EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
With Free Trade AND AoCs this server will have the most geared players ever once we start getting into Velious/Luclin era and people start selling their old raid gear.

Also free AA clickies for everyone!

K6fcGva.png
Literally me this second.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Literally me this second.

If you aren't doing the Magician/Enchanter/Cleric start for the quick level 50s than while leveling you would want to consider areas with the most number of mobs with the Rare tag. For example I would think Kerra over by Tox would be pretty decent. It has a ton of rares with spawn locations throughout the whole area and a Tox start was already perfectly fine. I'd love to see the loot table on something like Noclin's Pet in the Paineel newbie yard.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
maybe i'm crazy, but i always liked having to go to various zones to camp stuff (to what extent that's even possible in tlp's anymore). ssra to do the bard clicky, or mistmoore for hbc or seb for fungi etc. totally unplugging the loot from the zone makes this entire thing sounds like PoE or something. mindless loot fiesta. FV loot rules are very nice though.
Eh, I kind of agree with you, but at the same time unplugging it from a specific zone opens up a shitload of possibilities. The only downside is that Grieg's is going to be even more fucking used (never thought that'd be possible) than it already was because of how its named work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
The server is an interesting idea in that it's very different, but it's hard to tell how well it will do long term. It seems more of a mess around on type server than a serious one. The randomized loot tables on raid mobs will have it's rewards but be insanely frustrating at the same time. The unlock schedule isn't much different than any other TLP though after LDoN. Current TLP's already start the 2-3 schedule in PoP.

I think you will see a lot of very small guilds there as there will be a big incentive to sell raid loot or keep your guild small enough to where you can do an honor system. Guilds who don't want to see a lot of drama will either have to operate in a GDKP fashion or no loot rules.

I saw some people saying that this server will be the end of batphone guilds, but it would not surprise me if someone makes an OW batphone guild with no loot rules, you can bid on anything that drops with your dkp and sell it type thing. I feel like there would be a huge incentive for that, that would draw the attention of a lot of people.

I feel like the server will probably consist of one OW batphone guild, a ton of really small DZ guilds, and a metric shit ton of 36-72 boxers.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It will be very interesting to see the longevity of this server. I think it sounds fun but frustrating. And oh my god the fucking auction channel will be absolutely unbearable. You're going to need Matrix level parsing skills. Not having the bazaar will be painful for selling. There's going to be some very rich people who just hang out and day trade items.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I feel like the server will probably consist of one OW batphone guild, a ton of really small DZ guilds, and a metric shit ton of 36-72 boxers.

I highly doubt very many people will be boxing 36 toons. The financial incentive to do is much smaller then on normal servers. The market will be saturated with loot and the items will sell for much much less. Just go check out open world VT loot vs Time loot on the FV bazaar.

As far as Bat phone guilds go the question is why Bat phone? On most TLPs instance only guilds quickly run out of mobs to kill with meaningful loot, however with Mischief rules that's not really true.
Which raid schedule would you rather have?
Mon> Main VT.
Tues>Main SSRA+Seru
Wed> Main rest of Luclin
Thurs>Second Main VT
Friday>Second Main SSRA
Saturday>Second Main Rest of Luclin

Or the Same Mon-Wed+ random Bat phones at 2 AM or 2PM.

You can be a "hardcore" guild now without having to Bat phone.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Definitely an interesting idea although I would have liked to see zone level ranges changed up too. It's still going to be Crushbone-Unrest-lguk because those zones could drop nothing but cloth caps and still be the most efficient path to level.

I'll be checking it out for sure, could be fun.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I highly doubt very many people will be boxing 36 toons. The financial incentive to do is much smaller then on normal servers. The market will be saturated with loot and the items will sell for much much less. Just go check out open world VT loot vs Time loot on the FV bazaar.

As far as Bat phone guilds go the question is why Bat phone? On most TLPs instance only guilds quickly run out of mobs to kill with meaningful loot, however with Mischief rules that's not really true.
Which raid schedule would you rather have?
Mon> Main VT.
Tues>Main SSRA+Seru
Wed> Main rest of Luclin
Thurs>Second Main VT
Friday>Second Main SSRA
Saturday>Second Main Rest of Luclin

Or the Same Mon-Wed+ random Bat phones at 2 AM or 2PM.

You can be a "hardcore" guild now without having to Bat phone.

Batphones are not a lot of raid time at all. Mabbu will definitely spread his wings and fly high on this server.

Last edited:

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
A guilds ability to raid is no different on this server than it is any other true-box TLP server.
Wrong. A guilds ability to clear content is greatly increased because Second mains, Alts, boxes ect are significantly better geared. On top of that alts/second mains can wear some of your mains gear and will obviously be better played if you do main raid+alt raid on a separate days/times. AoC are also generally more time efficient then Open world.

Alt's also become much easier to level with Free loot. Ultimately the question becomes if you're gonna be part of a guild that raids 30 hours a week would you rather have 30 hours of scheduled raids or 15 hours of scheduled raids+15 hours random raids.

I can see Bat Phoning in Classic+RoK simply because of how little raid content exists, but later expansions you effectively have infinite content to do in AoCs.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah even on non-fv loot by doing vt on separate days we had stuff like main monks handing aow loot to alts for the offday. You can do that with entire sets of gear. Like I could level up 5 clerics and gear 1 of them and use it for 5 different dzs. It's a HUGE advantage.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wrong. A guilds ability to clear content is greatly increased because Second mains, Alts, boxes ect are significantly better geared. On top of that alts/second mains can wear some of your mains gear and will obviously be better played if you do main raid+alt raid on a separate days/times. AoC are also generally more time efficient then Open world.

Alt's also become much easier to level with Free loot. Ultimately the question becomes if you're gonna be part of a guild that raids 30 hours a week would you rather have 30 hours of scheduled raids or 15 hours of scheduled raids+15 hours random raids.

I can see Bat Phoning in Classic+RoK simply because of how little raid content exists, but later expansions you effectively have infinite content to do in AoCs.

Edit: After reading your edit with added info + yerms comment, I guess I can see where that makes sense. Didn't really think about that. Level up more toons and trade gear between them to cycle through DZ's. I'm a bit skeptical though that many guilds would have enough people level that many alts to be able to do that while still be willing to invest that much time in to doing that many dz's. A small guild group of friends could prob pull it off but small guilds never last long term so it would only be temporarily done.

What people like about batphones is that they are very small time commitments. I mean, TEB's average batphones for most mobs through the expansions from time of mob spawn to loot being done is like 10 minutes. People like doing quick things like that rather than 6 hour dedicated windows of DZ time. 1/3 of TEB doesn't even do DZ raids, so I definitely see the new server being able to facilitate all kinds of people. You and yerm are right though, I guess a small guild could go pretty hardcore and still get a decent amount of loot to close the gap between the OW guild.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Most 2nd mains with the possible exception of Bards, and Clerics that participate in CH rotations are just poorly played buff bots that soak up loot that would otherwise rot. Not sure if giving them loot over letting mains take it to sell would actually be a net positive for most guilds.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most 2nd mains with the possible exception of Bards, and Clerics that participate in CH rotations are just poorly played buff bots that soak up loot that would otherwise rot. Not sure if giving them loot over letting mains take it to sell would actually be a net positive for most guilds.

Or you can put your main's gear on them and then play them like a main in a 2nd instance of a dz while your main is on lockout, get loot from any raid mob of that level, and then give back the loot you borrowed and the loot that dropped to the main who now has even more than before.

• 1Like