EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm goin' Necro for this one. Friend who hasn't played in a while is gonna static-run with me Day 1 at least to level 30ish (and catch up later). I'm going to try to go balls to the wall to 50, though I wasn't able to do that on Aradune. Pretty much crapped out around level 42 and had to go to sleep. However I also wasn't on anything then and I'm willing to drop some meth for this one.

Anyway, said friend wants to be a Wizard. I'm thinking a Mage would be better and would still satiate the need to cast nukes and blow things up. Except an earth pet + my necro pet would be some great tankage. However Wizard Exodus would be super useful to save time if a fight is going south. Unfortunately I know very little about both classes so I can't say what'd be a better choice. They also specifically want to be a Wizard, but I'm not sure how concrete that is if it's concrete at all.

So, Mage or Wizard?

With an earth pet + necro pet would we even need a player tank?

Isn't there another mage pet that does really good DPS early on (fire or water IIRC) or did that get nerfed?

Used to play necro religiously 20 years ago and still remember the class like it was yesterday so this'll be fun.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That chanter was likely doing more dps then the rest of the group combined.

Love doing that for hours on end, then get bitched at when I need a piss.

Yeah, that was the lame part of chanter. You can't do ANYTHING else while in a group because you're always waiting for charm breaks. If I needed to AFK I'd break charm before I AFK'd and long-duration mezz/root it. Which gave me like, 2 entire minutes to do something else and run back, but it was better than coming back to a dead group.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
id12554.png

Random confession time: I've never killed this dude. Ever. On any server. Never even seen him. Ever. Literally the only mob I've never killed up to Vishimitar. Weird, right?

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I'm goin' Necro for this one. Friend who hasn't played in a while is gonna static-run with me Day 1 at least to level 30ish (and catch up later). I'm going to try to go balls to the wall to 50, though I wasn't able to do that on Aradune. Pretty much crapped out around level 42 and had to go to sleep. However I also wasn't on anything then and I'm willing to drop some meth for this one.

Anyway, said friend wants to be a Wizard. I'm thinking a Mage would be better and would still satiate the need to cast nukes and blow things up. Except an earth pet + my necro pet would be some great tankage. However Wizard Exodus would be super useful to save time if a fight is going south. Unfortunately I know very little about both classes so I can't say what'd be a better choice. They also specifically want to be a Wizard, but I'm not sure how concrete that is if it's concrete at all.

So, Mage or Wizard?

With an earth pet + necro pet would we even need a player tank?

Isn't there another mage pet that does really good DPS early on (fire or water IIRC) or did that get nerfed?

Used to play necro religiously 20 years ago and still remember the class like it was yesterday so this'll be fun.
Necro pets are paper now. They cant tank for shit. You need to kite now or pets goes poof in a few rounds. Mage pets got nerfed aswell, but not sure how badly.
Kiting is very efficient now though with the buffed venom dots. They are insane damage.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well hot damn... that's unreal. Hence my bafflement at the interest because raid items being no-drop on legitimate servers have been "sacred" since the game's inception... like, my brain literally didn't for one second equate the term "Free Trade" to no-drop being terminated since that's been such a fundamental staple of how loot in EQ works in the high-end game. I just thought the idea of this shit was that you'd kill Gore and get Trak loot and vice versa and it's like... k, that's...

...interesting I guess.... but...

...yeah, everything tradeable is quite the zinger. People are going to be poop-socking this server to the fucking seabed.
You know there already exists a server like this right (just live)?

DickTrickle

You guys need to talk then.

I thought test server OR al-kabor or some off-shoot like that had no no-drop items but as you can surmise... I haven't been an EQ 101 college professor since 2004 :p
Firiona vie has free trade and has existed for a very long time. It is one of the most popular live servers. The other person was probably referencing that there's never been a free trade TLP.

• 2Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
We should do launch day predictions.

Hours late for server up.
Number of "Servers coming down in 5 minutes!" in the first day.
Number of times the former dumps everyone way before 5 minutes.
Price is right style guess of the max queue
Number of outrage threads on the EQ forums over not being able to play
Number of victims of "/qu to bring up the quest screen" the first day

haha.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
As is tradition I will be able to play for a few days after launch to experience the shitshow and then will be away on holidays, while my motivation to play eq is through the roof.

I hope I get corona and be quarantined for 2 weeks.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
the free trade interest me. I may jump to that server once it reaches pop. I have no desire of doing anything earlier than that.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Well hot damn... that's unreal. Hence my bafflement at the interest because raid items being no-drop on legitimate servers have been "sacred" since the game's inception... like, my brain literally didn't for one second equate the term "Free Trade" to no-drop being terminated since that's been such a fundamental staple of how loot in EQ works in the high-end game. I just thought the idea of this shit was that you'd kill Gore and get Trak loot and vice versa and it's like... k, that's...

...interesting I guess.... but...

...yeah, everything tradeable is quite the zinger. People are going to be poop-socking this server to the fucking seabed.
Let’s go Vanessa, time to slay some dragons.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive never not played a tank. Ive leveled a few other classes a bit, but nothing else. I feel like I need to take a SK up first, but I've always preferred Warrior. With this server, Im totally at a loss for what I "should" play when it comes to not running around in straight bronze armor and fine steel weapon w/o dropping a ton of Krono.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Necro dots aren't as good as shaman dots, but both get fucked if you just dispel them.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Necro pets are paper now. They cant tank for shit. You need to kite now or pets goes poof in a few rounds. Mage pets got nerfed aswell, but not sure how badly.
Kiting is very efficient now though with the buffed venom dots. They are insane damage.

Yeah mage pets aren't a lot better, I believe it's Luclin they start getting most of their defensive power back.

One thing you can do to make them a lot more tanky in early expacs is give them banded armor, it's probably only 100p or less to get kill up to make it, and probably costs about 40pp to make a full set (1 bracer because pets only have 1 wrist apparently) Even then they still tank worse than a War/Knight/Ranger in banded.

DickTrickle

Yeah mage pets aren't a lot better, I believe it's Luclin they start getting most of their defensive power back.

One thing you can do to make them a lot more tanky in early expacs is give them banded armor, it's probably only 100p or less to get kill up to make it, and probably costs about 40pp to make a full set (1 bracer because pets only have 1 wrist apparently) Even then they still tank worse than a War/Knight/Ranger in banded.
LDON is when the nerf goes away.