EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't wait for them to fuck the loot tables up so bad that Cloak of Flames drops off fire beetles.
It'll be like my favorite EQ bug of all time when you could forage any item that dropped in that zone.
I can totally see this being a shitshow launch like with Ragefire. People getting raid loot off level 1 mobs and them having to shut the server down for 2 days to fix it, multiple restarts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
There was one beautiful day in 1999 when Fear loot was dropping off dervs in Nro. Until they brought down the servers and removed it from everyone’s inventory.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I can't even. fuck.
Some people have retardation, it's a typical human syndrome. Enchanter charm is definitely the most OP thing in the game, and allows you to do some downright silly stuff if you are smart enough. But because of said retardation, and it being particularly concentrated in bards and enc players, most people haven't experienced it.

I think GoD expension made this particularly obvious. Enchanters were walking gods in that expansion at release if they knew the difference between their toes and fingers.

Rali

Trakanon Raider
This is the first time I've been interested in a TLP. I can get my "classic" fix on any number of emulators, but the sheer madness of this launch due to its rules will have me giving DayDarkBreakPaw some money! Now to work out which class to play!

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Is gdkp better than just pooling all the loot, selling it off and sending splits to the raiders? Guessing people try to pick up shit for cheap so they can flip it themselves? I've never really done gdkp, just small groups farming out of era and selling/splitting.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is gdkp better than just pooling all the loot, selling it off and sending splits to the raiders? Guessing people try to pick up shit for cheap so they can flip it themselves? I've never really done gdkp, just small groups farming out of era and selling/splitting.

That way puts way more work on the person doing it - at least until Luclin. Who wants to sit in the Tunnel selling the loot. And if it doesn't sell, people will keep asking whenthey are getting the split done.

Plus selling loot in raid and splitting after gets you a item you might want right away instead of waiting for your split and then trying to find the item again.

Last edited:

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Bards do not have better slows than enchanters.
This is the kinda dumb shit that leaves people thinking chanters are a god class. You read the percentage of the slow on allah. See chanters have a higher % on the highest level slow they get and just assumed it's better.

Bard slows don't have a mana cost which is very relevant in Classic, they have an AoE Slow, can be cast while moving and don't have a 1.5 second global lockout.

Before getting time slow stick the only time good enchanters even cast the higher % slow is on raid bosses and Shaman slow overrides it and has half the cast time.
They are OP as fuck in groups all the way to GoD, but in a lot of raids they are relegated to buff bitches which causes many to quit or main change.
Buff bitches
God Class
Pick one.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
i think people are taking the word "level" to literally when talking about raid npc's

potactics rallos zek is lvl 75... potime rallos zek is lvl 75...

I think they mean "level" as in tier/difficulty

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Mabbu is forming a OW hardcore guild. Krimz is forming a GDKP guild. Zaide is forming a casual DZ guild. I'm sure Rampage will get a EU guild. Not sure on who else at the moment.
who is Krimz and how do i apply to the guild?

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
This is the kinda dumb shit that leaves people thinking chanters are a god class. You read the percentage of the slow on allah. See chanters have a higher % on the highest level slow they get and just assumed it's better.

Bard slows don't have a mana cost which is very relevant in Classic, they have an AoE Slow, can be cast while moving and don't have a 1.5 second global lockout.

Before getting time slow stick the only time good enchanters even cast the higher % slow is on raid bosses and Shaman slow overrides it and has half the cast time.

Buff bitches
God Class
Pick one.
I like this guy's commitment to trolling.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
That Krim dude ran gdkp runs on Selos I did. Didn't realize it was the same guy until I saw his discord avatar

Amazing raiding experience

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Buff bitches
God Class
Pick one.
You don't define what you consider best is so people are going to make their own assumptions instead of reading your mind. Yes, it's a slow cast but there's plenty of situations where it's still worthwhile. And the actual percentage gap between enchanter and bard is still pretty significant, especially in those early eras. Plus you have to worry about resists every time it cycles and oftentimes the bard is pulling so they're not even going to be in group.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Think thats just arguing semantics, but the entire debate is kind of pointless. Saying its a God class or not isnt going to make people play something they dont want to play.

Outside of that - wish we had a more central guild than picking between three different loot styles. Going to have to make a big friends list I guess.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
You don't define what you consider best is so people are going to make their own assumptions instead of reading your mind. Yes, it's a slow cast but there's plenty of situations where it's still worthwhile. And the actual percentage gap between enchanter and bard is still pretty significant, especially in those early eras. Plus you have to worry about resists every time it cycles and oftentimes the bard is pulling so they're not even going to be in group.
You said it was better then Bard slow. It's not. Good Enchanters don't really cast slow while leveling it's a waste of mana. Spending 100 mana to slow a Blue-Yellow con that's gonna die in 15 seconds isn't worth it. Mana free bard song slow on the other hand is great while leveling. You don't really cast slow on raids because Shaman exist. Slow is generally only used when you kill a group named with abnormally high HP for it's level or when you're solo/duo with a Cleric. Bard slow is definitely much more useful.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You said it was better then Bard slow. It's not. Good Enchanters don't really cast slow while leveling it's a waste of mana. Spending 100 mana to slow a Blue-Yellow con that's gonna die in 15 seconds isn't worth it. Mana free bard song slow on the other hand is great while leveling. You don't really cast slow on raids because Shaman exist. Slow is generally only used when you kill a group named with abnormally high HP for it's level or when you're solo/duo with a Cleric. Bard slow is definitely much more useful.

Then bards are also have better dots than necros and shaman and nuke better than wizards since with their mana free dot songs

You have your own definition of "better" that's absolutely retarded.

A group with an enchanter will kill things twice as fast and wipe half as often with an enchanter over a bard or any other class.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From a TLP noobie perspective - what exactly isnt in when these servers launch in classic? Do they still have noobie gear like Initiates? Other helpful things along the way? etc.