EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Order > Chaos

If this is what tickles y'alls pickle, respect, but it's baffling to me. We had memes about RNGesus being a horrible friend for not just months... not just years... but for now DECADES and y'all want to go all in on a server where that horrible friend sits on the throne?

Help me understand this LoL, I'm serious... not trolling y'all; guess I'm wired differently but this server sounds absolutely repugnant. You want a Sap Encrusted Branch so you can snare as a Cle? Well it drops everywhere (relatively)... and nowhere (relatively)! It's awesome!

Eh... not really. All camps and all bosses (in their teir) are equal. This is the closest EQ has come to globalist communism.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
This is speculation. Devs responded with essentially "find out for yourselves" when questioned about if there's a distinction between rare and named npcs, last I checked.
I don't see that question asked or answered anywhere on the forums. But "A Rare Mob" is unambiguous. Similar level, Random, Raid mob are ambiguous.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Order > Chaos

If this is what tickles y'alls pickle, respect, but it's baffling to me. We had memes about RNGesus being a horrible friend for not just months... not just years... but for now DECADES and y'all want to go all in on a server where that horrible friend sits on the throne?

Help me understand this LoL, I'm serious... not trolling y'all; guess I'm wired differently but this server sounds absolutely repugnant. You want a Sap Encrusted Branch so you can snare as a Cle? Well it drops everywhere (relatively)... and nowhere (relatively)! It's awesome!

Eh... not really. All camps and all bosses (in their teir) are equal. This is the closest EQ has come to globalist communism.
The page says that rare spawns are dramatically increased so there won't be as many placeholders. The randomness is supposedly within the expansion. So if you kill the Level 50 Froglok King in Lower Guk he will be sharing loot tables with all other level 50 rare/named mobs in vanilla and spawn more often.

I expect and hope this to be a glorious loot pinata shit show.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The page says that rare spawns are dramatically increased so there won't be as many placeholders. The randomness is supposedly within the expansion. So if you kill the Level 50 Froglok King in Lower Guk he will be sharing loot tables with all other level 50 rare/named mobs in vanilla and spawn more often.

I expect and hope this to be a glorious loot pinata shit show.
If this server is close to Selo's rare mob rates? Shit is going to be nutty.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Because a lot of us have "beaten" this game multiple times over. Randomizers add replayability, look at stuff like ALTTP randos or DS1 randos or any mods of games, this is like that for EQ.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If this server is close to Selo's rare mob rates? Shit is going to be nutty.
Yeah, but what I want is random city NPCs to count as rares so there's this mass effort by everyone to constantly depopulate the major cities for fucking loots.

Now THAT would be hysterical shit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Definitely going Magician. I'll play this.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Because a lot of us have "beaten" this game multiple times over.
If this is the caveat and the "because" to my "why", then I don't get it and it makes sense why I don't get it heh.

I'd love to see a new vid btw! Any plans?

• 1Hodjing

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah I expect “raid mob” to be MoTM mob through PoP. It’s possible they flag specific mobs by hand. I think the raid /con is the least likely but I wouldn’t mind that either.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Order > Chaos

With No Drop, that RNG really was subject to just your guild. With free trade, RNG can be a complete bitch and you'll still have other options. Its just not the same. Better yet, some people that quit.. will mostly log in just to try and sell their shit for krono before they stop entirely - opening up the market even more.

But most of these conversations are just in theory, regardless. We all seem to have pretty high hopes for this rule set, but it could be the laziest implementation we've ever seen. Or it could be the most heavy handed, laziest implementation. We just dont know yet cause theyre being so vague. I personally am just hoping they dropped a vague hint just to fish for the best ideas on how to implement it.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Necro here I come to solo nameds and grind pp and then eventually twink a new char and then instantly quit. Like every tlp I play.

• 2Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
With No Drop, that RNG really was subject to just your guild. With free trade, RNG can be a complete bitch and you'll still have other options. Its just not the same. Better yet, some people that quit.. will mostly log in just to try and sell their shit for krono before they stop entirely - opening up the market even more.

But most of these conversations are just in theory, regardless. We all seem to have pretty high hopes for this rule set, but it could be the laziest implementation we've ever seen. Or it could be the most heavy handed, laziest implementation. We just dont know yet cause theyre being so vague. I personally am just hoping they dropped a vague hint just to fish for the best ideas on how to implement it.
Wait wait... maybe I just figured out the appeal of the server by nullifying my own ignorance about it.

Is FREE TRADE what I think it is if I'm reading the context clues of your post?

Free trade = Nothing is no-drop and every. single. item. is tradeable?

• 4Like
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 4 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Wait wait... maybe I just figured out the appeal of the server by nullifying my own ignorance about it.

Is FREE TRADE what I think it is if I'm reading the context clues of your post?

Free trade = Nothing is no-drop and every. single. item. is tradeable?
Yes, with extremely limited exceptions (epics, certain keys)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Yes, with extremely limited exceptions (epics, certain keys)
giphy.gif

Well now that's an entirely different ball of cum-sock... I thought... well, you know what I thought. TJT said it... Loot Pinata server LoL!

• 1Hodjing

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Hill giants going to be maximum level toxicity due to the value of raw plat drops opposed to item camps that are variable.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Were there other TLPs that were "free trade"? That's new right? Besides test server or something?

• 1Hodjing

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Were there other TLPs that were "free trade"? That's new right? Besides test server or something?
Nah first of its kind. They even claimed it would never ever ever happen multiple times as well. I think it was even denied in suinegs ama with the devs.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Well hot damn... that's unreal. Hence my bafflement at the interest because raid items being no-drop on legitimate servers have been "sacred" since the game's inception... like, my brain literally didn't for one second equate the term "Free Trade" to no-drop being terminated since that's been such a fundamental staple of how loot in EQ works in the high-end game. I just thought the idea of this shit was that you'd kill Gore and get Trak loot and vice versa and it's like... k, that's...

...interesting I guess.... but...

...yeah, everything tradeable is quite the zinger. People are going to be poop-socking this server to the fucking seabed.

• 1Hodjing

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm definitely going deep into this one. TBH I hope they expand on it in the future. Random rares, random loot. If this is a success maybe they'll take it deeper.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am excited for the level of exploits that are going to inevitably happen. I'd bet anything that there's quite a few obscure NPCs out there with low health and quick respawn timers that count as rare in various cities or path less traveled zones and they will get abused to hell and back for item drops.

• 1Like