EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
NRo is gonna be even more contested now that Rahotep will spawn twice as often and drop a wide spread of level 15ish loot. He was super common before, I expect he'll pop every cycle and potentially multiple times if you clear him fast enough that he can spawn again.

Legit every item around level 15 should be worthless within a few weeks just due to him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Lavastorm vs the undead ring in NRO....ive always had the NRO preference cause its so fast and easy undead
NRO is also the only outdoor zone with a ZEM in classic! Kill for kill nothing beats it. Some zones probably outperform it due to mob density though.

Xerge

<Donor>
Nro bandit camps 12-18 ish I think it was? Damn. I want to finally try one of these servers but New World closed beta is July 20th..

Edit: damn Nro is nostalgic. A lot of guides/advice told newbies to go to Nro because the of the ZEM and sure enough on Eci server Nro was lit.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
NRo is gonna be even more contested now that Rahotep will spawn twice as often and drop a wide spread of level 15ish loot. He was super common before, I expect he'll pop every cycle and potentially multiple times if you clear him fast enough that he can spawn again.

Legit every item around level 15 should be worthless within a few weeks just due to him.
Bobby you trying to mislead people?
I know Loremaster Bobby must know about A Warbone Spearman and A Warbone Monk. You even get Basilisks eggs at that camp.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just making a few small tweaks to zones like Paw and CT would make the TLP leveling experience so much better. But of course that’s too much to ask for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Nro bandit camps 12-18 ish I think it was? Damn. I want to finally try one of these servers but New World closed beta is July 20th..

Edit: damn Nro is nostalgic. A lot of guides/advice told newbies to go to Nro because the of the ZEM and sure enough on Eci server Nro was lit.
Mischief is probably the best TLP be to a tourist EQ player on. It will be really really easy to take breaks and come back because you can just dump your gear for Krono. Then when you come back you can by last expansions raid gear for pennies on the dollar and be instantly useful to your guild.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just making a few small tweaks to zones like Paw and CT would make the TLP leveling experience so much better. But of course that’s too much to ask for.
Yup. This is exactly part of why classic start is so boring. There are actually a decent number of dungeons, but they refuse to tweak them whatsoever to make them viable.

A similar thing happens in Kunark, but just the sheer volume of level 1-60 content in that expansion, especially for the level 30-50ish ranges makes it not really matter.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Yup. This is exactly part of why classic start is so boring. There are actually a decent number of dungeons, but they refuse to tweak them whatsoever to make them viable.

A similar thing happens in Kunark, but just the sheer volume of level 1-60 content in that expansion, especially for the level 30-50ish ranges makes it not really matter.
CT and Paw are both already solid XP spots if you have a strong group. The problem is if you got people leaving every half hour it's hard to find reps. Also the camps are full of healers so if you got shitters that aren't stunning/nuking when they should, well you're gonna have a bad time.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ct especially is just thin walled areas for the most part which means a lot of healing through walls and a lot of potential trains. It's a real nightmare of a zone without some awareness and decent CC. If you don't have a snarer or good burst dps, good luck living at <lvl 35!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There were several gdkp guilds in wow classic and they were all the richest motherfuckers on the server.
Indeed. I have 25k or so gold from doing weekly GDKP from BWL through Naxx, so like the last year? And that includes buying gear from all 3 raids for myself and consumables. I have only done a couple over the past 6 weeks or so otherwise I would easily have over 30k. Everyone is doing it.

edit: this is on one character. We have several people on our guild who are doing 3 or 4 GDKPs a week. They are absolutely loaded with gold.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
CT and Paw are both already solid XP spots if you have a strong group. The problem is if you got people leaving every half hour it's hard to find reps. Also the camps are full of healers so if you got shitters that aren't stunning/nuking when they should, well you're gonna have a bad time.
And that's the problem. People are always going to gravitate towards paths of least resistance. It's why shit like Dalnir, Droga, Nurga, Kaesora, and to a lesser extent HS go completely unused. Dungeons with godawful locations or oppressive as fuck mechanics need some sort of massive incentive. Major ZEM changes, major named spawn rate boosts, etc. Hell, you could even consider having them drop a few out of era items from SoV or SoL.

Like I said, in Kunark the sheer volume of zones in that expansion makes it not really matter. And the outdoor stuff is so good/densely populated that it's meaningless if those level 20-50ish dungeons aren't touched.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
And that's the problem. People are always going to gravitate towards paths of least resistance. It's why shit like Dalnir, Droga, Nurga, Kaesora, and to a lesser extent HS go completely unused. Dungeons with godawful locations or oppressive as fuck mechanics need some sort of massive incentive. Major ZEM changes, major named spawn rate boosts, etc. Hell, you could even consider having them drop a few out of era items from SoV or SoL.
They aren't oppressive as fuck mechanics, it's really easy really basic stuff. Dalnir still has or used to have the best ZEM in the game by a lot, but very few people went there. The reality is most EQ players are boomers that are watching Netflix on their second monitor while the play. Judges camp in Paw is already a great place to level week one of the server because you have no competition, i've done it before and it was awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really want to play on this, but I don't know if I want to devote the no lifing time I want to too it. I really wish they had a SOV locked TLP. I would play on that one in a heartbeart. I thought about Green, but I fear it'll be hard to find groups.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is probably a terrible server for nolifing. It's going to be FAR easier to get basic equipment and gear out, and especially to get decent quality raid loot on any character. It's going to be a lot harder to actually focus down bis gear. So it's ideal for someone who does NOT no life.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Paw is pretty amazing for classic. I did that on Mangler and it was empty 95% of the time -- and it even has a good ZEM!

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really want to play on this, but I don't know if I want to devote the no lifing time I want to too it. I really wish they had a SOV locked TLP. I would play on that one in a heartbeart. I thought about Green, but I fear it'll be hard to find groups.
Sounds like you already made up your mind, and don't even know it.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This interests me. Playing a mage sounds like fun.

• 2Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
My heart says Ranger, but my brain says Mage or Cleric because most of my play time is during work. How badly am I willing to shirk responsibility for pixels?