EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The golden age of training is over. You can fully automate 72 characters that function via warps and fartaunting and they won't touch you until you agro something that causes another person to die, then you're fucked mate.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Rogean

Trakanon Raider
There are two different AC Values, and two different Attack Values. Avoidance AC and Mitigation AC (And their Attack Counterparts).

Both players and mobs have these values, with different formulas for getting the resulting number.

We can study (or see from dev posts) how these numbers are affected by various mechanics, such as agility, but in the end these values are compared against each other in the combat code.

Mitigation has no place in this discussion, it is completely unrelated to Agility (Avoidance / Chance to be hit).

Agility does affect your Avoidance AC. Anyone can see how the Avoidance AC number changes on their stat sheet by changing their Agility around.

How much higher Avoidance AC helps is really up for debate, it could be very minor, but it does help.

Consider this, the warrior Evasive discipline is a direct increase to Avoidance AC. Log in a warrior and watch this number change as you activate it. It increases it by a good amount (I think +50%). Parses do show that this makes a difference, but probably not as much as it should for such a large increase.

So, Agility does increase Avoidance AC, which does help avoid attacks, but it's arguably a negligible amount. Only Tanks should be getting the buff, and it's usually one of the first to go when you need buff slots.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, their dots were consolidated to make them stack better. means you have stronger dots. Same with druids, that's why they got better too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they were smart, they would open the 'other mischief' server up 6 hours before mischief, and bleed off some of the pop that want a new server no matter what, and don't care that it's not mischief, as long as they can play now.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Mage or Shaman again! I always really liked playing fatties... why is life truly so hard.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
See this shit is exactly why shaman is so un-fun to play. You get autists trying to use napkin math on formulas nobody really understands, and then demanding that you keep up some useless fucking buff for an entire raid's worth of people.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Anyone who went into the realm of tank parsing knows avoid AC/shield AC is strong. Saying your main tank shouldn't have the max they can get is just putting your pure casual heart bare to the world. Depending on era, its a few dozen+ shield AC from 75->max agi.

Ur that one guy that doesn't aug his gear cause he's gonna replace it, aren't you?

Holy shit do you think agi ac is the same thing as shield ac??

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
See this shit is exactly why shaman is so un-fun to play. You get autists trying to use napkin math on formulas nobody really understands, and then demanding that you keep up some useless fucking buff for an entire raid's worth of people.

Stop. I can only get so erect lol.

AGIDEX.gif

Had to update gif :)

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Anyone putting in thousands of hours to test something with a proper sample size is my kind of autist!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
No. No. No. S Secrets help me here.

It's been parsed. It's settled. Agility does nothing. I don't care what you think it does. Autism plus math says it doesn't do anything.

It does do something, technically - but the benefits are far less and when it does, it's microscopic.

DEX, STR, ATK and Skillcap are the only ways to improve actual damage amounts in classic -> Luclin through 'stats' beyond procs/AAs in terms of raw damage.

There's probably some dumb shit or edge cases I am forgetting like disc modifiers, but in terms of actual equippable items stats, it's really just ATK, DEX, STR, Skillcap.

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, their dots were consolidated to make them stack better. means you have stronger dots. Same with druids, that's why they got better too.

They consolidated the mana cost too, so when it gets resisted it really stings the mana bar lol...

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

I understand how it works though. The problem is you can't actually figure out the exact value Avoidance is gonna give because it changes depending on the mobs Accuracy and we don't have that number available to us. On top of that it has diminishing returns because you can't avoid a hit that already missed you so going from 200 to 205 isn't gonna have as big of an effect as going from 100 to 105 will. I did parse player accuracy vs mob avoidance at level 60 and 65 which works the exact same way. My expectation would be at 60 the 17-18 Avoidance provided by Sham agi buffs is a little more then 1% less chance to get hit. 1% less chance to get hit is worth the buff slots for a tank and worth the shamans time to cast IMO.