EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
It all depends on drop rates.

If it results in more good items, awesome.
If it results in less, bleh.
When has DPG done anything that results in the server having less loot. They learned their lesson on ragefire and lockjaw. Now they give the people what they want. Lots of mobs with lots of loot.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It’s going to be the most popular TLP launch ever imo. Idk if it will have the long term success that Manger or Phinny produced but the launch is going to be wild.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
maybe i'm crazy, but i always liked having to go to various zones to camp stuff (to what extent that's even possible in tlp's anymore). ssra to do the bard clicky, or mistmoore for hbc or seb for fungi etc. totally unplugging the loot from the zone makes this entire thing sounds like PoE or something. mindless loot fiesta. FV loot rules are very nice though.
This is what I don't understand. How many servers and decades of EQ do you have already for this?

The devs need to take a note from the Emu stuff and just do things totally outlandish. At this point they should be trying to make things fun, not balanced. Just do some really whacky shit. Who cares if you start with something completely overpowered? You've had almost a quarter of a century doing things with normal progression.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think they need to concentrate on the servers themselves. This launch might be the largest launch they have had in a long time. Given how bad Aradune at launch was, this will be a nightmare for the first week if they are not actually ready for it this time. The best Rule sets of all time mean nothing if a player cannot play the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
There's basically zero chance that this launch won't be a giant shit sandwich. giant queues and constant crashes.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I wouldn't plan on playing the first weekend...

Selo and LJ were both complete shit shows on launch

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
So do they open the second server right away at launch or wait until 3 days later and wreck everything with people wanting to move/stay/guilds having issues/ect.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
This is what I don't understand. How many servers and decades of EQ do you have already for this?

The devs need to take a note from the Emu stuff and just do things totally outlandish. At this point they should be trying to make things fun, not balanced. Just do some really whacky shit. Who cares if you start with something completely overpowered? You've had almost a quarter of a century doing things with normal progression.
I agree with this 100%. This is why Classless saw so much interest. It was the same thing, but new and wacky. People have been eating that shit on emulators before P99 even was a thing.

I'd argue P99 stifled a lot of creativity over the years because it lead to people only staying within the constraints of classic when making 'alternatives' to P99.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Sheeeeeet, this is gonna be such a fucking disaster. Wait, uh I mean... THIS IS GONNA ROCK!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
What's the risk of running 3 low profile VMs with MQ?

The enchanter nerf really makes me wonder about grinding AAs, but the server might be fun if I don't have to do true box LFG for a hour every night

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What's the risk of running 3 low profile VMs with MQ?

The enchanter nerf really makes me wonder about grinding AAs, but the server might be fun if I don't have to do true box LFG for a hour every night

If you have to ask, high? If you know your shit, medium? I'd avoid the vm shit and just use shitter laptops with stream tools.

Enchanter nerfs are irrelevant. Mangler xp is good, and you can just park in griegs and instead of endless caster pant rots and shit get wild loot from their endless named spawn system there. Aa shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's not like enchanters aren't the highest DPS for five expansions even with the AE nerf...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's not like enchanters aren't the highest DPS for five expansions even with the AE nerf...

Hey, we like to feel like victims.

....."we" when I don't play one anymore and 90% chance I'll be SK or Nec on here

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This server is just

8632683621.jpg

I wanna play right now, I wonder if there's a beta?

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
We all know how that worked out for us in AoS.

Planes of Power, where they forced everyone to bring every alt they had and split quarm as hard as possible.

No one had any fun doing that shit.
Nobody is forced to do it man people can just have a main with 50% RA if they don't wanna level alts. But they would have two chances to show up for the weekly VT raid instead of one. The Bat Phone guilds can enjoy their 3AM Va'Dyn raids because he now drops Bloodfrenzy.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They have tools to detect VM's. You can use cheap PC's or if you buy a block of IP addresses from your ISP (typically not to expensive if your willing to pay for mulitple EQ accounts) and you give each VM their own IP so they see the traffic coming from a diffrent address you should be ok.

You can also get serf shark or nord VPN and install them on the client machines and hide your IP that was on a vm.

here is some more info on using VM's in EQ.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users