob drops selected from a database of mobs with a LVL value or each mob has a hand picked "random" loot.

For instance the ghoul lord is lvl 47, a frenzied ghoul is lvl 42-44. Efreeti is lvl 50, King tranix is lvl 52.
The froglok king is lvl 47.

Are all of these mobs going to be in a pool or are all the frogs going to be in a pool and king tranix will be in a pool with hate minis.
Or will the ghoul lord drop mithril two handers and the king will drop yaks.

With this in mind, im sure some of you realized that a ghoul lord with a mithril 2hander might hurt a bit but king tranix with a mithril 2hander might be pretty damn hard.

The raid mobs are a bit easier to understand as far as tiers. Which the mere idea that people will be able to get shrouds, tink masks and scepters of destruction on this server forever possibly even after awakening the sleeper... begs the question if loot is static but on different raid mobs, what would the warders possibly lose forever from the server? The best idea would just simply be all items are drawn from a pool of items and is RNGd into the corpse based on moblevel/item level which would make all these amazing items a permanent farmable fixture for the server which I think is an amazing feature altho maybe not even intended!

I certainly loved the link to the past randomizer and watched every match for the few tournaments speedgaming has done on twitch and this just reminds me of that idea so much and will be a ton of fun.

I still think were going to have a ton of issues server wise and reliability wise from the company but it will be very much worth it and I want to reward them for taking a chance for something truly unique for us.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't expect too much clarification, Dreamweaver said that it will be left to us to find out.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I think this will be the most popular TLP ever, everyone is going to want to check it out because it is just so different

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think this will be the most popular TLP ever, everyone is going to want to check it out because it is just so different
100%, everyone should play on this server because interesting EQ servers drop once every ten years and Phinny Clones have dropped like 8 times in six years.

Sterling

El Presidente
Population is pretty spread out and WoW Classic is about to do it's thing and it's different but not everyone will be about the ruleset. I have a hard time believing it'll be Phinny/mangler popular.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider

Everyone laments the "good old days" and repeat the classic-pop treadmill ad nauseum expecting to recreate the experience. This is the sort of shake up the TLP experience needed IMO

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Free trade meh, just more work for officers(inspections inc making sure you don't sell in era loot). The random loot is great though. That's how you spread out the world. Because now any level 40 named in bumfuck karana could give you something from lguk. Will be funny as fuck, now you just kill any rare you see just to spin the wheel. Random raid loot is even crazier. Now you want to show up to every fight, because now it could give you something. Instead of people just showing up to fights that have their drops.
Wish the exp was faster. The 1 month classic is interesting, gtfo out of sky asap.

Would love to see the actual tables of the rares. The level ranges etc.

Or just say fuck it and if someone wants to sell their gear they spent DKP on let 'em

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Doubt it will have a comparable population long term to the bigger tlps but that first month is gonna be a shitshow. The login queue and server stability will be ridiculous.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Doubt it will have a comparable population long term to the bigger tlps but that first month is gonna be a shitshow. The login queue and server stability will be ridiculous.
Thoughts like this are why I learned about the glory of Ram drives in my time playing eve online. I chortled at many of the lamentations of the poor SSD cucks as I simply loaded in.