EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
My heart says Ranger, but my brain says Mage or Cleric because most of my play time is during work. How badly am I willing to shirk responsibility for pixels?
Be a Mage, get a static, farm loot to twink the Ranger ftw.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They shouldn't fuck around with this though and go all the way with it. Every mob shares all loot tables with all other mobs of equal level. No pussy shit.

Now, what obscure city NPC is level 50/60, has the lowest health and fastest respawn time.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
NRo is gonna be even more contested now that Rahotep will spawn twice as often and drop a wide spread of level 15ish loot. He was super common before, I expect he'll pop every cycle and potentially multiple times if you clear him fast enough that he can spawn again.

Legit every item around level 15 should be worthless within a few weeks just due to him.
Blackburrow has a fair chunk of named critters around 15 with terrible drops, and they spawn fairly often already. Wouldn't it make more sense to go for a camp like that if the loots shared? TBH, I just don't know! I think it's definitely going to make sense going after mobs that normally suck, rather than trying to gun for the mobs with cool drops you normally would.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Blackburrow has a fair chunk of named critters around 15 with terrible drops, and they spawn fairly often already. Wouldn't it make more sense to go for a camp like that if the loots shared? TBH, I just don't know! I think it's definitely going to make sense going after mobs that normally suck, rather than trying to gun for the mobs with cool drops you normally would.
Tbh I think Bb is a bad zone for this because the rares tend to be pretty rare. I think Crushbone is great because the rares there have really high spawn chances (Emp/Dvinn especially).

It will be interesting to see if they do all named mobs or just rare flagged mobs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Tbh I think Bb is a bad zone for this because the rares tend to be pretty rare. I think Crushbone is great because the rares there have really high spawn chances (Emp/Dvinn especially).

It will be interesting to see if they do all named mobs or just rare flagged mobs.
I'm assuming it'd be all named... and if I were to be a real cynic, I'd bet they just copy paste the mobs that count from fabled list.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are focus items in from the start on this? I really keep trying to talk myself out of it because I want to do tbc classic and it’s prob only a few months after this starts but fucking nostalgia drawing me in. Plus gdkp guild sounds perfect for this shit IMO.

• 1Like

Fierlen

Trakanon Raider
What about that zone with Lord Inquisitor Seru in it? It has tons of "named" mobs with varying level ranges. Dare to dream!!!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Are focus items in from the start on this? I really keep trying to talk myself out of it because I want to do tbc classic and it’s prob only a few months after this starts but fucking nostalgia drawing me in. Plus gdkp guild sounds perfect for this shit IMO.
focus items come a few expansions in I believe. can't remember if it shows it or not, but the focus wont work.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It really needs to be all named mobs. Need to cause mass chaos here.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It will prob mobs that appear in hunters, also when they say level it's talking about a group not the level of a mob.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
It's not gonna be "named" mobs. It's Rare mobs. The ones that con as "A Rare Mob" in game.

Unsure how a "raid mob" will be determined. They could go with the ones that /con "looks like it would take an army to defeat" or they could do like the did with MoTM and add it to select targets, my money is on the later.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
No word on it specifically but I think no focus pre Luclin is the new “tlp standard” unfortunately.

• 1Like

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lame. May end up doing somethjng other than necro if that’s the case. Doubt it though lol

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's not gonna be "named" mobs. It's Rare mobs. The ones that con as "A Rare Mob" in game.

Unsure how a "raid mob" will be determined. They could go with the ones that /con "looks like it would take an army to defeat" or they could do like the did with MoTM and add it to select targets, my money is on the later.
This is speculation. Devs responded with essentially "find out for yourselves" when questioned about if there's a distinction between rare and named npcs, last I checked.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
May actually go ench remember doing that on the one server I didn’t main necro on and loving it out of the gate because of the flexibility of finding charm targets in classic zones vs necro.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't be shocked if it's super lame and the random loot is just within zone.

• 1Worf