EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pure bid system with no restrictions but based on dkp earned from raiding without the ability to drop a credit card down is probably the most fair system possible.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Was in Velks OC, chanter insisted we drag a Champ from UD for his pet. Sure as shit, the minute he went afk the pet broke. No one wanted to kill it because we knew the chanter would waste even more of our session crying he needed another pet. Group leader is like, "We're all going to die aren't we?" (The chanter did manage to return before anyone died.)
Chanters who go AFK when they have pets should automatically lose a level.

That chanter was likely doing more dps then the rest of the group combined.

Love doing that for hours on end, then get bitched at when I need a piss.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That chanter was likely doing more dps then the rest of the group combined.

Love doing that for hours on end, then get bitched at when I need a piss.
Those rogue kobolds and spiders are dps beasts. Cleric + ench is definitely a high tier duo. Crazy dps and cleric synergy with ench is nice, especially for fat stuns they can drop when pet breaks.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I thought Zaide was doing a super casual guild that did plat/krono raids?? They're doing DKP tho?

Oh, no, I remember now, they're doing that "use dkp on anything for any class" system that I dislike :(. Feels like a plat raid tbh. Seeing a Wizard roll for a COF as a monk hurts inside.
GDKP = Plat raids. I think the actual term GDKP is a WoW thing but yeah it’s the same. This guild is 100% plat/krono bids. All bids are done in the open so folks can see it and there are no item restrictions.

By maximizing the number of people who can bid you maximize the split for the raid at the end of the night. On a server like Mischief doing GDKP just means that instead of imaginary dkp that is only useful internally with your guild you get raw plat that is good everywhere.

• 2Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So Gangsta Dragon Kill Points?

Gummy-Dragon kill points?

Gnu Dragon Kill points?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The xml is on github here: Kharzette/EQTLPUI

The breath meter is EQUI_BreathWindow.xml

The breath meter needs SamDrown.tga, which the forum doesn't like. Lemme zip it...

Attachments

• SamDrown.zip
    870 KB · Views: 6
  • 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Gold DKP. It allows people to farm 'dkp' outside of the raid, but in the end the 'dkp' is redistributed to the rest of the group so it's not that bad.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
GDKP sounds terrible at first, cause someone could just open up their wallet and outbid you. But its short sighted, cause if they want to continue to open up their wallet and outbid you - you can eventually just buy the item you want from someone else on this particular server since everythings tradeable. I would guess? in EverQuests case, the only bad thing is that people may limit the amount of people that come on their raids.

• 2Like

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nothing excites me more than fresh pixels. Not looking to take this server serious, so going to level my bard from Qeynos for the first time. What's a good route to take if I want to stay in the area? Blackburrow --> Permafrost --> Paw?

Anything besides the gnoll fangs to quest for?

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Nothing excites me more than fresh pixels. Not looking to take this server serious, so going to level my bard from Qeynos for the first time. What's a good route to take if I want to stay in the area? Blackburrow --> Permafrost --> Paw?

Majority of the population goes unrest, uguk, lguk, oot gobs or hole if it is open by the time you get to that level. It is possible to deviate, but you usually need a pre formed group as the amount lfg in off the beaten path zones are limited.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Pelts off bears and wolves give a good chunk of exp in the low levels in qeynos hills, but that might be heavy competition with all the fucking rangers running around. For groups HHK is very good xp for a lot of levels, though if you aren't willing to go murder the humans it starts letting up about 30 I think. Blackburrow I've always had an easy time getting groups together on TLP. Permafrost is a mixed bag. Not too difficult to solo there, and usually you can find some barbs running around who will group. Split paw is a fine dungeon, but I wouldn't expect to find people holding their arms open. People pop their head in, train everyone, ect ect. You can do it, TBH I'd head toward HHK around late teens and transition toward the eastern map.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Don’t worry boys you can tank at least up through Luclin end game with just leather so tanks will be fine.
While this is definitely true in terms of beating the content i would be worried about a guild having this attitude. Time is money and a guild that can clear VT in 3 hours can get more loot then a guild that clears VT in 4 hours. A guild that 2 splits Naggy gets double the loot of a guild that doesn't. I totally get selling a Vulak earring to some Saudi Oil Prince for the Iron price, but i would be worried about Rogues selling their Vulak daggers for 2 kr then showing up to raid with some shitty Kunark weapon. But i don't know how you would make a rule to prevent the later.

• 1Picard

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Majority of the population goes unrest, uguk, lguk, oot gobs or hole if it is open by the time you get to that level. It is possible to deviate, but you usually need a pre formed group as the amount lfg in off the beaten path zones are limited.
Permafrost and Paw are pretty much unused zones on TLPs outside of premade groups that want to be quirky. Paw's mob population is about 40% enchanters and 40% clerics so most pulls you get to deal with healers AND random mezzes it's great.

Perma might see a tiny bit more action due to random loot but I wouldn't bet on it, it still has the problem of being out hte middle of bumfuck nowhere and the "hub" remains in commons which all the meta zones work around.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
There were several gdkp guilds in wow classic and they were all the richest motherfuckers on the server.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

The Lavastorm, Sol A, Sol B cycle is also super good but Sol A is not a place you want to stumble in to blind. Lavastorm in general is such an overperformer that it's hard not to always, always start on that side of the world. With a premade there's a lot of merit to starting Paineel and then doing Tox and Kerra (the cat city thing that used to be its own zone) up to the mid 20s.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Lavastorm vs the undead ring in NRO....ive always had the NRO preference cause its so fast and easy undead