EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I am diggin this UI. I finally got the lay out how I like it, now I just need to get the chat tabs all figured out, and I am good to go.

This is the DrakahUI - Integrated Steel EQInterface downloads : Integrated - Steel UI

UI Test.jpg

Seriously thinking about going with a random race/class. Probably end up with something terrible like Assling Cleric,...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am diggin this UI. I finally got the lay out how I like it, now I just need to get the chat tabs all figured out, and I am good to go.

This is the DrakahUI - Integrated Steel EQInterface downloads : Integrated - Steel UI

View attachment 354285

Seriously thinking about going with a random race/class. Probably end up with something terrible like Assling Cleric,...
Friends don't let friends play Halfling Clerics and Druids. Especially druids.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
S Secrets Do you know how to disassemble the shaders? I was thinking of messing around with some stuff, like maybe trying point sampling.

A P99 person managed it but haven't had any luck getting him to respond on discord.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I want robes on wood elves and someone to figure out how to get an actual texture onto classic model boots.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
So I was bored and made a random Race/Class generator in excel. It creates a random number for each combo, and assigns a rank to it from 1 - 68, then rolls a random 1-68 to get the match. Every time you do it, it rerolls both sets of random numbers. To "roll" simply double click any empty cell and hit return enter. (Any change to the spreadsheet rerolls) This is non-functional here, just images,

RANDOM1.jpg

In this example I rolled 14, which matched Erudite Paladin. Below is the same roll, showing the formulas.

RANDOM2.jpg

Below is a second "roll", showing how all of the rankings change every time you do it. 38 this time for a Human SK.

RANDOM3.jpg

Below is a sampling of 100 rolls. Note 15 combo's had zero hits.

RANDOM4.jpg

edit: added chart

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So I was bored and made a random Race/Class generator in excel. It creates a random number for each combo, and assigns a rank to it from 1 - 68, then rolls a random 1-68 to get the match. Every time you do it, it rerolls both sets of random numbers. To "roll" simply double click any empty cell and hit return enter. (Any change to the spreadsheet rerolls) This is non-functional here, just images,

View attachment 354388

In this example I rolled 14, which matched Erudite Paladin. Below is the same roll, showing the formulas.

View attachment 354389

Below is a second "roll", showing how all of the rankings change every time you do it. 38 this time for a Human SK.

View attachment 354390
Want. Preferably as a uneditable forum response so everyone can know you're a cocksucker if you don't make that char.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't know if it's possible to add deity choice because that can create some interesting issues in classic like forcing a city choice for humans and half elves, as well altering as your starting factions in the only era where it matters. Human enchanter following Bertox starting in Qeynos is going to be very different from one doing the standard min/maxed Freeport/agnostic pick.

You'd probably want to roll deity after race/class was picked or you end up with the table vastly skewed towards bards (42 race/deity combos), rogues (34 combos) and warriors (45 combos) whereas monks have just 2.

Table at Deities - Project 1999 Wiki

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can you weight it so that each class has equal proportions even if less races can be part of it? And then maybe weight race choices to better suit ones with less class options? So humans would tend to be picked less per class because more classes can be humans but overall there'd be as many humans as say ogres, and then eg warriors and shaman would have roughly equal chance of being selected.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I want robes on wood elves and someone to figure out how to get an actual texture onto classic model boots.
I've got a project on the backburner to convert eq models / animations into collada and back. This would facilitate making new models, but I don't know if something like adding robes onto half elves would work.

Would be great if you could add even more custom geometry for special wearable items.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
S Secrets Do you know how to disassemble the shaders? I was thinking of messing around with some stuff, like maybe trying point sampling.

A P99 person managed it but haven't had any luck getting him to respond on discord.

It's a bit complex, but they're D3D9 shaders that are already compiled.

I don't think the client can load non-compiled shaders without client edits. But I mean, if you reverse engineer them to source, you can compile them and the client will load them as long as the inputs / outputs match what it expects.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The standalone compiler (which I'd never used) has a /dump disassemble option but it just errors out with no information.

I also tried the built in Dx11 stuff, and same kind of thing, generic no information error.

Renderdoc can launch EQ through the launcher and child process but the overlay never comes up so the hotkey to capture a frame doesn't work.

Maybe I need the super old dx9 fxc.exe

Here's one of my own compiled on the left vs an eq one on the right. Mine has an extra dword length I put there at the beginning to make it easier to read. They look similar.

close.png

Last edited:

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Can you weight it so that each class has equal proportions even if less races can be part of it? And then maybe weight race choices to better suit ones with less class options? So humans would tend to be picked less per class because more classes can be humans but overall there'd be as many humans as say ogres, and then eg warriors and shaman would have roughly equal chance of being selected.
Sure you could do that, but then it's not really random.

I could probably figure out how to do it with one "roll" eventually, but easier to just =randbetween(1,12) for race, then I'd have to have a separate table for each races allowable classes, with a random number/rank for each. Basically 12 separate generators.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, basically you have race/class/deity and the order you walk those will determine the final class distributions. Seems Class->Race->Deity is best since equally distributed classes is probably more interesting than races/deities.

edit: fixed

Last edited:

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, basically you have race/class/deity and the order you walk those will determine the final class distributions. Seems Race->Class->Deity is best since equally distributed classes is probably more interesting than races/deities.
Why are we randomizing Race before Class if Class is the one we want equally distributed?